Like these ideas?
Yes
 70%  [ 7 ]
No
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

I have a few suggestions for Doors CSE. I think that you should add a passcode like in MirageOS so that it is possible to use this app for security purposes as well. Second, I would suggest leaving the settings AppVar archived so that folder structure doesn't get compromised when the Graphing Calculator crashes. Third, if it's possible, I would love to see the ability to perform file transfers from within the app. Fourth, perhaps, again if possible, a complete OS that replaces the TI-OS. Not sure if that's possible, but it sure would be cool. BTW love this app, and I've only had it for a day... Very Happy
Welcome to Cemetech, and thanks for the suggestions! Let me answer:

1. Passcode: Good suggestion, but with the HomeRun feature in Doors CSE, it becomes a bit useless to have a passcode on Doors CSE itself. Or do you mean passcoding the Memory menu? Also, the MOS passcode is very easy to bypass.
2. Doors CSE already backs up what folders exist and what programs are in what folders using the archives FLDSV8 AppVar. Doors CSE will automatically restore your folders after a crash.
3. File transfers: Unfortunately too complex for the amount of space I have, but good idea thinking outside the box. Smile
4. Complete OS: I have long been asked to consider this, and I have frequently opined that it's just not worth my time. Very few people would install a Doors OS that replaces the TI-OS and doesn't include all the math features of the original OS, so I think it's best to keep Doors CS and Doors CSE as Apps.

Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, and we encourage you to Introduce Yourself when you get a chance.
passcode: locking the memory menu actually sounds like a good idea, if you lend the calc to a freind. you may also want to make it so that doors also cant bypass this with its own menu (the right click menu).
LuxenD wrote:
passcode: locking the memory menu actually sounds like a good idea, if you lend the calc to a freind. you may also want to make it so that doors also cant bypass this with its own menu (the right click menu).
That's the one argument that makes sense for why passcoding the Memory menu should be a Doors CSE feature rather than a feature in another tool, I agree. However, I'm still not convinced to put it in Doors CSE, considering how little space I have. Who else would find this feature useful?
My only 'thought' on this is; did you and others boast on not caring about the size of things because we have -so- much archive space back when the things first became available? Ultimately, I know it's up to you, but I'm hoping at some point that you want to add more to DCSE that expands past what you have left as a limit anyways.
Yes, we did indeed, but since then I have noticed that people are still just as miserly about their Archive space as ever. There are also peripheral concerns: for example, a three-page App takes longer to transfer between two friends' calculators than a two-page App. Nevertheless, thank you for helping me keep some perspective on this. Smile If tr1p1ea doesn't have tons of new features planned for xLIBC, I could fit a pass code display, storage, and input routine on the second page, along with a menuHook to protect the memory menu.
if we ever get the ability to highlite multiple programs, even if it is only of those on the screen: group copy and paste would be nice. because copying and pasting 10 new songs to a folder takes FOREVER.
KermMartian wrote:
2. Doors CSE already backs up what folders exist and what programs are in what folders using the archives FLDSV8 AppVar. Doors CSE will automatically restore your folders after a crash.
How often does Doors save the options on the programs? Most of the time my calculator crashes, I have to go back into Doors and re-hide some files.
I'm going to throw together a real quick game. Basically you are a spider and an evil grasshopper king is trying to ruin the place you live in, which is named "Spirule" . You have to collect all 7 flies from various dungeons in order to get the master fangs which... okay enough spoilers. Haha.
alezy wrote:
I'm going to throw together a real quick game. Basically you are a spider and an evil grasshopper king is trying to ruin the place you live in, which is named "Spirule" . You have to collect all 7 flies from various dungeons in order to get the master fangs which... okay enough spoilers. Haha.
This doesn't seem like a Doors CSE suggestion; I think you've posted in the wrong subforum. Perhaps you meant to make a Your Projects topic about this?

FrozenFire49 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
How often does Doors save the options on the programs? Most of the time my calculator crashes, I have to go back into Doors and re-hide some files.
Hmm, it unarchives programs before hiding or unhiding them, which means they should still be hidden (or visible) after a RAM clear. I'm not sure why that would happen.
Not everybody has the technical prowess to handle DCS and DCSE. However, there are features in both that are amazingly useful for programmers of BASIC and assembly alike. Some (mainly the GUI stack routines) cannot be found in any other OS enhancement app. To those who never use DCS, and instead only run programs containing routines from its libraries, the fancy graphics of DCS/DCSE are a (admittedly minor) drain on resources. The file system is completely useless to them, and the rare crash and RAM reset deletes all the programs on their device without fail. I thus propose a new, third avenue: Doors Hidden System (& Elite). DHS/DHSE would include none of the fancy graphics. Essential settings like hooks and acceleration can be accessed through the app itself, but only after a warning page. Additionally, DHS should not override DCS. Those with both may simply deactivate DHS, so that they may transfer it to the uninitiated when necessary.
Another thing: TI's inequality graphing system Inequalz competes with DCS at present. We can expect that TI isn't going to change their system anytime soon, so maybe DHS should fix that to allow the uninitiated to use it.
I think that the password should be added, because I hide all my programs. Someone clever enough can find DCS and easily access my programs. The memory password would be nice, since you could still access the memory without going and unblocking it. Another big thing, an option that can can hide, lock, and archive all programs and vice versa.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours