Better get uploaded to ticalc soon, seeing as it is 'Nomination November' as calc84maniac's news article put it.
ordelore wrote:
Better get uploaded to ticalc soon, seeing as it is 'Nomination November' as calc84maniac's news article put it.
Oh, it has been uploaded and in their queue for a day and a half. Smile Like us, though, they're busy people, and I know they'll get to it when they have a chance.
Never mind: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/456/45670.html
Many thanks to Ryan for featuring Doors CSE 8.0!

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/148/148414.html
Congrats Kerm! It was inevitably gonna happen, but it's always good to finally see the feature. Smile
It says in the version history Doors CSE 8.0.1. Why can't I find it?
Ephraim B wrote:
It says in the version history Doors CSE 8.0.1. Why can't I find it?
The version currently on Cemetech, as well as the update waiting in the ticalc.org queue, are both 8.0.1. You can grab it here:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=960
Excellent!

Hopefully, this far superior shell will spread before Mirage and Ion get here, so we're not flooded with "omg gimme games on my mirageeee"

I dunno. Mirage users always seemed a little newb-like to me.
Chaldron wrote:
Hopefully, this far superior shell will spread before Mirage and Ion get here, so we're not flooded with "omg gimme games on my mirageeee"
I'm hoping that with the stability and features Doors CSE offers, there will be no need for Ion or MirageOS (or other shells) to be ported to the CSE. I just need to get BASIC and ASM programmers to adopt the features Doors CSE offers.

Quote:
It's both the blessing and curse of being the way non-technical people know how to do something on a piece of technology. If Doors CS suddenly overcame MirageOS in popularity, which I would of course love, those same newbies and n00bies would be doing the same with Doors CSE.
You can definitively expect many of my future games to be DCSE games. Of course it might take longer before any are released, though, since nowadays I tend to constantly switch projects and work with two calculator platforms at once. >.<

Chaldron wrote:
Excellent!

I think this is because MirageOS came out a decade after DCS7 and is linked to on many old websites, in addition to game readmes. As a result, it's next to impossible for the time being for DCS7 to compete for download count. Since newb-like people as you call them probably won't do any effort to search for something better than the mainstream Mirage and Ion shells, they probably aren't even aware that DCS exists.
This might be a stupid question, but can Doors CSE 8.0 be downloaded for a regular black and white TI-84?
shundra9 wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but can Doors CSE 8.0 be downloaded for a regular black and white TI-84?
Sadly, no; it's just for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. If and when I get the inclination and free time, I may back-port some of the fixes in Doors CSE that relate to Doors CS, though, like better Instant Goto and a few other things.
Yeah, also a confirmation prompt when you accidentally delete programs would be nice Wink
shundra9 wrote:
Yeah, also a confirmation prompt when you accidentally delete programs would be nice Wink
Oh yes, Doors CSE has one, but I never decided if it was necessary for Doors CS or not. I should warn you I have very little space to fit things into Doors CS, though.
Quote:
I should warn you I have very little space to fit things into Doors CS, though.

As in like it would take up too much memory if you add anything else?
shundra9 wrote:
Quote:
I should warn you I have very little space to fit things into Doors CS, though.

As in like it would take up too much memory if you add anything else?
Apps must be multiples of Flash pages, which are 16KB each. If your App is 1 byte or 16383 bytes, it's 1 page. If it's 16385 bytes, it's 2 pages. Doors CS 7.2 is three App pages, but it's stuffed to the brim: there are only a few dozen free bytes on each of the pages.
Kudos to Kerm for making this! Now my Engineering and math classes are much more manageable (my mates take turns stealing my calc to mess around on the games, it's that great)! Anyone with a 84+CS should definitely test out this and a few games, which are also conveniently located on this site. Cheers again man! Good Idea
Highschool_Chap wrote:
Kudos to Kerm for making this! Now my Engineering and math classes are much more manageable (my mates take turns stealing my calc to mess around on the games, it's that great)! Anyone with a 84+CS should definitely test out this and a few games, which are also conveniently located on this site. Cheers again man! Good Idea
I'm very glad to hear it, thank you! Please feel free to post bug reports or suggestions that you or your friends may come up with using the shell, and perhaps you'll get a hankering to write some Doors CSE games yourself.
*bump* I've been working on implementing new features and eliminating bugs in Doors CSE 8.0 for the upcoming Doors CSE 8.1 release. Most recently, I've been working with listing and running Apps. Here's what I have so far; more updates coming soon.

Edit: Fixed incorrect ProgsToDo value passed to VATFind by DrawProgsToScreen; previous error had been masked by robust VATFind code. Notes to self include prohibiting Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename options in the Apps folder (actually, prohibiting the entire context menu), repairing the InfoPop for Apps to not get crashy and to display a valid size, and making the InfoPop on the Apps folder show the proper number of items inside. I bemoan all you users who requested App listing and execution.

Edit #2: Icon and code brought Page 0 down to 61 bytes free; moved alpha-sorting code to Page 1 to add an additional 423 free bytes to Page 0 to fit App-related functionality.

Are you going to continue improving Doors for the old non-color TI-8x calculators?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours