Sorry for the largish necrobump:
I was interested in knowing if you are still working on this, and if so, how close do you think you are to a release? I would be very excited to try this out some time.
Hey thanks for bumping this - it is something that I still need to finish! I am still working on it slowly and would like to have a demo out in the coming months.
That sounds great! Very excited. A feature you could add (not necessary of course) would be multiplayer via Calc to Calc or Calc to Computer (kind of like TI-Trek)
TIny_Hacker wrote:
That sounds great! Very excited. A feature you could add (not necessary of course) would be multiplayer via Calc to Calc or Calc to Computer (kind of like TI-Trek)

and/or with this https://github.com/MathisLav/internetce Smile
Sort of related to this, there has been some recent interest in the CSE tests that were posted at the start of this thread. I have since managed to dig one of them up and I included a map similar to the CE test one.

Here is a link to a test: https://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/Mode7_CSE_Test.zip

Note that this was made in like 2012 so I have no idea if it has any serious bugs or not. Please use it at your own risk. It is a fair bit slower because it's for the CSE, but it's still good enough to toy around with on calc. Note that WabbitEmu hasn't captured the colours properly in the screenshot, mario doesn't half disappear like that etc.

The test link isn't working. Also, do you have an available download for the CE?
When you say isnt working, do you mean you cannot download the file, or the file isn't working on calc?
The test link is working but I only have a Ti 83 p ce Sad .
I will have a CE demo ready in the new year Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
I will have a CE demo ready in the new year Smile.

That's if the apocalypse doesn't happen in the next 15 days.
Well it's nearly the end of January and I don't really have anything 'demo' ready Sad, however I can upload a simple driving test (just endless driving driving with an AI racer, no object collisions or items to use etc) if that is something that would interest people?

EDIT - It would essentially be this build:
tr1p1ea wrote:
Well it's nearly the end of January and I don't really have anything 'demo' ready Sad, however I can upload a simple driving test (just endless driving driving with an AI racer, no object collisions or items to use etc) if that is something that would interest people?
~snip~

This certainly would be a cool demo. I say go ahead and do a demo release if it doesn't cause a RAM clear or other ridiculousness.
A demo would be awesome! I'd love to give the demo build a try, as long as it doesn't RAM clear at the beginning like Oxiti said Wink
OK I just need to do a tiny bit of hardware testing but I quickly HACKED together some dodgy stuff to support 5 waypoint driven AI, shooting green shells, *basic* collisions and stuff. If it doesn't explode my calculator when I get home I'll release this tester as a demo:

How was the speed dramatically increased?

Anyways good job so far it's looks amazing!!
I'm pretty sure it's ran at the same framerate for a while now? Unless you mean the CSE screenshot above, but that's for the CSE not CE.

I added spinning when AI are stunned:

EDIT! - OK so I added rudimentary lap counting and made a couple of other small tweaks:

And AS PROMISED here is a small test demo if anyone wants to check it out: link removed due to port unlock on new hardware Sad.

Note that there isn't much to do so it is pretty boring, but I'd appreciate some feedback if anyone would like to test. I've tested it on 5.1.5 and 5.6.0 (using arTIfiCE) and it seemed to work fine. NOTE that the key detection seems a little different in my current CEmu build on W10, but on calc it seems to work fine.

Here is the readme:

Code:
Mario Kart CE - pre pre-alpha demo - *** NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION ***

This is an extremely early and potentially buggy test version of
Mario Kart CE (or is it Oiram Trak CE?).

Simply copy MKARTCE.8XP to your calculator with your favourite
flavour of linking software and run it with your prefered method
for running native ASM programs (homescreen, Asm(, shell etc).

Keys:
2nd   - Accelerate
Down   - Stop
Left   - Turn left
Right   - Turn right
alpha   - Shoot green shell (unlimited but it's the only item)
enter   - Change character (8 different chars)

NOTE! The key detection seems to be hit and miss in CEmu on my
Windows 10 laptop. Works OK on hardware from what I can tell?

The demo features you vs 5 AI racers. The AI only drive around
the track, they don't pick up or use any items. You have access
to unlimited green shells as a test item - note that they break
when they hit another racer, a wall or object (they dont yet
bounce around).

There is only 1 track and despite there being a lap counter up
the top left, there is no end to the race (it will probably
overflow if you're really keen).

As mentioned this is pre pre-alpha and should be considered
unstable and potentially dangerous. Whilst it doesn't mess with
anything too serious, it does rearrange a lot of memory when
running.

The graphics are blocky in places because this runs in half-res
(simulated) and is a calculator game ... so sacrifices needed
to be made. It should run at a playable frame rate however.

Collisions, item use, lap tracking and lots of other things are
only preliminary at this stage, so there are bound to be lots
of glitches and stuff. I'd appreciate if you find anything like
this that you let me know.

It is TEST ONLY. Feel free to check it out but please do not
distribute this in the wild as it could have serious bugs that
I am not aware of.

Post thoughts, criticism and findings in the thread on Cemetech.

Enjoy!

tr1p1ea

As noted this is TEST ONLY - please back up your data before trying this out as it may be unstable.

Also please don't distribute this in the wild for this reason.
Okay, take 2!

I forgot that I used SHA256 and didn't realise that there were some hardware changes with Rev M+ calcs which means the unlock stuff needed to be updated.

If anyone wants to try again, this should hopefully work on all revs/OS's - if you have any issues please let me know:

https://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/MKARTCE_pre_pre-alpha_demo_feb2021.zip

NOTE THAT THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SO PLEASE BACK UP YOUR STUFF!

(Readme as above).
You are a legend!
I finally got around to trying this today. Considering everything going on, you’ve got some good speed!

Have you got any short or mid-term goals for this that you want to share?
Thanks! Mid-term goals would be implementing the other items and testing them out.

I have some optimising that I want to do to get some more stability however that can wait until content is done.

Then I'll need to finish the track editor and test some more tracks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours