In August 2012, we started discussing the idea of a Cemetech Minecraft server. We had a powerful dedicated server for the task, and more and more Cemetechians were playing the game. For over a year, we hosted a Survival server (publicized along with our Unreal Tournament 2004 server in an October 2012 news article), but with the release of Minecraft 1.7.x, we decided to do something new. For about three weeks, a dozen hard-working Cemetech members have been creating a new map and server for Cemetech's Minecraft server. They built an expansive, beautiful spawn with modern buildings and rustic paths, a powerful world-wide railroad system, and helped me configure a variety of plugins for the most fun, safe experience possible. I'm happy to announce that the Cemetech Minecraft Server 2.0 is now open.

Cemetech's Minecraft server is PvP, using Towny, and includes an economy (or in Minecraft terms, Cemetech Minecraft Server [PVP/Towny/iConomy]. I feel strongly that a competitive PvP environment will make for fun gameplay. I've long played on other PvP servers, and I always play a defensive game, building a well-fortified town with traps, walls, and extensive farms. With the maturity and intelligence of Cemetech's userbase, I anticipate beautiful towns with excellent defenses, fun raids, and complex political intrigue. We use Towny, so if you just want to build, you can get the money to make a town, then create protected builds inside the town. Towns cost the equivalent of 2 gold ingots per real-world day, so if you hate mining, you can even create an overworld Zombie Pigman farm and collect gold from that. We urge you to hop onto mc.cemetech.net, bring all your friends, and start building. If you have suggestions about ways we could make the server even more fun, please post them here.

I want to especially thank (in alphabetical order) Abrum, AHelper, CharlesSprinkle, Chronomex, ComicIDIOT, CVSoft, Leafiness, LuxenD, Merthsoft, Pizzaboy, Rivereye, Shkaboinka, and Turiqwalrus for their help creating this new map and server. See you in Minecraft!

More Information:
Server Address: mc.cemetech.net
Cemetech Minecraft Server Dynmap

Thank you very much Kerm for orchestrating both the old, and this new 1.7 server. It was fun to get to be a part of building spawn (and the occasional horseplay here and there with others in creative mode Razz), and really cool to see that all of our hard work has paid off as we have gotten everything done in a relatively short time span. Definitely appreciate how many numerous hours you have been spending on the rails (with ahelper), plugins, and the server setup altogether.

While there are a couple things I am not too in favor of such as the closure of the nether, I know you have good intentions based off of your past experiences, and will make the best with the setup. (:

I look forward to the fun building, adventuring, and PvP battles on this map (:

As far as what I would love to see aside of stuff related to the server setup and map, but rather more community-wise toward everyone playing, I would like to see not only a more active map, but also more events we can try to arrange to do together to engage even more. Being inspired a bit by the Mindcrack server I watch a bit on youtube, I always love how while they go about doing their own things, they have the greatest times doing things together such as PvP in the form of ultra-hardcore battles (no natural regen) to the last man/team standing, to the more silly/regular things like killing withers/the dragon together, or horseplay around, all while doing skype calls rather than over text.

Speaking of which, it would be cool to have skype (or any other form of internet calls) going while playing! If anyone would be up for that even on just day to day gameplay, that would be pretty awesome and push me even more to keep coming on more often and for longer periods of time (:

Anyway, all in all, thank you again Kerm, as well as everyone else who helped in any way in making this happen! And by new years as well!! (:
Excellent way to close out 2013 in Cemetech Minecraft, ending the old map, and kicking off 2014 with the opening of this awesome new map!
Thanks, Charles, and thank you for your extensive help during the building process and for helping to push us to get this built as fast as possible. I agree that I would like this server to be as popular as possible, to make the towns and PvP more fun, so please tell all your friends and make sure that they tell their friends (ad infinitum). If you guys think it would help, I'll update our Minestatus and Planet Minecraft pages as well. Thanks for being willing to try the play style I'm promoting here based on my own experiences playing (and as a player that doesn't do well in pitched 1-on-1 PvP battles, no less). For voice, we might be able to use Tari's Mumble server if he feels like sharing.
KermMartian wrote:

I want to especially thank (in alphabetical order) Abrum, AHelper, CharlesSprinkle, Chronomex, ComicIDIOT, CVSoft, Leafiness, LuxenD, Merthsoft, Pizzaboy, Rivereye, Shkaboinka, and Turiqwalrus for their help creating this new map and server. See you in Minecraft!

Indeed, thanks to all of the people who joined in in making the lovely spawn. I could easily argue that I had little to no part in the actual construction, though, the extent of my work being to prettify the supports on a redstone conduit Razz
Well, your moral support is what matters. Wink You can earn your keep by telling all your friends about the server and inviting them to join us. Smile

Edit: Happy New Year, and thank you guys for already making the server a huge success. One team of five players has collectively earned 10,000 Denarii, enough to found a town, another player has over 5,000 Denarii, and a third player is working his way towards that goal. We have had a steady 6-10 people on all night, New Year's notwithstanding, and we can't wait for the activity to continue. Tell your friends!
Slight price change suggestions:

Glowstone buy price should be bumped up. Just seems too low. Yes, witches rarely spawn. Yes, those rare witches drop glowstone, but 5 seems too low.

Also, when you get a chance, we can go over the cmd block stuff.

<edit>

There is a glass block in the floor missing at -261,207,-168.
There is a glass block missing in the ceiling at -259 215(?) -161
Path at -300 62 -179 is incomplete and not accessible.
Signs found at -349 93 -273, path not done
AHelper wrote:
Slight price change suggestions:

Glowstone buy price should be bumped up. Just seems too low. Yes, witches rarely spawn. Yes, those rare witches drop glowstone, but 5 seems too low.

Also, when you get a chance, we can go over the cmd block stuff.

<edit>

There is a glass block in the floor missing at -261,207,-168.
There is a glass block missing in the ceiling at -259 215(?) -161
Path at -300 62 -179 is incomplete and not accessible.
Signs found at -349 93 -273, path not done
All sorted, as well as Shaun the Conductor's pen, the missing station beam pieces, and the asymmetry in the main spawn building.
Sign at -241 197 -182 says "Explore the\n\nMseum World"
AHelper wrote:
Sign at -241 197 -182 says "Explore the\n\nMseum World"
Fixed, thanks for noticing the typo.
http://mc.cemetech.net/ is out of date, what about a redesign? The rules signs wouldn't hurt. Maybe put in an embedded live map? Maybe a news section to show new towns and town changes (auto-generated from the server, not manually)? Top balances? Some other web interface, like checking on towns and such?
Good idea. I'll check around and see if there are any web things that intergrate with towny and all that.
Well, for some command stuff, you can always use a cron job to rcon into the server and grab stats.

Feature request: Store system for towns? Having only gold to get money doesn't seem like a good way to sustain a server forever. Pizzaboy is on board for them. Either have stores in towns or in spawn, since there isn't enough players to do auctioning.

Signs at north station don't have labels on where they go.

Glass in the ceiling is missing at -325 145 -246 in the rails.

Sign at -275 152 -128 inside the rails.

Hole in ceiling at -342 145 -256.

Another hole at -371 145 -246.

Bunch of holes at -367 123 -141 and towards spawn a few blocks.
Mostly everything is running in top shape (: there are a couple of things however that are semi to really annoying related to anticheat.

Running is an issue when you can run faster than normal sprinting. In 2 high tunnels, its very easy to go very fast if you spam the spacebar faster, leading to speeds perhaps twice that of sprinting. The anticheat is very sensitive and will teleport me back as bad as 20 blocks for doing so. Not the end of the world though.

The major of the problems is the extreme block lag like I have never seen before. about 33-50% of blocks i destroy have to be redestroyed because of some plugin i believe strongly. it hurts even more when i mine obsidian. having to mine the same obsidian block 3 times in a row is starting to drive me up a wall :/. i believe this client side block lag is also causing all of us to see the "fake ores" very often.

Abrum has also noticed the same exact things. i hope that this can be fixed

EDIT: The block lag got so terrible for me just now that I found a new minecraft message I have never encountered before:
charlessprinkle wrote:
EDIT: The block lag got so terrible for me just now that I found a new minecraft message I have never encountered before:

Code:
[21:19:02 INFO]: [NoCheatPlus] CharlesSprinkle failed WrongBlock: broke another block than clicked. VL 30.
[21:19:02 INFO]: CharlesSprinkle lost connection: Block breaking out of sync!
[21:19:02 INFO]: CharlesSprinkle left the game.
[21:19:02 INFO]: [NoCheatPlus] (CONSOLE) Kicked CharlesSprinkle : Block breaking out of sync!
That message was because you got kicked, because NCP interpreted the block lag as you trying to fake which block you were breaking. I'll try to get to the bottom of this.
Ah, that would be amazing. Thanks Kerm!
AHelper wrote:
Glass in the ceiling is missing at -325 145 -246 in the rails.

Sign at -275 152 -128 inside the rails.

Hole in ceiling at -342 145 -256.

Another hole at -371 145 -246.

Bunch of holes at -367 123 -141 and towards spawn a few blocks

Fixed! Haven't fixed the signs at Spawn though. Not sure what goes where yet.
For me, I experience a lot of teleporting. For example, I would be jumping at the spawn rail station, and then I am underwater below it. I have had this sudden teleport downwards a lot. Going up water and just getting teleported to the ground out of the water kept happening for me at one point.
Broken glass on the rails at -365 164 -106

Update by comic: Fix'd.
I can't get towny permissions to work.
I set all permissions off with /town set perm and Fibiger can still break/build/switch/itemuse.
Even if I claim my own plot and set permissions off on it, Fibiger can still break blocks.
Pizzaboy wrote:
I can't get towny permissions to work.
I set all permissions off with /town set perm and Fibiger can still break/build/switch/itemuse.
Even if I claim my own plot and set permissions off on it, Fibiger can still break blocks.
Solved! There was a permission node that had gone amiss. I set myself temporarily as Arcadia's mayor and then gave it back to you, but I left the Build flags at ---. Feel free to change it back to r-- if you get a chance; your own plot should still be protected.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours