Doors CSE 8.0 is a shell for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. It is an extension of Doors CS to TI's new color-screen calculator, and provides everything you might expect from older shells like Doors CS, MirageOS, or Ion. Doors CS lists and can run all of your TI-BASIC and Assembly games and programs. It lets you organize your programs into folders, archive, lock, and hide them. It gives you extra features like an enhanced TI-BASIC editor, a clock, lowercase letters, and much more. Following Release Candidate 1 ten days ago, this new Release Candidate fixes myriad tricky bugs and introduces a bit of new functionality, including a New Prog feature in the Properties menu, new Hybrid BASIC libraries, and more.

This is a Release Candidate, meaning that it's a preview of what the final Doors CSE 8.0 will look like. My Cemetech beta testers have provided invaluable assistance in finding and tracking down a host of bugs, so I am confident that it represents a high level of quality. However, in the interest of making sure that the Doors CSE 8.0 that spreads to students' calculators is as bug-free as humanly possible. Therefore, I urge you to please try out Doors CSE 8.0, run all of your programs with it, explore all of its features, and please submit both positive and negative comments and reports. Let me know about features that you find to function well, programs that work with Doors CSE 8.0, and of course also emphasize anything that breaks. In your bug reports, please include step-by-step directions to replicate your problems.

A final note: As this is a release candidate and likely contains bugs, it launches with a large warning message. Please do not distribute it to your friends yet; a final Doors CSE 8.0 will be available for that soon. In fact, barring any major problems, this is likely to be the last release candidate before the final 8.0 release. Without further ado, download and enjoy!

Download
Doors CSE 8.0 Release Candidate 2

Great job on getting the NewProg feature working! Maybe now I'll look at getting a TI-84+C for my birthday.
Side note: NewProg seems similar to the 68k NewProb...
ordelore wonders if the relics of an older time are creeping up on Kerm.
I'm actually debating renaming it to NewPrgm, which would require making the Properties menu slightly wider (which is fine and not a big deal at all). Do people prefer that idea?
What about Omnicalc libs? Rather, will BASIC programmers have the ability to use audio?

P.S.: Will you continue to make updates to Doors CS 7.2, or have you decided to dis-continue support for B&W DCS?
willwac wrote:
What about Omnicalc libs? Rather, will BASIC programmers have the ability to use audio?
No, unless a future DCSE version adds those features. These are the libraries for BASIC programmers in Doors CSE 8.0:

Third-Party BASIC Libraries (Color)

Quote:
P.S.: Will you continue to make updates to Doors CS 7.2, or have you decided to dis-continue support for B&W DCS?
I am no longer actively developing Doors CS 7.2, but I may back-port bug fixes. See this article.
Sorry to make many post in such a short time but, will you support this:

Code:

:Program Title
:Author
:DCS
:Icon Data
No, I do not support that. The only valid DCSE TI-BASIC headers are shown here: BASIC Header (Color)
Awesome RC2 is out! There is a small issue with the DrawBGPic command. The syntax for updateLCD is meant to be real(5,2,UPDATELCD however the error has caused it to be real(5,2,0,UPDATELCD. This is just a define error and is easily fixed.

Also will people have access to image tools for xLIB tile and bgpic variables? Feel free to distribute the little util i made though i believe Merth is working on an editor.
Found a small bug maby...

Code:
ClrDraw
2→A:3→B
DispGraph
Lbl 1
real(4,A,B,48,48,1,0,0,0,0,1
Repeat K
getKey→K
End
A+12(K=26)-12(K=24→A
B+12(K=25)-12(K=34→B
Goto 1

Not sure what Im doing wrong, It displays random things on the graph screen.

Yes, there is a pic 1 in the memory.
What would be nice is if there was an offline copy of the xLIB doc available in the DCSE zip file for when we want to code without internet access. IIRC the commands list wasn't included with the RC1 PDF.

Also glad to see many xLIBC bugs fixed and the addition of screen shifting. I also noticed the big increase in rectangles speed. Smile
DJ_O wrote:
What would be nice is if there was an offline copy of the xLIB doc available in the DCSE zip file for when we want to code without internet access. IIRC the commands list wasn't included with the RC1 PDF.

Doors CSE 8 SDK

Quote:
Also glad to see many xLIBC bugs fixed and the addition of screen shifting. I also noticed the big increase in rectangles speed. Smile
Excellent, fast rectangles are important. Smile
16aroth16: Here is a revamped example for what i think you were trying to do. This will draw a 48x48 sprite (in this case a red ball) and allow you to move it around the screen.

Note that sprites/tiles etc are not stored in traditional TIOS PIC variables (like Pic1,Pic2,Pic3 etc). Rather they are stored in a custom appvar that needs to be created on a PC at present.

Here is the xLIB PIC used in this example:

Code:
real(0,1,1
"BBALL
real(5,0,0
2->A:3->B
Lbl 1
real(4,0,A,B,6,6,0,0,248,1,0,0,16,32,48,64,80,1,17,33,49,65,81,2,18,34,50,66,82,3,19,35,51,67,83,4,20,36,52,68,84,5,21,37,53,69,85
Repeat K
getKey->K
End
A+12(K=26)-12(K=24->A
B+12(K=34)-12(K=25->B
Goto 1

You will notice the long list of PICINDEX numbers in the drawsprite command. This is because a 48x48 sprite is made up of 36 8x8 chunks (or tiles). Here is how each tile corresponds in the PIC for a better understanding:

I should point out that there isnt any screen clearing in this code so the screenshot would look like this (im not sure about the oncalc speed, but its a pretty big sprite):

Note that the screen concepts on the 84C are different from a programming perspective than the older calcs. You may need to read up and play around for it to make more sense. I should point out that there are other functions that can greatly speed up this program, namely the getKey functions.
Small bug to report:

When your on the desktop, and open the list of options when you have a folder highlighted, by pressing [GRAPH], the EDIT command is still available, but selecting it does nothing. Since you cant "edit" a folder, that option should be removed when the menu is opened when a folder is highlighted.

Basically, options that would be useless on the current selection, should be removed from the list completely. Not just greyed out, as that would be harder to read then simply removing the option.

Also, I didnt see the readability change in the HELP popup. It's still a garbled mess. lol
Please switch the "Edit" and "Delete" options in the context menu, since there is no delete conformation, it is really easy to delete a file on accident.
Noticed something else, 600th news article! Congratulations.
willwac wrote:
Please switch the "Edit" and "Delete" options in the context menu, since there is no delete conformation, it is really easy to delete a file on accident.

They are no where near each other, just read the options before selecting anything..
BlackOnyx wrote:
Small bug to report:

When your on the desktop, and open the list of options when you have a folder highlighted, by pressing [GRAPH], the EDIT command is still available, but selecting it does nothing. Since you cant "edit" a folder, that option should be removed when the menu is opened when a folder is highlighted.

Basically, options that would be useless on the current selection, should be removed from the list completely. Not just greyed out, as that would be harder to read then simply removing the option.
I'd have to create a second complete version of the menu for folders, and a third complete version for right-clicking on a blank area of a folder. I'd consider perhaps the greying-out, but making other menu versions is something I don't have space for.

Quote:
Also, I didnt see the readability change in the HELP popup. It's still a garbled mess. 0x5
Ask and you shall (finally) receive:

tifreak8x wrote:
willwac wrote:

They are no where near each other, just read the options before selecting anything..
It sounds more like he's asking for delete confirmation than anything, actually.
Now doesn't the help pop-up look so much better? Smile

Also, your right click menus aren't dynamically created? They are prelisted?
I don't know if this is because of Doors CS 8 RC2, but I was out of everything, just regular home screen, then did RecallPic (without being in the graph screen) and my RAM reset. Sad I lost 1 game. . . and you need to make it so that while you're at the "huge warning screen" the calc can auto turn off cause even though it's mostly my fault my calc battery drained 75% after staying on for an hour Sad.
BlackOnyx wrote:
Now doesn't the help pop-up look so much better? Smile
Indeed, although I was initially resistant to making the change. Smile

Quote:
Also, your right click menus aren't dynamically created? They are prelisted?
They are indeed. Since they're used only one place in the shell, it seemed wasteful to make a general-purpose routine for them.

Asian wrote:
I don't know if this is because of Doors CS 8 RC2, but I was out of everything, just regular home screen, then did RecallPic (without being in the graph screen) and my RAM reset. Sad I lost 1 game. . . and you need to make it so that while you're at the "huge warning screen" the calc can auto turn off cause even though it's mostly my fault my calc battery drained 75% after staying on for an hour Sad.
I'm inclined to think that the former bug is not Doors CSE's fault, but please try to replicate it. For the latter problem, the warning isn't present in final releases, so we don't need to worry about that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours