Another update: This fixes many of the issues with the previous versions including one critical bug. In addition it should also support the fx-CG50.

The critical bug relates to the Save VRAM area which is used to store both the level and bonus level class. It turns out that if you collect a red gem in a level it will take you to a bonus level after completing the level. This should have been fine because it is after the level but the function call was made in the level class. This means undefined behavior which could in theory crash your calculator. I fixed this by first deleting the level class then running the bonus level.

Also the fonts now look correct and the keys don't repeat when the shouldn't. Also the bonus levels no longer need a temporary buffer to load which fixes the malloc errors.

In addition I embedded openjazz.000 in the .g3a so you no longer need to copy that file.

https://github.com/ComputerNerd/Open-Jazz-Jackrabbit-Casio-Prizm-port/blob/master/openjazz.7z

Please re-download and re-test. I see that some people are hosting this game on their website. If you are doing that please either link to the GitHub page or host the latest version. It might not be a good idea to run earlier versions because of the bonus level related bugs.
I've release a new update that I would consider urgent because it fixes invalid memory access and a file handle leak. The link is the same. You can download it from here: https://github.com/ComputerNerd/Open-Jazz-Jackrabbit-Casio-Prizm-port/blob/master/openjazz.7z

If you accidentally leave a file open on the Prizm it's really bad because you have to reset your calculator or put it in USB Mass Storage Mode to resolve the issue.

From the Casio Prizm wiki (https://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Bfile_OpenFile_OS) it says:
Quote:

but strange behavior (most likely a OS bug) occurs if files other than the one in the first handle slot are located in directories (other than the root).

The strange behavior part is concerning. Although nothing bad has happened to my calculator I don't want anything bad to happen to yours. That's why I strongly urge you to update to the latest version.

I know that the G3A file is hosted elsewhere. If you are hosting this game I ask that you make this update available on your website as well so that people don't accidentally download the old version. I understand if you have a version history that's fine. I just mean that this should be an option.
Thank you very much for updating the game.

I've already updated the files on TI-Planet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours