Remember, remember! The Fifth of November:
It brought us the best of calc shells;
From this day, say we, it lives on every Plus C.
For Doors CSE sound the bells.

Doors CSE 8.0 is a shell for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. It is an extension of Doors CS to TI's new color-screen calculator, and provides everything you might expect from older shells like Doors CS, MirageOS, or Ion. Doors CS lists and can run all of your TI-BASIC and Assembly games and programs. It lets you organize your programs into folders, and archive, lock, copy, rename, delete, and hide them. It gives you extra features like an enhanced TI-BASIC editor, a clock, lowercase letters, and much more. Doors CSE 8 also contains the powerful xLIBC library by Patrick Prendergast and Celtic 2 CSE, which will make color TI-BASIC programs and games more powerful, useful, and fun.

In development for exactly two months, Doors CSE 8 is the culmination of hard work not just from myself and Patrick "tr1p1ea" Prendergast, but from all the beta-testers in the community who worked hard to squash any and all bugs from the shell and its libraries. They deserve our gratitude for their persistence and efforts. We look forward to feedback and any rare bug reports that may crop up, and we especially anticipate Doors CSE 8 and a crop of powerful TI-BASIC and z80 Assembly educational programs, utilities, and games hitting every TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition soon.

Download & More Information
Download Doors CSE 8.0
Doors CSE 8 Wiki and Documentation
How to Put Doors CSE and Programs on your TI-84+CSE
Doors CSE 8 Press Release

Great little ditty.

The shell is cool too. Wink
I immediately put it on my calc, it's really awesome Very Happy I actually prefer the cursor over the mouse, it makes everything faster. Congrats on this !

Now I'm waiting for more games to come out Razz
Very cool. can't wait to see programs utilize DCS8 Smile
i slightly wish i had an 84C, now that you have released this to the world. albeit flat, it is surely going to set a standard for todays programs in the TI world.
comicIDIOT wrote:

You mean something like this? :p

I also have one in the works, once I can get time to sit and work on it.
Congrats to those that made Doors come to fruition. This is great. Go Go Power CSE!
tifreak8x wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

You mean something like this? :p

I also have one in the works, once I can get time to sit and work on it.

Well, yes. What I really should have wrote was "more programs." It's a given that the Cemetech community will use DCS8 so really, I wish programs outside of Cemetech to use it, much like how ION & MOS came to be super popular Wink
As it is the only shell with libraries, I'm sure we'll have our fair share of new programmers Smile
I already made a game that uses DCSE. Hopefully I release more in the near future. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
Great little ditty.

The shell is cool too. Wink
Hehe, thank you.

matrefeytontias wrote:
I immediately put it on my calc, it's really awesome Very Happy I actually prefer the cursor over the mouse, it makes everything faster. Congrats on this !

Now I'm waiting for more games to come out Razz
You should make them, then! And yes, I've gotten mixed reactions on the mouse vs. selection cursor issue, but most people seem happy enough with this choice.

LuxenD wrote:
i slightly wish i had an 84C, now that you have released this to the world. albeit flat, it is surely going to set a standard for todays programs in the TI world.
I certainly hope that's true! I can't wait to see what programmers create.

BlackOnyx wrote:
Congrats to those that made Doors come to fruition. This is great. Go Go Power CSE!
Thanks, and right back at you for all your hard work!

tifreak8x wrote:
As it is the only shell, I'm sure we'll have our fair share of new programmers Smile
Fixed that for you. Wink

DJ_O wrote:
I already made a game that uses DCSE. Hopefully I release more in the near future. Smile
Which still needs to make it into the Cemetech Archives! Wink I look very forward to your new DCSE games and programs as well.
Fantastic work, a great achievement and quite timely to say the least.

The shell is a breath of fresh air and should attract more people to the platform.

Now to sit back and watch the cool programs & games roll in, great work! Very Happy.
congratulations!
tr1p1ea wrote:
Fantastic work, a great achievement and quite timely to say the least.

The shell is a breath of fresh air and should attract more people to the platform.

Now to sit back and watch the cool programs & games roll in, great work! Very Happy.
It wouldn't be half as fresh a breath of air without your tireless and amazing work on xLIBC. I hope that programmers validate the effort you put into the library by creating many and varied xLIBC/Doors CSE Hybrid BASIC programs and games. I also look forward to your own work in that space.

CalcGuy123 wrote:
congratulations!
Thanks, and thanks again for all your thorough beta-testing. Smile I hope that speed issue we were never able to completely pin down never re-appears.
Haha "Build 1337" lol
CalcGuy123 wrote:
Haha "Build 1337" 0x5
It's actually build number 1337, too! I carefully rationed my builds for about three weeks to make that a reality. Smile Of course, if there are any future DCSE versions (which I think there will be), they'll no longer have such elite build numbers.
Unless you get to build 31337?!
tr1p1ea wrote:

build 13337 comes before that lol
tr1p1ea wrote:
If I get that far, then I don't think I'm apportioning effort between real life and my hobbies properly. Wink Unless Doors CSE build 1337 is for some futuristic mobile device in ten years, in which case awesome.
KermM wrote:
Unless Doors CSE build 1337 is for some futuristic mobile device in ten years...

you mean like an HP Prime >.>

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours