When do you want Contest #11 to be?
Wednesday night (11/27) from the start of HCWP until Thursday night (24 hours)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wednesday night (11/27) from the start of HCWP until Friday night (48 hours)
 43%  [ 10 ]
Friday night (11/29) to Sunday night (12/1) (48 hours)
 30%  [ 7 ]
Other
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Cemetech is planning a very short "lightning" contest, to run some time this coming week. We will announce a topic at the beginning of the contest, and the entries will be due either 24 or 48 hours later. Every z80 coder will be able to enter, all entries will be graded together (with ASM, Axe, and TI-BASIC entries as well as monochrome and color entries weighted according to the difficulty of coding for that language and platform), and three places will be awarded. Prizes will include Guerrilla merchandise mentioned in my hands-on review. So when do you want this contest to be? Please also post about whether you will be able to enter or not. We understand that the short contest means limited time to create a polished program, so we'll be grading more on idea and execution than on a complete lack of bugs and a fully-completed project.
I think having any time during the Thanksgiving-holiday-time time is a bad idea. People are traveling and visiting with family etc. I think a 48 hour contest is a great idea, I just think it should be in early December.
I agree. Im going to be in Florida with a lot of family, so I wont really have time. Post-holiday should be good for most people.
The reason I was thinking of the Thanksgiving holiday is because I assumed it would be a rare time when almost everyone is off of school and work and will have the time to enter (and if you have homework, you can do it during the other half of the four-day weekend).
I think wednesday-friday is best, since people can have their ideas marinate on Thursday (pun intended) and then get their ideas in code on Friday.
RULES: Simple, the rules are you have to run around with a large metal object in your hand during a thunderstorm, if you survive the longest, you win.
Ordelore: If we push it off to early December, as Merth and BlackOnyx suggested, would you still be able to enter, and if so, what one or two days would be best for you?
Probably not, with school and all. But I would do my best to at least try and make an entry and not just incomplete source code.
I am super busy at work these few days. I work at Shopko, so black friday and thanksgiving is very very work laden.
BlackOnyx wrote:
I agree. Im going to be in Florida with a lot of family, so I wont really have time. Post-holiday should be good for most people.

zeldaking wrote:
I am super busy at work these few days. I work at Shopko, so black friday and thanksgiving is very very work laden.

You two should vote in the poll. Right now I'm the only one who voted "other", and my guess is based on these that you two are also "other"s.
I, sadly left my link cable at home and can't hope to enter this week...

That said, next week is WIDE open...
I assume this contest is Z80 calc only? I'll be in Florida but I could give it a shot if it's not Z80 only...
What happened to the Lua contest you were going to do?
pcb_master wrote:
I assume this contest is Z80 calc only? I'll be in Florida but I could give it a shot if it's not Z80 only...
It is planned to be z80-only, although since I have a few Nspire items, I suppose we might accept some Nspire entries.

Spenceboy98 wrote:
What happened to the Lua contest you were going to do?
Don't worry, this is just a mini-contest. That is still going to happen.
I'd like to see it sooner than later. Wednesday or Friday would be good for me. Setting time aside for a day or two to work on something would be easy enough for me, you can count me in.
Im going to be gone from this Wednesday, to the following Sunday (night). So for me, it would have to be after the holidays. I think I accidently voted for option 2, but OTHER would have made more sense if I had thought about it a little more. Razz
the later, the better for me.

family>cemetech.

also, i wouldnt be able to find out the subject on the holiday, as i have no internet at home.
LuxenD wrote:
family>cemetech.

But we ARE your family.
Also, could we rename this contest to 10.5? This would save a lot of worry for those who expected contest 11 to be Lua and also since this is a non-traditional contest as well. Finally, how many of the rules will remain the same and which ones will change? Eg: Needing to make a topic in the Contests subforum.
I can, and will, be entering.
I won't be able to enter, or have 48 hrs to program stuff. I will be gone this weekend and probably won't even be able to get back on until this saturday at the earliest. (unless by some stroke of luck)

I would really love to be a part of the contest, but if it is held this week I probably won't be able to.

Best of luck to those who enter if it is held this week.
It's sounding like we'll get more entries if we wait for the following week or weekend. That's what we're going to do at this point.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours