Asian wrote:
Looks cool.
This isn't part of the hybrid libs, but could you also include the symbol GUI, but recode it or something similar because it seemed to scroll between numbers incorrectly. It would be a useful part, but considering how big the program/appvar will be...
What are you talking about?
Just for fun, added the ability for the cursor to bounce from the top to the bottom and vice-versa to make things look a little nicer.

Thought I'd also show off the 2 functions that work. Just need to work on the whole page displaying setup, and make it go back and forth for paging, and things should be good. Oh, and making the menus work. That shouldn't be too hard once I have working text display stuff to work with and integrate.
tifreak8x wrote:

Got this set up now, gives you the values of the character for use with DrawText in xLIBc. You can go left and right to increment/decrement by 1, or up and down to do the same by 10. 2nd/Clear/Enter backs out of it to the main menu.
I think you should use the system in my editor that I showed. You have a huge screen, don't waste it showing one character at a time.
I'll try to set something up like that, just have to figure out how to correlate where the cursor is to values of characters. And see what it will look like with the 65 characters on the screen, spaced out so the cursor can move among them.
merthsoft wrote:
I think you should use the system in my editor that I showed. You have a huge screen, don't waste it showing one character at a time.

Better? Smile

I managed to write it all out myself. I feel I probably should add in some conditionals for those two empty places to the bottom right to keep them from popping up, though it might add a bit to the size of the program.
That's a huge improvement, tifreak8x. Smile I think it would indeed look a bit cleaner if you force the cursor to wrap around if it hits those two empty spaces.

Code:
62→W

ClrHome
1→A
For(F,1,5
For(G,2,26,2
If A<64:Output(F,G,sub(" !'#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<\=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZθ\\]^",A,1
A+1→A
End:End
1→G:1→F
While W=62
Output(F,G,"|>
If (31+(G+1)/2+(F-1)*13)<95:Output(7,12,31+(G+1)/2+(F-1)*13
getKey→K
If K:Output(F,G,"
F-((K=25 and F>0)-(K=34 and F<6→F
If F=0:5→F
If F=6:1→F
G-2((K=24 and G>~1)-(K=26 and G<27→G
If G=~1:25→G
If G=27:1→G
If max(K={21,22,45,105:Then
ClrHome:1→W:End
End

Before you think anything, 62->W was just a place holder, based W values of options in the menu, made it easier for copy/paste into the main program Smile
Luckily it takes only two lines to do what you want Smile I've underlined them below. (And please beware the changes I had to make to make this work with SC3):

SourceCoder 3 (TXTBRWS) wrote:
:62->W
:ClrHome
:1->A
:For(F,1,5
:For(G,2,26,2
:If A<64:Output(F,G,sub(" !'#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<\=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZtheta/]^",A,1
:A+1->A
:End:End
:1->G:1->F
:While W=62
:Output(F,G,"[|>]
:If (31+(G+1)/2+(F-1)*13)<95:Output(7,12,31+(G+1)/2+(F-1)*13
:getKey->K
:If K:Output(F,G,"
:Repeat F!=5 or (F=5 and G<23
:F-((K=25 and F>0)-(K=34 and F<6->F
:If F=0:5->F
:If F=6:1->F
:G-2((K=24 and G>~1)-(K=26 and G<27->G
:If G=~1:25->G
:If G=27:1->G
:End
:If max(K={21,22,45,105:Then
:ClrHome:1->W:End
:End
KermM: There is a symbol GUI for the non-color color calculator in TI-BASIC
Asian wrote:
KermM: There is a symbol GUI for the non-color color calculator in TI-BASIC
This is not the right topic to discuss it; you're hijacking yet another topic. This is the topic for that program, and where suggestions or comments should go.
KermM: Sorry if it was not obvious, I was replying to your "What are you talking about?" 10 posts ago.
So, while we are waiting to get a text displayer/page flipper coded into the main program, I remember us discussing a converter to help people with http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/DCSE:BasicLibs:DrawMap

You can see where the values of the Matrix don't match that of the string, might be helpful to make them so they do, but I'm not sure what they are converted to. :<
Oh yeah, I remember having this discussion with you now. It's just hexadecimal, and I'm not sure that something like a hexadecimal-decimal converter would make sense in LibHelper. The final decision is of course yours, though.
I doubt it would take up much in the way of space, but no doubt there are numerous converters out there for people to use, so it's not a huge thing.
With the help of Kerm, we've gotten it to display information for the Celtic side of things. Due to an issue within Celtic, however, it reaches a point where it can't collect data, possibly beyond the 16kb size that it assumes an appvar can be? Kerm is investigating, hopefully will have information on that in the coming days. Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
With the help of Kerm, we've gotten it to display information for the Celtic side of things. Due to an issue within Celtic, however, it reaches a point where it can't collect data, possibly beyond the 16kb size that it assumes an appvar can be? Kerm is investigating, hopefully will have information on that in the coming days. Smile
I believe I have resolved this issue. It was a compounding of two bugs:
1) The routine to count the total number of characters in an AppVar/program could only handle items that spanned a total of one or two pages. AppVars or programs spanning three or more pages were not properly counted.
2) The routine to compute the next character had similar shortcomings at page boundaries: when the AppVar or program overflowed onto a second (or subsequent) page, it would restart reading at the beginning of the first page.

Both bugs have (I believed) been solved properly. I have emailed you a new version of Doors CSE, build 1365, to test.
As discussed in IRC, this version does indeed seem to work. Very Happy

Are you going to add the xlibc things to DCSE before updating to just go ahead with an 8.1 release? If so, I'll want to amend libhelper's header to look for 8.1 instead of 8.0
Yes, there will be a number of bug fixes and features in 8.1 including this fix. You should indeed make the header look for 8.1 (and instruct the user to download 8.1) for this program.
Well, I've gone through LibHelper, and I've fixed all the issues I could find with the text since I didn't escape it putting it into the appvar properly. Hopefully everything is ready to go, just have to wait for an update to 8.1 of DoorsCSE.

Also added in code to do proper version checking to make sure you have the minimum version of DCSE to run the program into the header, since functions didn't work properly in 8.0 for Celtic.

Once DCSE is updated, LibHelper shall be as well Smile
You mentioned yesterday that you thought there was a problem with a blank page showing up after some items. Is that something you're still observing in the version of the pager that you have, or was that based on my earlier comments when I was working on the pager code? Also, does that mean you decided to omit the base converter for now?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours