I recently downloaded a game for my TI-84+SE and I noticed the program came with a source. Well I was trying out a few different changes and after I edited the source I couldn't figure out how to get all the .8xp files into one .8xp file like the original program was and still have it run on my calculator. Any help?
Is the game written in Basic? It could have been compiled into an app with something like basicbuilder.
Welcome to Cemetech! How did you edit the source? We recommend something like SourceCoder or TokenIDE. These can both convert .8xp programs into editable source and then generate .8xp files again when you finish your edits.
I believe the game was written in Axe.
I used SourceCoder
Please refrain from double posting, especially with such short replies. We are notified of edits via SAX, so you don't need to worry about edits going unseen.

I've personally never used Axe, but you can compile the source on-calc. That might be able to create a single .8xp from many files for you.
I've tried compiling it on calc but it still gives me a separate file for each file I compile.
You will need the Axe application on your calculator to compile the programs again. I know of no computer-side Axe compiler.
Ahh! Ok. Thank you KermMartian and Kaslai
boogerflicker wrote:
Ahh! Ok. Thank you KermMartian and Kaslai
You're welcome! Did that do the trick for you? Is everything working well now? If so (or if not), we'd also be more than happy to help you with the Axe language, as well as BASIC and ASM.
hey Kerm it sounds like you know quite a bit about code ... can you help me or refer me to someone/something to learn the basic language?
JmAN52199 wrote:
hey Kerm it sounds like you know quite a bit about code ... can you help me or refer me to someone/something to learn the basic language?

He has a book on learning how to program TI-BASIC for the 84+, which can be found here: Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus

There are numerous tutorials at http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/

And in general, you could create yourself a thread in the TI-BASIC section of the forum and ask questions, and we shall guide you in your learning experience Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours