Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Festivus, or the birth of the Voyage 400, it's a season for family and gifts. In half the world, it's even a time for snowy winter wonderlands, when we aren't having May weather. We wish you and the family the very best of the season. We hope the coming year brings you peace, prosperity, and impressive programming and electronics projects. To give you two gifts of our own, we offer half-price books about graphing calculators and a public beta of SourceCoder 3, the ultimate graphing calculator editor, emulator, and IDE.

On the book front, my publisher is having a 50% off everything sale from today until Christmas, meaning that "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" and "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" are 50% off if you follow the links to the Manning website. You can purchase the print book or the eBook, and if you get the print book, you also get free access to the eBook in PDF, Kindle, or ePub format. Whether you're looking to get started with programming (and especially calculator programming), or you want to learn to use your TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, or TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, I think you'll enjoy these books into which I've put my heart, soul, and fourteen years of graphing calculator experience. Just use code wm122313cc at checkout.

If you're already a seasoned calculator user and programmer, you may be excited to hear that SourceCoder 3 is now available to the general public. I have declared it in the beta phase of development after nearly eight months as a "private" alpha, as it is now sufficiently feature-complete that you can use it smoothly in place of its older cousin, SourceCoder 2.5. With SourceCoder 3, you can open and edit programs, lists, matrices, pictures, images, strings, and much more. You can test your files in the on-page jsTIfied TI calculator emulator, and you can re-export files or whole projects. SourceCoder 3 represents a huge step upwards from the features available in SourceCoder 2.5, and many are still to come: better syntax highlighting, command hinting, working with AppVars, and even an in-source sprite editor courtesy of Cemetech member AHelper. You can read my current to-do list in the attached thread, and please post all bugs and feature requests.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holiday-of-Your-Choice, and Happy New Year to everyone from Cemetech!

Here's the current feature and bug list, as promised in the news article/first post:

Known Bugs:
[X] Exported file extensions now match the file type
[ ] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries
[ ] Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. Save plaintext of tokenized formats (strings, equations, programs, appvars)
[ ] Fix -s-a-v-i-n-g-/- exporting single files vs projects (need different buttons)
[ ] Loading .8ci and .8ca files does not work correctly.

Feature requests:
[X] A more Axe-friendly hexadecimal image output. The data spit out already is correct, but ideally (for small images, at least) it should be formatted just as one long string rather than split across multiple lines, and possibly enclosed in square brackets. The square brackets enclose hexadecimal data in Axe, but it's probably easy enough for a user to add the opening and closing brackets.
[X] Make projects renamable: click to rename
[X] Add/create AppVar
[X] Upload multiple files, add multiple files at one time to a project, replace a project with another multi-file project in one go.
[X] Export full projects to jsTIfied as -g-r-o-u-p- -o-r- multiple files
[X] Drag-n-drop all filetypes
[ ] Import program from jsTIfied
[ ] Axe/BASIC-specific syntax highlighting
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Token completion
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
[ ] User-resizeable code box
[ ] Add server-side tokenization code for numerical types (numbers, lists, matrices)
Wow, the new version of SC3 takes everything even further! Shock
DJ_O wrote:
Wow, the new version of SC3 takes everything even further! Shock
Thanks, and I'm hoping to get a lot more done before I set the project aside and go to the next project on my ever-expanding circular queue. New features added tonight:

(1) Project names are now editable
(2) Multiple files can now be uploaded at one time, which means a multi-file project can be created in one fell swoop, a multi-project file can replace another multi-project file, even a multi-project file containing the files from multiple groups can replace another complex project in a single go!
(3) Extensions are now correct on exported single files and groups of files.
(4) Appvars can now successfully be imported, edited, and exported
(5) The name hint on the "string" editor now changes between Program:, String:, and AppVar: based on the type of variable being edited

Much more coming soon! I think dragging-and-dropping will be next, as that's what I got side-tracked from in order to implement multi-file uploading.

Edit: (6) Sending all the files in a project to jsTIfied at once works. Might need a bit of an hourglass or spinner for send-to-jsTIfied things so the user knows the process is occurring.
Yay! SC3 is now an open beta. I might not use it as much since I prefer TokenIDE for my off-calc editing, I will still try to find bugs. On the subject of books, I already have both books but I think I'll recommend them to my friends.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I know I've not been active as of late, but I'm still sure to keep up on all the news. Congrats on the new source coder!

And now with such a good deal, looks like I have no choice but to buy Using the TI-84+, especially with APs around the corner.
I'll get the programming book!
ordelore wrote:
Yay! SC3 is now an open beta. I might not use it as much since I prefer TokenIDE for my off-calc editing, I will still try to find bugs. On the subject of books, I already have both books but I think I'll recommend them to my friends.
I appreciate both bugs reports and you recommending the books to your friends. Smile

qazz42 wrote:
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I know I've not been active as of late, but I'm still sure to keep up on all the news. Congrats on the new source coder!

And now with such a good deal, looks like I have no choice but to buy Using the TI-84+, especially with APs around the corner.
Thanks for the congratulations on the new SourceCoder. I hope it makes life a lot easier for many students, teachers, and programmers. If I can get it spiffy enough, I might even have to poke TI about it at some point. Wink Also, thanks for grabbing the book!

CalebHansberry wrote:
I'll get the programming book!
Huzzah! I hope that you learn a lot from it.
Nice one! I have enjoyed watching SC3 evolve very much, its a definite step up from 2.5 with some truly amazing features. As for the books, I wish I had someone to recommend them to, unfortunately, graphing calculators are not a popular commodity around here, so I am unable to.

I wish everyone at cemetech a happy Christmas and an even busier and even more productive new year.
Posted: 25 Dec 2013 10:38:47 am Post subject: Merry Christmas from Luna <3
*Disclaimer*

This topic is of my real world counterpart. And should not be taken as if I was a actual pony. My real name is Nathan.

This may also be moved or deleted by staff. Because I haz no idea where to put this at. So if any of the staff will kindly move this to the right place for me.

Also if you a grammar Nazi *yes referring to that term.*

You may not post anything of what I did wrong. In the following document. Because this is only supposed to be how my Christmas was. Anyway enjoy reading the following document for which I written just for you.

Today I celebrate Christmas. To let you know my Chris as was good and awesome. I got new headphones of course with Vinyl Scratch on it. Who is a pony mind you. I also got a ouya and some old Atari games. Along with the flashback 4 which seems to hate the sega genisis controller. I got a mlp blanket and a fancy camping knife for boy scouts. Yay !!!.

Also some very small minor things like a blanket with mlp on it. And a creeper head and also a Steve bobble head in minecraft. This really makes me want to play the PC version again even if I got so fed up with installing mods because I had it installed in documents instead of appdata. So mod installers were not a option.

Anyway I am getting side treked.

I also ate chocolate bars for breakfast 2 huge Hersey ones to be exact. I also got a Atari 5200 controller which are nortolis for breaking. I have no clue how to test if it works because I do not have a physical Atari 5200.

Anyway please post in replys in the beyond the following document what you got for Christmas whether it be a calculator or something simple please do the following of what I just states in the last sentence. Thank you.
~Princess Luna~ wrote:
Posted: 25 Dec 2013 10:38:47 am Post subject: Merry Christmas from Luna <3
*Disclaimer*

This topic is of my real world counterpart. And should not be taken as if I was a actual pony. My real name is Nathan.

This may also be moved or deleted by staff. Because I haz no idea where to put this at. So if any of the staff will kindly move this to the right place for me.

You may not post anything of what I did wrong. In the following document. Because this is only supposed to be how my Christmas was. Anyway enjoy reading the following document for which I written just for you.

why would anyone ever think of posting something like this
~Princess Luna~ wrote:

Don't worry, we'll be grammar sticklers whether you tell us to or not. Cemetech thrives on well-written, clear, intelligent posts, and we don't hesitate to gently correct people who aren't quite getting it. Wink

Quote:
Also some very small minor things like a blanket with mlp on it. And a creeper head and also a Steve bobble head in minecraft. This really makes me want to play the PC version again even if I got so fed up with installing mods because I had it installed in documents instead of appdata. So mod installers were not a option.
Hopefully you'll stop by our Minecraft server for some good-natured PvP at some point, then.

Quote:
Anyway please post in replys in the beyond the following document what you got for Christmas whether it be a calculator or something simple please do the following of what I just states in the last sentence. Thank you.
We have a separate thread for that:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2913
*bump* In a few hours this morning, I implemented loading files from jsTIfied to SourceCoder, and also fixed subtle errors with downloading variables from jsTIfied. I tested sending programs and lists from jsTIfied to SourceCoder, and everything works nicely.

Known Bugs:
[ ] Invalidate tokenized name on change
[ ] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries
[ ] Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. Save plaintext of tokenized formats (strings, equations, programs, appvars)
[ ] Fix -s-a-v-i-n-g-/- exporting single files vs projects (need different buttons)
[ ] Loading .8ci and .8ca files does not work correctly.

Feature requests:
[X] Import programs and other files from jsTIfied
[ ] Add server-side tokenization code for numerical types (numbers, lists, matrices)
[ ] Delete files from project
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Token completion
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
Cemetech topic title wrote:
Merry Christmas from Cemetech

Bah humbug.

Very Happy
Feature request for SC3: Allow exporting lists and matrices to ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) format.

Happy whatever-makes-you-happy-right-now!
Duly noted; I'll also consider importing CSV data. Tonight I implemented exporting numbers and lists. The only missing thing is that it can't import custom-named lists properly. Tomorrow: that and matrices.

Edit: Updated todo list:

Known Bugs:
[X] Import custom-named lists properly - token update or special case? -> Went special case
[X] Invalidate tokenized name on change
[X] Loading .8ci and .8ca files does not work correctly.

Feature requests:
[X] Add server-side tokenization code for numerical types ([X] numbers, [X] lists, [X] matrices)
[X] Delete files from project
[X] Confirm deletions
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Token completion
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
[ ] Importing CSV files as lists or matrices
[ ] Exporting lists and matrices as CSV files
[ ] Delete projects from saved project list

Edit: Thanks to Past Kerm for documenting the format of TI-84+CSE Picture and Image variables here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208321#208321 . I should probably consider updating the File Format document at some point; maybe I'll contain Romain. Anyway, I implemented importing color Picture and Image formats, and also cleaned up a bunch of other code and bugs. Next up, deleting files in projects, then the CSV handling.

Edit #2: Deleting files in projects now works, and when the last file is deleted, the project itself is deleted. I must bump my question from the old thread: how should I indicate that the project pane can be hovered over to show the files in the project?

Edit #3: File deletions now have a confirmation dialog.
Feature request: Turn an all lowercase 'getkey's in a file to the token getKey when compiling.
ordelore wrote:
Feature request: Turn an all lowercase 'getkey's in a file to the token getKey when compiling.
There would be a lot of these if I had to trace them all out (getKey vs. getkey, Delvar vs. DelVar, and so on), and I don't think I want to make SourceCoder change programs like that. If I add the syntax highlighting that shows token boundaries, then programmers will be able to see that "getkey" is six separate tokens while typing. Plus there's the token pane, so if they're not sure, they can search g-e-t-.... Smile

Edit: Implemented importing CSV files, adding a new internal parser class DataParser to go along with the normal calculator file parser and the image-related ImageParser. CSV files are imported as lists or matrices, depending on the dimensions of the data. Tested exporting imported data.

Known Bugs:
[X] Import custom-named lists properly - token update or special case? -> Went special case
[X] Invalidate tokenized name on change
[X] Loading .8ci and .8ca files does not work correctly.
[ ] Can't properly re-export .8xi/.8ci/.8ca as part of project

Feature requests:
[X] Add server-side tokenization code for numerical types ([X] numbers, [X] lists, [X] matrices)
[X] Delete files from project
[X] Confirm deletions
[X] Importing CSV files as lists or matrices
[X] Busy indicator during network activity, including warning on slow activity
[X] Recognize Axe/Grammar source
[ ] Axe/Grammar/BASIC-specific syntax highlighting
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Token completion
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation

Edit #2: Implemented a spinner and network activity notification that appears after AJAX connections take more than 500ms to complete, which changes to a red slow connection spinner and warning when AJAX connections take more than 1500ms to complete. AHelper, what's the status of a really simple and straightforward inline sprite editor?

Edit #3: I had apparently already implemented detecting Axe/Grammer source files, but I never documented it. Oops.
Still have the source, still haven't worked on it since I got it drawing. Right now, give it a div by ID and it creates itself inside. It can draw in various colors based on image type, ... will have to check back on where I left off on features. jQuery and jQuery UI are required, so hopefully there isn't an issue in that.

I can pick up work on this as I do have time available for it.
Thanks, AHelper. Smile jQuery is not a problem; what is jQuery UI for?

Finally making progress again after getting the MC server launched:
Known Bugs:
___[ ] Export String/Appvar/Program/List/Matrix directly above editor, along with Export CSV (and Export BBCode/HTML?) where appropriate
___[ ] Export Project/Save Project at the top
[ ] Ask about saving projects when opening a saved project
[ ] Can't properly re-export .8xi/.8ci/.8ca as part of project
[ ] Make sure jsTIfied is paused on load + hidden
[ ] Neaten up alignment in the bar above the program editor
[ ] Resize things when calculator skin changes -> jsTIfied
[ ] Check that hovering over the project pane works, and make the hovering clearer.

Feature requests:
[X] Axe/Grammar/BASIC-specific syntax highlighting
___[X] Copy Command styling from 84+CSE to Tokens
___[X] Copy Keyword styling from Tokens to 84+CSE
___[X] Figure out good colors for each class of token
___[X] Make certain directories unindexable
[X] [X] Fix and style command (token) completion
[X] Start minifying for better loading speeds
[ ] Implement preprocessor -> comments
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
[ ] Toggleable indentation, syntax highlighting, command hinting?
[ ] DOM Storage-saved preferences for above?
[ ] Autosave
___[ ] Need to send single file(s) on save
___[ ] Autosave on tab-switching
___[ ] Autosave on import/export to/from jsTIfied
___[ ] Autosave at ~1 minute intervals
___[ ] Autosave should be incremental?
[X] Warn on overwriting projects

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours