I like the last one the best, although I personally would still space the three menu items evenly between the Creations and the High Score line. You are of course welcome to do what you think is right.
hmm... This is a hard choice, but I have to vote for the 3rd one.
Like this, Kerm?

Moved down a little:

EDIT:
You said evenly spaced between them. Like this:

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits! I think this is maybe the best looking one?
I personally like the 4th one the best
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I personally like the 4th one the best
I'm with Frozen; the fourth and last one is the most aesthetically-pleasing to me.
Okay, cool; that's the one I like the most, too! Thanks for the help, everyone!
Here it is in action:
This looks fantastic! Very Happy Keep up the awesome progress Smile
Wow looks great! Are you using invert rectangles for the highlight?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Wow looks great! Are you using invert rectangles for the highlight?
I am, yes! It made the most sense.

I've done some stuff this weekend:
- Levels are implemented, including it moving faster with higher levels
- Pressing the left arrow key moves the pieces to the left one
- Preliminary eggshell stuff
Here's a screenshot:

I also decided I'm going to make the number of rows choosable--4, 5, or 6 rows.
When using Dino Puzzle to try to debug jsTIfied's screenshot glitches (thanks again, by the way!), I noticed that I could only move the cursor one space for each column the falling pieces fell, which felt sluggish to me. Is there any way to allow "infinite" movement, a la easy/infinite spin, or would you prefer to avoid it?
That was because the version I gave you didn't have level-dependent speed settings. If you look at the screenshot, I move the cursor and swap a piece all before the pieces fall one unit. It will only be in the higher levels that they fall at a rate that makes it so you only move the cursor once per drop.
Ah, awesome, now I see it. Sorry for bringing up something that was just the result of me having a pre-beta release. Smile Anywho, keep up the good work, and I'll keep waiting for the beta with bated breath.
Selecting number of rows is finished:
And this is all done using xlibC? Great work!
Suggestion:
I don't know how it was in the original game, but in my opinion, it would look cleaner if you had the disabled rows a different color or a line separating them from the enabled rows.
xLIB games in general definitively reminds me of Game Boy Color games minus the speed. Great work so far. Only one little issue: The Level number is one pixel off compared to the Level text.
zeldaking wrote:
And this is all done using xlibC? Great work!

Yup! It's a little slow while playing, admittedly, but I'm hoping to do some optimization.

FrozenFire49 wrote:
Suggestion:
I don't know how it was in the original game, but in my opinion, it would look cleaner if you had the disabled rows a different color or a line separating them from the enabled rows.

Good idea! See the screenshot below.

DJ_O wrote:
Great work so far. Only one little issue: The Level number is one pixel off compared to the Level text.

Thanks! That's fixed:
Progress has been made!
Hooray! I had forgotten that you could do that! Was there a limit in how many items between the two egg shells?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours