1) How did you first learn about Cemetech and what aspect influenced you to stay? I first used [url]education.ti.com[/url] to download programs, then I saw a link to [url]ticalc.org[/url] on their site, and I beleive that I saw a link to cemetech on ticalc.org. I stay because the forums are active, and the people are great.

2) Do you feel as if we have similarities outside of calculator programming naturally. If so, what are they? For example, UT2004, Minecraft, computer and web programming, electronics, Doctor Who, and so on. Minecraft, computer programming, Doctor Who (when I actually sit down to watch TV).

3) For what reason(s) do you frequent Cemetech over other sites like Omnimaga or TIPlanet? (Or vise-versa)? TIPlanet is mainly in spanish, and I've never looke into Omnimaga. So Cemetech is my favorite because it's the only one that I have used.

4) Do you consider the community of Cemetech to have a main goal(s)? (if so, what are they?) Main goals? Um... Make people feel at home, update cemetech projects, etc. etc.

5) How do you feel your relationship is with other members? Hmm. Well, I'm not good with writing, so communicating my ideas is hard, and most people don't really know me.

6) Do you find that Cemetech (and calc programming) has helped you in the outside world? Yes, without calc programming, I would be bored in math class, and Cemetech has helped me in a few ways.Wink

7) What is your favorite inside joke/lingo/shared social item? There is a reason why it's called an "inside joke"! But I don't know right now.

8: What country are you from (if you feel like sharing)? Have you ever met any other Cemetech member in person? U.S.A. Oh, and no.

9) What (if anything) could we do to attract you to spend more time on Cemetech? How about a video conference every saturday night? (see future post link here.)
AHelper wrote:
1) How did you first learn about Cemetech and what aspect influenced you to stay?
Probably KermM quitting/joining a lot in #ti back in 2010/2011, spamming cemetech.net. I finally posted in 1/30/11 after, iirc, KermM poked me to. (I cannot find all of my #ti logs around that time). Why stay? To talk with nikkybot of course! (And to maintain my threads for projects)

Despite "iirc", "probably", and "I cannot find all of my #ti logs around that time", it has been pointed out that Merth was the one who poked me to post here. My humblest of apologies on this. Here is a kitten Smiling Cat
willwac wrote:
3) For what reason(s) do you frequent Cemetech over other sites like Omnimaga or TIPlanet? (Or vise-versa)? TIPlanet is mainly in spanish...

TI-Planet is French, for what it's worth and your information.
willwac wrote:
How about a video conference every saturday night? (see future post link here.)
There is one already, but it's on Wednesday nights. There used to be one on Saturday afternoons on Omni, but it was in French.
1) How did you first learn about Cemetech and what aspect influenced you to stay?
CVSoft introduced my to Cemetech. I stayed because of the friendly people.

2) Do you feel as if we have similarities outside of calculator programming naturally. If so, what are they? For example, UT2004, Minecraft, computer and web programming, electronics, Doctor Who, and so on.
I love gaming, Minecraft in particular.

3) For what reason(s) do you frequent Cemetech over other sites like Omnimaga or TIPlanet? (Or vise-versa)?
I did not know about those other sites, but I like it here so I'll stay here.

4) Do you consider the community of Cemetech to have a main goal(s)? (if so, what are they?)
Work hard, play hard.

5) How do you feel your relationship is with other members?
For the most part, neutral.

6) Do you find that Cemetech (and calc programming) has helped you in the outside world?
I find the intense motivation here refreshing. I am unsure if it has had an effect in the outside world.

7) What is your favorite inside joke/lingo/shared social item?
Gobble Cobble.

8 ) What country are you from (if you feel like sharing)? Have you ever met any other Cemetech member in person?
I reside in the USA, where I have met CVSoft in person on multiple occasions.

9) What (if anything) could we do to attract you to spend more time on Cemetech?
Hold more events on the Minecraft server.
1) I was introduced by watching my brother, ordelore.
2) Minecraft and Pokemon.
3) I literally JUST made an Omnimaga account, and I flat out don't use TIPlanet so ya.
4) Make Calc Programs, solve other people calc issues ect.
5) The only member I personally know is ordelore (duh he's my bro)
so I doesn't rlly matter.
6) Well, a few of my friends were surprised that a 5th Grader made a calc program, so yes.
7) >(<')
Cool Illinois, USA I only know ordelore.
9) idk at the moment.
1. I first found Cemetech while searching for games online. I registered a period of time before I realized what cemetech really was. I then found "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" and realized what cemetech was. I have stayed because It seems a good resource to programming.

2. not sure, computer gaming?

3. Didn't really got into the other websites.

4. Advancing calculator knowledge, "achieving the impossible with calculators"

5. the other members on cemetech seem to be friends to me.

6. the calculator programming can be related to other programming languages

7. The calculator is an inside joke between me and my friends, I always have them

8. Utah, USA
Wish I had. Might be cool to have a cemetech party somewhere close for members that live around here.

9. I already spend a lot of time on cemetech Razz.
1. I'm not really sure how I found cemetech, I think I might originally been looking for something like sourcecoder. I had been registered on omni for a short period of time, and I probably heard about it there.
2. Many of us enjoy electronics.
3. I am on cemetech more because it's the only english forum not blocked at school. I can get through the filters but it's work. I'm also on omni and TIPlanet. I'm not sure whether I prefer Omnimaga or Cemetech, but they are definitely different. I mainly go to TIPlanet for nspire news.
4. Help people and make awesome things.
5. I think that friendship and teamwork are very important in a community like this, and I think of the people on this site as friends.
6. of all the programming languages I know, I have only learned 2 outside of calculator programming. The assembly language has definitely helped in understanding other higher level languages.
7. my super-unreadable code is an inside joke between my friends and a direct result of learning assembly. (I program in hex occasionally)
8. Illinois, USA. My school is actually on the same street as ordelore's (and I don't know if NeonSparkelz goes to the same school, I'd assume so), but I've never actually met them.
9. A merger with Omnimaga and Tiplanet.
I would recomend that with the change of "go to the new posts" thing, change it so that it says "go to this weeks posts".

it just seems strange to me.
16aroth6 wrote:

8. Utah, USA
Wish I had. Might be cool to have a cemetech party somewhere close for members that live around here.

Yeah we should. There are a bunch of active Utah calc programmers. I'm in Utah county area. Same with two members of omnimaga.
zeldaking wrote:
16aroth6 wrote:

8. Utah, USA

Yeah we should. There are a bunch of active Utah calc programmers. I'm in Utah county area. Same with two members of omnimaga.

Davis county.
Should I start a post to plan one?
I'm in Box Elder county, but I'm going on a mission in less than a month.
AlienCC, the retired UnitedTI administrator is also a Utah-an.

Will, does that mean we won't hear from you for a year or so?
Two years, actually.
I don't even know where Davis county is.. Hah.. But we should have a topic for everyone (if they want) to post where they live (in generality; not addresses) so others in other states can see who lives around them
About the project motivation, there should be a way to "Like" a project, in a project thread. I think that If I knew how many people here thought that it might be a cool idea, we could find the motivation to finish.
16aroth6 wrote:
I would recomend that with the change of "go to the new posts" thing, change it so that it says "go to this weeks posts".

it just seems strange to me.
Another idea I had was "Go to Active Topics". It seems like I've created quite a disturbance by changing the wording on this. Razz
"Go to this weeks posts" is much preferable, because it explains what it does. "The new posts" is too easily confusable with the more commonly used (for me) ability to see unread posts since my last login. "This week's posts" is a blunt tool for when I've managed my sessions poorly, not a first choice.
KermMartian wrote:
It seems like I've created quite a disturbance by changing the wording on this. Razz

I think it was more of a sudden change than anything else. There wasn't a "we have these options available" or "how can we make this obscure link at the bottom of the new posts page more visible" discussion. Now, if a few more suggestions could be implemented this fast, that'd be great! *hinthint*
ZeldaKing wrote:
But we should have a topic for everyone (if they want) to post where they live (in generality; not addresses) so others in other states can see who lives around them

well, we do have a membermap in the about section, but im uncertain about how up-to-date that thing is, and i dont know how to add yourself to such map. maybe an update is in order?

its north-eastern seaboard is super cluttered when zoomed out...

however, this really wouldnt work with "generality", i think. I personally have no qualms about handing out an address, but i do understand other member's want for privacy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours