I am exceedingly doubtful there is anything that can be done for me at this point, but for what its worth, it's still not working.
As for uPNP, the screen says this:

Code:
Follow the steps below to enable or disable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).

1. Click "Enable" to enable UPnP. Click "Disable" to disable UPnP.

X Enable O Disable

2. Click "Apply" to save your changes.
It says it's enabled.

Otherwise, the error is pretty basic: "Can't reach server", same as if I'd typed in "www.cemetech.net" into the server address box.
What? www.cemetech.net isn't our MC server, so that makes sense.

I think you should take this to a 1-on-1 and share screen shots with whomever helps you. There's only so much we can help you publicly without seeing personal information in the pictures you send.
I wanted to make sense. "Can't reach server" is the message you get when you type "www.cemetech.net" in, right?
I should probably either reinstall the OS for the sixth time, or about a 1-on-1 thing - I don't have any techy friends (as I am a techy among nontechies), unless you want me to privately send you screenshots.
CalebHansberry wrote:
I wanted to make sense. "Can't reach server" is the message you get when you type "www.cemetech.net" in, right?

Correct, since the MC client is looking for a server at that URL and it isn't finding one. Check to make sure you have a port listed at the end of the URL to your server if the port isn't 25565 in your router and the server config. If the MC server things it's running on 25565 (or port y) but your router is open on another port (port x) and pointing that port (x) to your spare computer, you'll likely get the same "can't reach server" message.

If the ports are all the same, ensure the port is specified at the end of your url as :#####

Quote:
I should probably either reinstall the OS for the sixth time, or about a 1-on-1 thing - I don't have any techy friends (as I am a techy among non techies), unless you want me to privately send you screenshots.

The computer OS has nothing to do it, sadly. All you're effectively doing is performing a time consuming delete of the mincecraft server. I don't have a bunch of time to help, are you capable of asking your parents or are they not super techie as well?
"localhost" still isn't reaching the server! And yes, the port is specified. So far it is all "47760".

I know you don't have much time. Sad But my parents are not techy at all... Here is your live answer, from my mother:"And why would I be able to do that? I've never done anything with servers, closest thing was Rosetta Stone. I don't know diddly-squat."
CalebHansberry wrote:
"localhost" still isn't reaching the server! And yes, the port is specified. So far it is all "47760".

I know you don't have much time. Sad But my parents are not techy at all... Here is your live answer, from my mother:"And why would I be able to do that? I've never done anything with servers, closest thing was Rosetta Stone. I don't know diddly-squat."

Tell you what. Send me your router model and I'll Google for the things I'll need photos of. (Just so I see as little of your network info as possible) and send me your Minecraft server.properties. I can PM you an e-mail you can reach me at if you'd like.
CalebHansberry wrote:

Minecraft's default port is 25565-- that's the only port to which an unqualified "localhost" will connect. If you've set the port number to something different, you'll have to connect to (for example) localhost:47760 (if 47760 is the port number you specified).

Likewise, you'll have to set up port forwarding on your router to forward to that port (which appears to have already been covered above), and, if you don't use 25565 as the outside port in your port forwarding configuration, people connecting to your server would have to specify the port number as well (i.e. 1.2.3.4:47760).
Jonathon wrote:
Minecraft's default port is 25565-- that's the only port to which an unqualified "localhost" will connect. If you've set the port number to something different, you'll have to connect to (for example) localhost:47760 (if 47760 is the port number you specified).

Thanks for catching that! And thanks for reaffirming the necessity to specify the port and how to do it. I'm sure things have been overlooked and forgotten - on both our parts - through all of this.
Thanks, Jonathon - didn't know!
I tried a different computer, and got the same results; after forwarding the port the that computer's IP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours