tr1p1ea wrote:
ahh ok, i think xLIB must be setting the wrong mode upon return, that will have to be updated.
How about if the programmer uses xLIBCSetup after drawing the rectangle to fix the LCD modes?
I dont think xLIBSetup touches the LCD entry mode, rather just the half resolution bits instead. It is worth a shot however, surely there is a workaround.

DJ: Am i able to obtain a copy of the code?
Hmm, you set $10B8 and $10B0 a lot of places, but I also thought you reset it at the end. Ah, yeah:
Code:
ASM_SetRes_FullMode:
   ld hl,$10B8
   ld a,$03
   call setLCDRegister                     ; entry mode: rgb & increment

Also, DJ_O, can you encourage the original author to create a Cemetech topic about his project including reporting the bug?
Ah yes i see it, i thought that i had commented all of those out :\. That said it would actually help if it was the right value :/.

Testing is underway.
KermMartian wrote:
Would DeleteLine + InsertLine do what you need, Merthsoft? That way you won't have to force your users to use 8.1, but I will still fix this and other issues.

Edit #2: Yes, I confirm that det(7) (DeleteLine) + det(2) (InsertLine) appears to function correctly.
Oh, yes, that should work fine! I don't know why I didn't think of that Sad I'll get that in place after work and upload the game! (After implementing a pause feature.)
Just making sure these requests don't get forgotten:

merthsoft wrote:
Additional things:
1) ExecArcPrgm should work with Str0 as the program name like all the other functions
2) ArcUnarcVar shouldn't draw an hour glass on the screen
3) ArcUnarcVar should take an optional argument, 0 for Arc, 1 for RAM, so it can work as more than just a toggle
tr1p1ea wrote:
I dont think xLIBSetup touches the LCD entry mode, rather just the half resolution bits instead. It is worth a shot however, surely there is a workaround.

DJ: Am i able to obtain a copy of the code?

The code was mine, DJ-O suggested it to me on Omnimaga

Code:

::DCS
:"000CCCC0000000000000CCCC00000000000000CC00000000000003CC300000000003333333300000333FFF3FFFF30000EEFFF3FFFFFF3000EEFEF3FFAAAF3000EEEFF3FFAAAF3000EEFEF3FFFFFF3000EEEEFF3FFFF30000EEFF3333333330003E33EE3EE3EE330003DD33E3EE3E3E3003DD30E3EE3E3E300033003333333330"
:If 80>det([[20:Then
:Disp "NEED DOORS CSE!
:Return
:End
:Lbl S
:DelVar ZDelVar θDelVar MDelVar J{26,10→dim([A]
:Fill(0,[A]
:For(I,1,10
:2→[A](1,I
:Ans→[A](2,I
:1→[A](26,I
:Ans→[A](25,I
:For(I,1,26
:1→[A](I,1
:1→[A](I,10
:For(C,1,10
:For(R,1,26
:det(12,255,255,(65*([A](R,C)=0))+(24*([A](R,C)=1))+(256*([A](R,C)=2)),(5*([A](R,C)=0))+(256*([A](R,C)=2
:Output(C,R,"
:det(12,255,255,24,0
:For(I,2,9
:Output(I,1,I-1
:det(12,0,0,65,5
:14→X:5→Y:Ans→T:14→S
:Output(5,14,"i
:Lbl A
:If M=216(J+1):Then
:J+1→J
:For(I,1,26
:Output(J+1,I,"
:Output(10-J,I,"
:If Y=10-J or Y=1+J:Then
:Output(1,1,"YOU DIED IN A WATERY GRAVE.
:If J=4:Output(2,1,"BUT WON!
:M+1→M
:getKey→K
:If K=25 and Y>2+J:Y-1→Y
:If K=34 and Y<9-J:Y+1→Y
:If K=45:Goto θ
:If T≠Y:Then
:Output(T,S,"
:Y→T
:Output(Y,14,"i
:If θ<1:Then
:randInt(2+J,9-J→θ
:If randInt(0,1:Then
:randInt(2+J,9-J→V
:det(12,96,248,24,0
:Output(θ,1,θ-1
:If V>1
:Output(V,1,V-1
:If θ>0:Z+1→Z
:If Z=9-J:Then
:For(I,3,24
:det(12,0,0,0,0
:Output(θ,I,"
:Output(V,I,"
:For(I,3,24
:Output(θ,I,"
:Output(V,I,"
:For(I,2+J,9-J
:Output(I,1,I-1
:If Y=θ or Y=V:Then
:Output(1,1,"YOU LOSE!
:Output(1,11,"SCORE:
:Output(1,17,int(M/(9-J
:Goto θ
:DelVar ZDelVar θDelVar V
:Goto A
:Lbl θ
:Pause
:ClrHome
:DelVar [A]
:det(12,300
From jsTIfied forum:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
OK, so I open up jsTIfied (CSE) to take a screen shot and I open up the program menu. I noticed a program on there that I didn't install, and it used lowercase letters for its name. I thought it was weird, so I went to the edit screen and I saw that it included a Doors header. I closed out of the editor so I could run the program in Doors, and I get this operating error:

What happened?
Apparently this isn't just a jsTIfied problem, it seems to be happening on the hardware, making me think it is a Doors or TI Connect issue. It happens after I reinstall my program, PvP Craft, to my calculator and immediately try to run it. It clears the screen and after a few seconds, exits the program. If I try to run it again, I get an archived error, and the calculator crashes, clearing the RAM. This time, I didn't try to run in again, but instead I went into Doors to see if the homerun feature is still enabled. I found the mystery program, and it has the name "dcsasmex" and seems to be the exact copy as my other program, besides the name.

Edit:
I just tried running the program through Doors, and it worked fine, until it got an invalid dimension error. I selected Go To, and it went back to Doors, and the program was deleted.
Sorry for the wait, I wanted to make it stable before I release it. I've tested it and the bug still occurs. Here's the link.
I load the file to my calculator's RAM, run it from the homescreen, and proceed smoothly to the game's main menu. How can I replicate this issue?
It happened when it was archived. I've tried multiple times to duplicate the bug and I haven't been able to do it. I've had made one small bug fix since the last occurrence of it, but I doubt that would have also fixed the problem.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
It happened when it was archived. I've tried multiple times to duplicate the bug and I haven't been able to do it. I've had made one small bug fix since the last occurrence of it, but I doubt that would have also fixed the problem.
What was that fix? I tried loading it to Archive and running from the desktop and the homescreen, and in both cases it still got to the game's main menu successfully.
Switching the places of Lbl 12 and all of the DelVar's. Wouldn't the error have to come before the first menu since it isn't displayed when the bug occurs, or do you think the bug occurs before the program starts to run?
*bump* ColorLine (an ASM library) has been repaired, and will be fixed in the next released DCSE version, along with the Celtic 2 glitches.
What needed to be fixed with colorline? (Was it the issue where it was calling xLIB drawpixel?).
tr1p1ea wrote:
What needed to be fixed with colorline? (Was it the issue where it was calling xLIB drawpixel?).
Yup, that was the problem: accidental cross-page call. Now it works fine.
Any progress on these:
merthsoft wrote:
Additional things:
1) ExecArcPrgm should work with Str0 as the program name like all the other functions
3) ArcUnarcVar should take an optional argument, 0 for Arc, 1 for RAM, so it can work as more than just a toggle

Additionally, I would like to request the BinRead/BinWrite methods, as well as GetProgList.
merthsoft wrote:
Any progress on these:
merthsoft wrote:
Additional things:

Additionally, I would like to request the BinRead/BinWrite methods, as well as GetProgList.
I'm afraid there has been no progress on those, but they're all on my list for Doors CSE 8.1 (no, it's just coincidence that Windows 8 is at the same version). BinRead/BinWrite I buy, but why GetProgList? The only legitimate reason for that that I see is a plethora of poorly-made TI-BASIC shells. Wink Do you have an alternate use case for it?

Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
Something that would possibly help for DCS8 is to add a function to modify the arrangement of programs. In DCS7, it's automatically done in alphabetical order. Maybe it would help to have them done so you could choose to arrange them by type, such as all the Axe programs together, then all the Asm, then Basic, ect. Or another thing is to add things like password protection, hooks to get back to DCS from the home screen shortcut menus, and for the gaming people, a key to instantly hide DCS and show the calc home but keep their stuff in DCS paused would probably be appreciated if they are in a place where they don't want to be found gaming. (You wouldn't believe some people 's reactions when they caught me playing Alien Breed 5 on my calc instead of one of those telephone-machines!) Oh yes, and having Gossamer integrated - with a url-bar - would be awesome.
I am not sure whether you're making Doors CSE 8.x suggestions or suggestions for a successor to Doors CS 7.2. For Doors CS (the monochrome one), I'm probably going to incorporate a few things from Doors CSE (the color one) like improved TI-BASIC error handling, but that's about it. As stated in the Doors CS 7.2 release article, the shell is at end-of-life as far as new features go, and barring me choosing to add random touchups of my own volition, I have no plans for any major additions. Foor Doors CSE, those are interest suggestions, but all seem to be niche features to me rather than things that the majority of users would use regularly.
Yeah, you are probably right. But there was something else. What about an ability to show all items in the memory, such as matrices or strings, or would it be program for that?
KermMartian wrote:
why GetProgList? The only legitimate reason for that that I see is a plethora of poorly-made TI-BASIC shells. Wink Do you have an alternate use case for it?
Level sets.
And (this is here because I have no idea where to put it) maybe a program that could access all the hidden parts of the calc? I kind of want to write my own OS after I have some more programming experience, and it would be interesting to see if it would be possible to change some of the restrictions of the OS. Or is that unworkable or something that could, I don't know, fry the calculator? (If you are wondering, I like opening things up to see what makes them tick, and I have a thing for changing things to make them work a little better. Particularly electronics.)

Curse my lack of ram! Now i look like I didn't even see the post right above mine! I use a Gateway400VTX with 512mb ram and windows vista. Not a good combination.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours