It's not really a bug so much as me just not bothering to make the arrow keys correspond to specific characters. If you want to press the arrow keys and make your file/folder names contain weird characters, that's not going to really break anything, so I can't think of a great reason not to allow it.
You are psychic! The Arrow Keys was my question.

Also, would it be possible to add a folder with 'paper in it to indicate that there are programs in the folder?
What if there were a sendto function, like right click, and send to an existing folder? Little easier than copy/paste I think.
CalcKid:
...what? would you mind explaining what exactly you are talking about? i beleive Kerm uses the FolderSave Appvar to tell where programs go (just guessing), and if the folder is empty it has nothing. kind of like if you used a tree command in DOS.

16aroth:
because then the program would have to look through its folder listings and return the results and its a bit out of kerms expectations for DCSE8. dont worry, if you want it, it may appear. but not right now.
I do believe he is asking for an icon that would be slightly different to show that the folder has files inside of it, kind of like Vista+ offered.
oh, that makes sense, and sounds like a nifty feature, too. regarding size and current routines, is this something that could be implemented though? does DCSE8 even check folders before it loads (other than name)?
Do you guys just have empty folders everywhere or what?
I think Doors CSE should copy Microsoft Windows.
Ephraim B wrote:

Even the bugs? Shock
Ephraim B wrote:

Your shell can copy Microsoft Windows, if that's what you would like it to look and act like. KermM's shell can look and act like what he would like it to look and act like. I personally think it's great that it has its own identity, one partially shared with the Cemetech site itself (also made by KermM, and also looks and acts like what KermM would like it to look and act like). It's fully usable as-is for me without needing to masquerade as something it isn't.
Runer112 wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:

Your shell can copy Microsoft Windows, if that's what you would like it to look and act like. KermM's shell can look and act like what he would like it to look and act like. I personally think it's great that it has its own identity, one partially shared with the Cemetech site itself (also made by KermM, and also looks and acts like what KermM would like it to look and act like). It's fully usable as-is for me without needing to masquerade as something it isn't.

I agree. And I also agree that it shouldn't copy Windows, Linux, or anything else directly. It wont stand out as unique. Also, if it copied Windows, too many people would expect it to act more and more like Windows as time goes on. And a good majority of features in Windows just wouldnt be feasable on a calculator.

I applaud Kerm for his work on DCS, its great. Needs tweaking, but by far the most stable and useful shell I have ever used on a calculator.
tifreak8x wrote:
I do believe he is asking for an icon that would be slightly different to show that the folder has files inside of it, kind of like Vista+ offered.
While this is possible, I'm not willing to accept the overhead required to implement this (an O(n) operation becomes an O(n^2) operation), because instead of iterating through the VAT displaying programs, you now have to iterate through the VAT an entire time looking for whether a folder has programs for every folder in the VAT.

Runer112 wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:

Well said, sir; thank you. BlackOnyx: And to you as well.

Release Candidate 2 is ready, and I'll be releasing it in a few minutes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours