I have a general Ti-84 plus silver edition with the latest firmware. I barely got pokemon topaz on it (Btw awesome game!!!) When playing for about 10 minutes it just freezes and turns back on and says RAM cleared. I check to see if pokemon is still there but its not. I have re-downloaded it multiple times but same things happens over and over! Is there any way to fix this? - Cheers! (Also, what are the funnest games as of right now? I downloaded some but all of them are really boring!Thanks again!) Very Happy
Have you tried emailing the author?
i suggest downloading either CrunchyOS or DoorsCS7; given that you are using the larger calculator, sacrificing archive space for Doors is no problem. you can find doors in the archives Here.

Doors allows you to run the program from archive, which prevents it from being wiped when you hit a ram clear.

as to what is causing Topaze to crash, im not sure. you will have to contact its creator, Hayleia.

other games for the calculator that I play are Oblitr8, IkarugaX, and zDoom, to name a few.
Did you try to quit during combat ? I don't know if this was fixed (I really should make a changelog, at least for myself) but I remember I had problems with that.
Otherwise, what exactly were you doing when it crashed ?
And by the way, did you run it through a Ion compatible shell (as the readme mentions) or with Asm() ?
I agree with LuxenD, I had the same problem with MirageOS, but then i used DoorsCS7, and worked perfectly fine, just don't press the "DEL" button.
Just downloaded Pokemon Topaze, but my issue here is with the TI Application Variables attached to the file I got. I exported everything onto my desktop, and I installed the main game just fine. When I run it, however, it looks corrupted, and the only way to turn it off is to remove the batteries. When I turn the calculator back on, it says that the RAM is cleared. The readme said to archive the Application Variables, but I can't figure out how to get them onto the calculator. There's no "send to TI device" button I'm used to. Just got my calc a few weeks ago. Thank you in advance. Any and all help is appreciated. Very Happy
ff12 aurey wrote:
I agree with LuxenD, I had the same problem with MirageOS, but then i used DoorsCS7, and worked perfectly fine, just don't press the "DEL" button.
The DEL button is mentionned in the readme. It's supposed to make your calculator look like it's turned off, in case you were playing in class and the teacher came nearby. And the way to get out of this state is also mentionned in the readme.

OfficialRocket wrote:
Just downloaded Pokemon Topaze, but my issue here is with the TI Application Variables attached to the file I got. I exported everything onto my desktop, and I installed the main game just fine. When I run it, however, it looks corrupted, and the only way to turn it off is to remove the batteries. When I turn the calculator back on, it says that the RAM is cleared. The readme said to archive the Application Variables, but I can't figure out how to get them onto the calculator. There's no "send to TI device" button I'm used to. Just got my calc a few weeks ago. Thank you in advance. Any and all help is appreciated. Very Happy
Yeah, if you launch the game without the appvars, it will just read garbage in your memory and display things accordingly, that's why you say it looks corrupted. However, you should theoretically be able to quit by pressing 2nd (which will try to load an unexisting save, but same, it will just load random things and do nothing) then ON (which will quit).

But yeah, you need the appvars to play the game. I usually just open (TI Connect then) TI Device Explorer and drag and drop things instead of using a "send to device" option. It (almost) always works, with all accepted types of variables.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours