*sigh* Guys, why are you so intent on driving away n00bs. Sad
Sorry Kerm. It's just not a friendly enviroment. Maybe I'll come back after I'm de-n00bized.
That sounds like a plan. And yes, gotos inside loops/ IfThens is an extremely noobish thing. Razz
KermMartian wrote:

Foamy's a noob (sorry to use you as an example foamy) and no one's driving him out

I reject all n00bs who are any of the following:

1) illiterate
2) act like they are/will be god's-gift-to-calculators
3) pretend to ask for advice, yet when they get an answer they don't like, they pout (for example, i suggested he post his code and asked for help removing the labels, then the examples are tailered exactly to his needs - this was rejected for unknown reasons)
I must that seeming illiteracy uberannoys me as well.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Foamy's a noob (sorry to use you as an example foamy) and no one's driving him out

I reject all n00bs who are any of the following:

1) illiterate
2) act like they are/will be god's-gift-to-calculators
3) pretend to ask for advice, yet when they get an answer they don't like, they pout (for example, I suggested he post his code and asked for help removing the labels, then the examples are tailered exactly to his needs - this was rejected for unknown reasons)

4) want people to feel sorry for themselves when people had good reason for acting like they did.
Even you had fairly sucky grammar when you first got here, and you've gotten much, much better. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Even you had fairly sucky grammar when you first got here, and you've gotten much, much better. Smile

who, me?
No, the person whom my post was after, Something1990.
KermMartian wrote:
No, the person whom my post was after, Something1990.

My grammar was not abyssmal. I will look through my posts right now.
It wasn't abysmal (Very Happy), but it wasn't awesome either.
It might not have been abyssmal, but it certainly was not fairly sucky.
something1990 wrote:
It might not have been abyssmal, but it certainly was not fairly sucky.

i remember it as fairly sucky....
Maybe you are just imagining things, but I don't see any change in grammar style and usage from my first post through today. Really I haven't learned anything new grammar-wise, considering in English class the majority still has trouble with pronouns...
Hehe, I know, the people on this site have a cumulative IQ that's unusually high. Smile
How do you know? Have all the members taken IQ tests and compared results?
Umm, I'm just guessing...
its more what we do....
true, we tend to be a smart group of people here
Exactly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours