I decided that this might be a useful program for those that might get stuck without a computer and not have easy access to the information to use the DCSE BASIC libraries. Smile

Started out by getting myself a good looking icon set up:

A good icon will make or break a program, right? :p

Anyways, I got one function listed in:

I noticed the wiki page is lacking in error code listings, so I'll need KermM to let me know if all previous error codes are still in use and mean the exact same thing or not, I plan to add it to the end of the list that is shown on the second page of Celtic2 functions.

So, what do you guys think of this for a start?

Edit:

Got the BASIC header syntaxes displayed now.

At this stage, I do believe I'm going to want to start dumping the text into an appvar, and start working on something to display it. This program is gaining bulk very rapidly.

Another question for Kerm:

When reading appvars, is rowSwap( still needed? I'm guessing it is a yes, but the documentation mentions nothing of it.
tifreak8x wrote:
I noticed the wiki page is lacking in error code listings, so I'll need KermM to let me know if all previous error codes are still in use and mean the exact same thing or not, I plan to add it to the end of the list that is shown on the second page of Celtic2 functions.
The error codes are different. Check out the DCSE SDK PDF for the full list.

Quote:
When reading appvars, is rowSwap( still needed? I'm guessing it is a yes, but the documentation mentions nothing of it.
Yes, it is. That's also mentioned in the DCSE SDK PDF.

Edit: This is of course an awesome program idea. Great thinking!
Alright, thanks. I'll have to add that in to my program somewhere, since I was just pulling straight from the wiki pages.

And thanks, I thought it might come in handy, since we do have coders that aren't always at a computer. Smile
I was thinking of something like this. Similar to the Catalog Help from TI. Yes, very helpful. If it were interactive (like CtlgHlp), where you could input commands while looking at the description, that would be helpful. But maybe too ambitious.
Black: Yeah, I'd love to be able to do something like that, but that'd take a ton of inputs from the user and such that most people wouldn't bother with, so being a static tutorial oncalc is the only way it will probably be.
This is a great idea, good job. I'm planning on using it extensively, as most of my programming is done on calc as I am too lazy to turn the computer on
Sweet Smile I just have to figure out why I'm getting random tokens back when trying to recall it from the appvar. I think I'm going to switch back to using the program Celtic2 to test the integrity of the string being returned, make sure the appvar is okay, and see if maybe I'm either using the DCS command incorrectly, or if it's a bug that wasn't captured before release :<
Okay, so now that the bug that I found was repaired, I've went back to work on this, and this is what I've gotten so far:

I'm not sure where the error is as of yet, but I'm sure at some point I'll get it figured out. Smile
Keep up the good work! You have those line-breaks there, you're just continuing to display text after the %. Do you have code that is supposed to stop after the %? A sub() command that plucks out what to Text()?

Code:
ClrDraw
0->theta
"rowSwap(LIBDAT"->Str0
det(0)

0->W:1->A:16->C

While W=0
inString(Str9,"%",A)+1->A
Text(~1,0,0,sub(Str9,1,A-2
inString(Str9,"@",A)->B
9->W
While W=9
If A<B and A!=0 and B!=0:Then
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,inString(Str9,"%",A)-2
C+13->C
End
If A>B and B!=0:Then
Pause
ClrDraw
B+1->A
End
If A=0 and B=0:Return
End:End

This is what I have so far, I don't have anything in place yet to read the @s.
This line:
Code:
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,inString(Str9,"%",A)-2
should be something like:
Code:
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,inString(Str9,"%",A)-A-2
It's possible, I hadn't taken much time to actually work on this concept yet Smile I remember trying to get it to work for pokemon and it failed kind of badly. Just requires some tinkering to see what works.
Given that DCS runs archived programs, this might be handy in the future. I like how the HP Prime has on-calc help and liked CtgHelp for the 84+, but I never used third-party help programs before because I was too lazy to archive/unarchive my stuff back and forth.
Well, the actual program itself will be rather small, hopefully 1k or less. The real data hog will be all the text dumped into the appvar Smile
So, I have this now:

Code:
ClrDraw
0->theta
"rowSwap(LIBDAT"->Str0
det(0)

While W=0
inString(Str9,"@",A)->B
9->W
While W=9
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,inString(Str9,"%",A)-A
C+13->C
End

What I'm trying to do is get it to stop pasting when it reaches @, which will cause it to Pause, ClrDraw, set C back to 16, and 0->W. So far, no luck :<
Try this (changes are marked with //<--):
Code:
ClrDraw
0->theta
"rowSwap(LIBDAT"->Str0
det(0)

While W=0
1+inString(Str9,"%",A->A
inString(Str9,"@",A->B
9->W
While W=9
min(inString(Str9,"%",A),inString(Str9,"@",A //<--
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,Ans-A //<--
Ans+1->A //<--
C+13->C
End

That does indeed make it stop displaying at @, now to make it do the Pause/etc when it hits that. Smile

Edit:

Not sure yet why it's erroring out, makes me sad. :<

Updated displayer code:

Code:
ClrDraw
0->theta
"rowSwap(LIBDAT"->Str0
det(0)
While W=0
inString(Str9,"@",A)->B
min(inString(Str9,"%",A),inString(Str9,"@",A
Text(~1,1,0,sub(Str9,A,Ans-A
Ans+1->A
9->W
While W=9
min(inString(Str9,"%",A),inString(Str9,"@",A
Text(C,0,sub(Str9,A,Ans-A
Ans+1->A
C+13->C
End
If A-1=B:Then
Pause
ClrDraw
16->C:0->W
End

Kerm, if you want to help me get this displayer 100%, I would consider it another co-op to post up to the archives Smile I'll add all the data bits. Just need to get this blasted display thing working properly. :/ That is, if you have the time to mess with it.

Edit:

Kerm, would you like me to set a character as an end point of the data? I'm just wondering if that'll be easier to deal with than doing Length( and such. We have % as a break between lines, and @ as something that says to pause and go to next page (pending we have nothing in the docs that requires the usage of % or @)
tifreak8x wrote:
Kerm, would you like me to set a character as an end point of the data? I'm just wondering if that'll be easier to deal with than doing Length( and such. We have % as a break between lines, and @ as something that says to pause and go to next page (pending we have nothing in the docs that requires the usage of % or @)
I think an @ at the very end would make things very easy. The end of a page and the end of all pages are very similar events, and we can tell when we've reached the end of all pages if the location of the @ is equal to length(string).
Sweet, that's what I've done, then. Smile

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/libhelp/LIBDAT.8xv

Updated appvar file, first 8 lines contain text data for you to test with.
So I finished the viewer and a prolog/epilog for it; how shall we merge that with your menu and other code? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours