I made a little multiple calculator random walk program:
This program performs a random walk around the homescreen of your calculator, and collects the number of steps taken each run. Once no move can be made without crossing a previously visited spot, the program terminates, and reports the number of steps taken, the min and max steps, the mean and median, and the standard deviation. Supports multiple calculators in one file!
Download
Screenshots:
With doors:

Without doors:

B&W calc:

Enjoy!
Very impressive work, Merth, especially making it cross-platform and cross-shell in a single program. I also like that icon, and I'm happy to see that your love of the color pink remains undiminished. I'm curious what inspired you to create this project.
Well, I had some time yesterday with just me and my calculator, and I just kind of wanted to mess around with det(12 (which changes the colors of the home screen). First I made it draw random lines across the screen, and then that turned into random rectangles. Then I added letters to that and that was kind of cool. Then I made it so you could make the character walk around--standard stuff, really. Then I was trying to think of what to do next, and I decided to make it walk random and not run over any already-stepped-on-spots. Then I made it keep track of the stats. That was all last night. Today I decided to make it work on multiple platforms.

So really, it just came about as a result of playing around.
Wha, this is some pretty nice work, it's looking good, great job! Smile
That's pretty cool. How do you determine which calculator you are running on?

Code:
DelVar VIf Xmin+|E2DeltaX<=Xmax:Then:
det([[20->V

Sets V=0 if on black and white, 20 if DCSE is not installed, and 80 if it is.
wait, DCSE actually rewrites det commands on proper matrices? O_o
Only on a 1x1 matrix where the value is 20.
Program itself is not really comment-worthy but I'm impressed that you were able to make the same thing work on all configurations. Well done!
elfprince13 wrote:
wait, DCSE actually rewrites det commands on proper matrices? O_o
As Merth said, only on one case of a 1x1 matrices, which most people aren't going to be computing determinants on anyway. Don't get too worried there, Mr. Physics/Math. Wink
Tari wrote:
Program itself is not really comment-worthy but I'm impressed that you were able to make the same thing work on all configurations. Well done!
Thanks Tari! That was my thinking, too--by itself the program was mostly just me playing around with setting the homescreen colors, but I figured I'd make it neater by adding support for other tech.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours