I think everything about Doors CSE is very intuitive except for the fact that you can run a program by pressing Trace, which I don't understand. I never even read the readme. Kerm did a really good job on it.
DJ_O wrote:
It would also be nice if when we are in the apps folder then exit DCSE, that we don't re-appear back in there, but rather in the parent directory.
Actually, the Apps folder is just like a regular Doors CS/CSE folder, so you always reappear in the folder that you last used, whether it's the Apps folder or a different folder. Similarly, [F2] exits any folder, including the Apps folder.

Ivoah wrote:
The button for exiting apps is pretty logical, if you think of the top 5 buttons as "soft buttons" where their label is displayed at the bottom of the screen above each button. [Y=] opens the menu and [window] moves up a folder.
Yep, that's why the DCS menu is [F1]/[Y=], as you said. I'm glad it seems at least semi-logical.

DJ_O wrote:
That's not very intuitive IMHO. I thought it was just an icon indicating that the icon left to it could do something.
When in doubt, Doors CSE menu -> Help shows you all of the important hotkey definitions.

readroof2 wrote:
I think everything about Doors CSE is very intuitive except for the fact that you can run a program by pressing Trace, which I don't understand. I never even read the readme. Kerm did a really good job on it.
Thank you, that's very kind! [TRACE] for "left-click" and [GRAPH] for "right-click" is an artifact of Doors CS 7, which has a mouse. The arrow keys plus [TRACE] and [GRAPH] make the shape of an actual mouse, if you think like I do.
Hey... Thats a cool idea about the mouse, using Trace and Graph Smile

Never thought of it that way.
Unicorn wrote:
Hey... Thats a cool idea about the mouse, using Trace and Graph Smile

Never thought of it that way.

Me too. I just though it was weird because it had nothing to do with anything, but now I feel like I should have noticed it. I have an ex-friend who couldn't even get out of a folder in Doors CSE, and I had a folder with my games in it. When he wanted to play on my calculator one time, I created a new folder, entered it, and it was hilarious watching him. Smile
Doors CSE is awesome, but it needs cleaner icons. Still, make a System 7 (Mac 128K) on a Z80, or 68k!
I recently got my first taste of doors cse! Really good but still a major decline Surprised Sad it needs a mose and all the features of dcs 7.2! Can't wait Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours