Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Wow, that's just fantastic!

Definitely a game to keep on the calc permanenty in flash. Very Happy
I am quite glad to see the balls rotate like that! I didn't expect that; every day it gets closer to looking like an emulation. The only difference I notice (besides the bug of not always filling in) is the cursor looks somehow different, not exactly sure how. But, it looks real cool!
tifreak8x wrote:
Wow, that's just fantastic!

Definitely a game to keep on the calc permanenty in flash. Very Happy


CalebHansberry wrote:
I am quite glad to see the balls rotate like that! I didn't expect that; every day it gets closer to looking like an emulation. The only difference I notice (besides the bug of not always filling in) is the cursor looks somehow different, not exactly sure how. But, it looks real cool!
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Smile Other than anything you guys come up with in beta testing, I have exactly six things I want to do before Jezzball v1.0 in its monochrome and color forms is ready for the prime time:

(1) [X] Make the color version's cursor move by 2s at levels > lvl 6
(2) [X] Change the cursor sprite
(3) [X] Adjust where walls come out of the cursor in the color version
(4) [X] Fix lingering fill problem with edges of balls
(5) [X] Add "Press [ENTER] to continue" in monochrome version at end of level
(6) [X] Adjust completion percentage for color version? -> Changed to 75%

All that remains is beta-testing from you guys just as soon as geekboy and the Omnimaga contest judging team get their judging done, then a release to ticalc.org and an email to Ryan. Wink
*bump* I have released Jezzball v1.0 for the monochrome and color TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus calculators here on Cemetech. Please test them and let me know if you find anything glaring missing; otherwise I will release them tonight.

Download
Jezzball v1.0 for the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
Jezzball v1.0 for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
Bugs found so far: (CSE Hardware)

1. Balls leave a path of white and black dots that returns to normal when the cursor passes over it

2. Cursor has fuzzy box around it and the box fills in when it's still over a black area

3. I don't know if this is a bug, but the balls don't collide and bounce off each other

4. Pressing Enter does not advance you to the next level when you win, but Clear does

This is not a program bug, but the readme, the description and the screenshot all say that you need 65% to win
Hmm, based on the first three reports, it sounds like I uploaded an old version. Thank you for testing, I will check when I get home.

Edit:

FrozenFire49 wrote:
Bugs found so far: (CSE Hardware)

1. Balls leave a path of white and black dots that returns to normal when the cursor passes over it

2. Cursor has fuzzy box around it and the box fills in when it's still over a black area
I cannot replicate either of these bugs on hardware.

Quote:
3. I don't know if this is a bug, but the balls don't collide and bounce off each other
Not a bug.

Quote:
4. Pressing Enter does not advance you to the next level when you win, but Clear does
2nd and Clear both advance.

Quote:
This is not a program bug, but the readme, the description and the screenshot all say that you need 65% to win
Ah, good call. It's 75% indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Bugs found so far: (CSE Hardware)

1. Balls leave a path of white and black dots that returns to normal when the cursor passes over it

2. Cursor has fuzzy box around it and the box fills in when it's still over a black area
I cannot replicate either of these bugs on hardware.

I tested it again today after re-downloading and re-installing the program, and I still have the same results. I took some (low quality) pictures of the game.

Hopefully the images can be deciphered.Crying

I've tried it on the emulator, and it works fine. I'm stumped.Neutral
Does this happen every time you run the game, FrozenFire? Are those black and white dots, or is it redrawing the grid with an incorrect offset? Does moving the cursor over the black area always give it a gray background?

Edit: Can you please install MicrOS on your calculator, run it, choose 2. Hardware Monitor, 2. LCD Port Monitor, and tell us the Value for Port 00? Thanks!
KermMartian wrote:
Does this happen every time you run the game, FrozenFire?
Yea, Every time
Quote:
Are those black and white dots, or is it redrawing the grid with an incorrect offset?
Those are Black and white dots. They seem to be created in 3 parallel lines.
Quote:
Does moving the cursor over the black area always give it a gray background?
It always does that. It starts filling from the top when the cursor is not moving, but the box clears when it moves and instantly refills itself.

The value for the port is 9335.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Quote:
Does moving the cursor over the black area always give it a gray background?
It always does that. It starts filling from the top when the cursor is not moving, but the box clears when it moves and instantly refills itself.
But when you move the cursor around, it properly leaves only black behind? When you move it over the play grid, does it leave a trail, or the correct grid?

Quote:
The value for the port is 9335.
Okay, so you have an ILI9335 LCD controller, like the rest of us.

Edit: I just thought of something. Do you have Doors CSE 8.0? What Doors CSE build do you have?
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Quote:
Does moving the cursor over the black area always give it a gray background?
It always does that. It starts filling from the top when the cursor is not moving, but the box clears when it moves and instantly refills itself.
But when you move the cursor around, it properly leaves only black behind? When you move it over the play grid, does it leave a trail, or the correct grid?
It leaves the correct stuff behind.
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: I just thought of something. Do you have Doors CSE 8.0? What Doors CSE build do you have?
I have Doors 8.0.0, Build 1337
FrozenFire49 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Quote:
Does moving the cursor over the black area always give it a gray background?
It always does that. It starts filling from the top when the cursor is not moving, but the box clears when it moves and instantly refills itself.
But when you move the cursor around, it properly leaves only black behind? When you move it over the play grid, does it leave a trail, or the correct grid?
It leaves the correct stuff behind.
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: I just thought of something. Do you have Doors CSE 8.0? What Doors CSE build do you have?
I have Doors 8.0.0, Build 1337
Please update to the latest released version. There was a tiny glitch in one of the 1337 builds that may have affected 8-bit sprite displaying.
KermMartian wrote:
Please update to the latest released version. There was a tiny glitch in one of the 1337 builds that may have affected 8-bit sprite displaying.
That fixed it, thanks.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Please update to the latest released version. There was a tiny glitch in one of the 1337 builds that may have affected 8-bit sprite displaying.
That fixed it, thanks.
Whew, I am very relieved that that did the trick. Thank you for testing!
I finally got around to loading this up on my calc, and it's quite fun! I can't seem to get past level four, though Sad
merthsoft wrote:
I finally got around to loading this up on my calc, and it's quite fun! I can't seem to get past level four, though Sad
Thanks! I'm sure if you stick with it you'll manage to get to level 5, and hopefully it's sufficiently fun and replayable that you feel like trying
#cemetech wrote:
09:52 < AHelper0> I nominate KermM to get Maxwell's Maniac on the CSE
09:52 <+tifreak> As it will need asm for the speed
09:52 <@saxjax> (C) [Charty] Nominate Xeda!
09:52 <@KermM> I nominate KermM running into a hole in the ground to hide
09:52 < AHelper0> I mean, them rotating ball sprites and the grid system and such
09:52 * AHelper0 launches a KermSeeking missile filled with unfinished projects
09:53 <@KermM> Wait, that looks like Jezzball
09:53 < AHelper0> MM?
09:53 <@KermM> But with two colors of balls
09:53 <@KermM> Yeah
09:53 < AHelper0> Yes, that why I nominated you
09:53 < AHelper0> I can see a lot of code reuse
09:53 <@KermM> I might actually be able to pull this off
09:53 <@KermM> I agree


Dropping this here from IRC.
Thanks for the reminder. I also posted a thought about it in tifreak8x's Idea Vault topic, in case another ASM coder wants to work on it and I manage not to get to it for whatever reason.
This looks really amazing, good work Kerm! Smile I'm excited to test it out!
elfprince13 wrote:
This looks really amazing, good work Kerm! Smile I'm excited to test it out!
Thanks a lot, elfprince. Smile I'm happy that it turned out as well as it did, despite quite a few bugs and technical hurdles (especially on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition) that I encountered along the way.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement