I agree with comic on this one, I think it could be beneficial to both servers in terms of traffic and cost. I think that have the two servers merge would be great for the cemetech community. fiorst it would bring people who would come to my server onto cemetech, broadening our userbase. And second the users from cemetech would also create some traffic for my server, making it more popular. So I think that this could be great for both cemetech and the cemetech minecraft server.

As to answer comics question about the sigs, yes it would be prefixed at the end of chat but you would have to specify for it to appear. This would be more for some sort of an ad (like if you were selling your plot or if you wanted to trade). Of course people would have to keep it short (I can add a character limit, probably like 10-15 chars). Also you could use the sigs add ending characters to your to your messages, like if you wanted to always end with a period or an exclamation point. But if you guys just want the prefixes ant the nicknames you can tell me and I can remove that part of it.
maybe a special block where you can input ads for shopping, and a second block that shows all ads from the last x hours/minutes. kind of like a tv of text. if you have access to special block plugins.

i dont neccesarily agree with adding sigs to chat, though, since

1. cemetech MC tends to have less people on it
1.5. some people dont even look at chat on cemetech (me included)
2. they might (and likely will) become a nusiance.
Unfortunately I cant create new blocks but I can add a command that could display all ads within a certain category (these ads would be added by another command). I could add also add a command to bind the ads to a block.
Tell me which one and I can program it!
hmm. well, you want it to be a block that is useless, or maybe!!!
you could do something real fancy like bind it to a structure.

more on the MCTV: simply get a structure like this and overwrite areas in it, or forget the innards and do something similar to a nether portal. im trying to think new, because few MCBlocks are useless.
MCTV Idea:

just build a couple of these and place them in the marketplace. not sure how it might affect the RPG, if it is set in a "past" time.

OR you could make it circle an empty planter, but then people might greif by putting junk in to the thing...
Well I went ahead an programmed it with the command style display I was talking about, it looks good and works well. The reason I went with the command style display is because I wanted to do something people would be familiar with. The syntax is pretty simple so the commands wont be that hard to learn.

here are the commands:

Code:

Ads:

!adbot ads make <category> <UID> <name> <description>
!adbot ads list <category>
!adbot ads view <category> <UID>

Petitions (polls):

!adbot petitions make <UID> <name> <description> <option 1> <option 2> <option 3>
!adbot petitions list
!adbot petitions view <UID>
!adbot petitions vote <UID> <option #>

PS. You'll notice that it says !adbot that because its technically a bot since it doesn't hook into the command system.
Hey Kerm what if we could connect the servers using BungeeCord. That way we could combine our servers with out having to merge them. this would allow for the people to choose a server with a command. therefor allowing for quick transitions.
spud2451 wrote:
Hey Kerm what if we could connect the servers using BungeeCord. That way we could combine our servers with out having to merge them. this would allow for the people to choose a server with a command. therefor allowing for quick transitions.

The decision to not merge the servers is firm.
it wasn't really meant to be a merge as more of a partnership i was thinking like promoting each other but not really merging.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours