Whelp, the original idea was to make a private chat program for Calc Haven members, then it went to a customizeable chat program for anyone, but now, I don't really know, 'cause there's already a million chat programs out there. Any ideas?
Just use SAX. I could install it for you if you want.
What's SAX? I'm ignorant...
<-- That thing over there that says SAX on it? ^_^
JincS wrote:
What's SAX? I'm ignorant...

the thing over there under RSS feeds

<<------
Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone had any ideas on what to use the Sockets class for?
JincS wrote:
Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone had any ideas on what to use the Sockets class for?

well, you could keep building it up with things like HTTP, URL, FTP, etc... 'add-ons' - the more flexible it is the better (however, it needs to be easy for simple stuff, of course)
I could do that. I was actually looking just now at some XML libraries to download so I can start learning how to use XML to customize/skin my apps. Maybe I can integrate them somehow...
A good use of XML is making your apps check for updates to themselves - check out Maxcoderz for a good example.
I might be able to find a use for that with _asmDev IDE... maxcoderz.com right?
maxcoderz.org, actually. Some domain squatter stole the .com domain from them. Sad
Geeze! Latenite has definately taken off since the last time I looked at it. I don't think I can compete with that...
Eh, it's always good to have competition. I vote that you continue working on yours. For example, TI already made something like SourceCoder, but mine is superior because it offers flexibility, features, and ease-of-use that GraphLink does not.
Only serious issue is style: I don't use MSVC, so I can't really duplicate good looking MFC apps. I suppose I could try to beat it out with features, but it's already got just about everything you really need.

**EDIT**
You know, I just read this again (because it's 3 in the morning and I can't get to sleep), and I realized: "Wow, I whine alot."
JincS wrote:
Only serious issue is style: I don't use MSVC, so I can't really duplicate good looking MFC apps. I suppose I could try to beat it out with features, but it's already got just about everything you really need.

Note sure what GUI API you use, but wxWidgets for C++ has some addons that add all the 'fancy' windows stuff like folding menu's, etc..

And wxWidgets is implemented using the native GUI API on each system (so on linux it uses GTK+, on windows it uses MFC, etc...) so that the app will look native while being cross platform.

Just something to think about....
I'll definately look into it. Are there DevPaks for it (for Dev C++)?
JincS wrote:
I'll definately look into it. Are there DevPaks for it (for Dev C++)?

I *BELIEVE* so, although if I remember right, they were a couple versions behind.... (I always just compiled with MingW using MSYS)
Did I hear that you can use wxWidgets and GTK with PHP now??
KermMartian wrote:
Did I hear that you can use wxWidgets and GTK with PHP now??

Doubtful. There is a PERL port of wxWidgets tho, but I don't see why there would be a PHP one as you can't launch a GUI app from a webserver on a clients machine....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours