What?

I want to build a typewriting monkey automaton. The premise is that it would be a moderate-to-small sized monkey robot which sits at its own desk with a typewriter/keyboard. You then plug in a USB keyboard to it, and the monkey types what you type.

If that doesn't make sense, watch this video. Actually, just watch the video anyway - it's amazing in its own right.

The monkey automaton would be very similar. Instead of a boy, it would be a monkey. Instead of pen and paper, it would be a (preferably mini-sized) typewriter and keyboard. And instead of pre-programmed cams, it would have a USB plug and whatever servos/mechanical parts required for the monkey to type.

Why?

1. It would be awesome.
2. Mass-production could result in cash money (weird novelty toy market)
3. Just because.

Who?

Contact me if you match the following:
1. You think this is a cool idea.
2. You have a lot of spare time.
3. You're willing and capable of doing this project almost completely independently.
a. Hardware knowledge is obviously a must.
b. Having money is not - my intention is to fund this project out of my own pocket provided I am convinced you are able to actually complete the project, that the cost for the initial prototype is not outrageously expensive, and that reasonable terms can be agreed upon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours