Chaldron: I'm afraid I still can't replicate it. Please download the latest beta from the same link (check that it's Build 1153), and if you can still replicate it, please send me those exact programs. Smile Thanks for the great bug report!
Oops! NOT a DCS problem!

Hopefully i will have time tomorrow to finalise more problem xLIB code. Then i can stress test it.
KermMartian wrote:
Chaldron: I'm afraid I still can't replicate it. Please download the latest beta from the same link (check that it's Build 1153), and if you can still replicate it, please send me those exact programs. Smile Thanks for the great bug report!

Unfortunately, I do not have my calculator on me right now. Left it at school Sad. As soon as I get my hands on it I'll download the beta (I do believe i upgraded to b4) and test again.

Thanks for your hard work!
can anyone give me an update for the status on the candidate release? I need to know so I waste my laptop battery waiting.
It gets posted when it does, just check back here later tonight. I'd say if it isn't up before 9pm EST, it probably will be held back for another day this week.
thanks tifreak Im excited for it
Just confirming that with the latest version of beta 4, Spaze Invaders is functioning properly, using a full DCSE 8 header and the half-res mode flag.

Are there any specific ASM-related things you'd like me to attempt to stress test, Kerm? I should have some spare time tonight after work Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Confirmed Facets of Classic/MathPrint Bug:
- BASIC programs that switch into CLASSIC mode have malfunctioning Prompt and Input commands and subsequently crash.
- APOLYFAC program disappears when edited after an ON-Break.
- VAT corruption after editing ADEMO from OS program menu -> To replicate: create program that sets CLASSIC mode, and run it from DCSE desktop. -> VAT gets corrupted in general with BASIC programs that set CLASSIC mode run from the DCSE desktop
So BrandonW generously spent from midnight to 5am with me last night working on this, and with a great deal of reverse-engineering, tracing, and testing, we found that the OS has a bug that causes it to trash one of the memory locations that stores the current cursor row. The cxPPutAway vector for the homecreen (the cxCmd context) masks this issue by resetting the corrupted memory location before it breaks anything. We're currently working on ways to make the cxCmd cxPPutAway vector get hit from Doors CSE as well without making the fix too specific to this bug. It's a doozy.

JamesV wrote:
Just confirming that with the latest version of beta 4, Spaze Invaders is functioning properly, using a full DCSE 8 header and the half-res mode flag.

Are there any specific ASM-related things you'd like me to attempt to stress test, Kerm? I should have some spare time tonight after work Smile
That's great, glad to hear it! I can't think of anything specific; just general use of my routines. The sprite routines are complete now, so I'll document them, and if you feel like trying out some of the sprite and other routines for your game, that would be cool. I understand completely if you have special routines you need to use for your game, of course.

Edit:

Confirmed Bugs
None

Unconfirmed Bugs
- Folder name corruption issue

Repaired
- Half of Type 0 DCS ASM program icons are missing. -> Force 32x32 for all icons
- Related: 'CLASSIC \ Input "HELLO"' crashes after 2:Goto editing when run from the Homescreen -> Tentatively resolved, incorrectly assumed CmdShadow values would be intact after editing, definitely not the case in CLASSIC mode. Fun fact: it appears that MathPrint mode doesn't use the CmdShadow/TxtShadow buffers (?!).
- BASIC editor doesn't work properly in CLASSIC mode (with or without DCSE hooks?) -> The BASIC editor was glitchy in CLASSIC mode; see previous item for the reason why. Believed fixed.
- Running editor in CLASSIC mode from DCSE desktop drops you in invalid folder / leads to corrupted settings -> Fixed by changing where the system restarts after editing.
- InfoPop freezes on certain DCS ASM programs when displaying description if program is in Archive -> CurROMPage was getting trashed
- Corruption, freezing, and crashing on CLASSIC or MATHPRINT tokens when changing mode, if the program was launched from the Doors CSE desktop rather than from the homescreen via HomeRun. This has been solved via about 20 (nearly-contiguous) hours of debugging and tracing, and with the tireless and expert help of BrandonW. It turns out the OS has a serious bug that corrupts an important memory address, but other OS behavior masks the bug. We tried many possible ways to work around the issue, ending up with a solution that works but is very specific to the problem (a suboptimal solution). I urge my Release Candidate testers to test programs that use the CLASSIC and MATHPRINT tokens to switch modes.
- Adjusted battery icon placement to be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Fixed program name display of hidden BASIC programs in enhanced BASIC editor
- Added Patrick Prendergast to About menu, fixed spacing
- Changed version to Release Candidate 1
pleas pm me the files
mrslenderman wrote:
pleas pm me the files
As repeatedly stated, Release Candidate 1 will be publicly released on the forum, probably in about 15 minutes.
when did you post that Kerm? EST?
Calm down, he will post it for download when he gets the time. I know KermM has a pretty busy schedule, and commemorate him on his ability to juggle calculator programming in the mix.
Doors CSE will be here very soon, and asking for the download won't make it appear sooner. We are all anxious to use the best shell out there (including for the Ti-84 family), great work KermM and can't wait for it! Especially for xLib! Thanks to tr1p1ea for his work on that.
Edit: and it's here!!!
zeldaking wrote:
Calm down, he will post it for download when he gets the time. I know KermM has a pretty busy schedule, and commemorate him on his ability to juggle calculator programming in the mix.
Doors CSE will be here very soon, and asking for the download won't make it appear sooner. We are all anxious to use the best shell out there (including for the Ti-84 family), great work KermM and can't wait for it! Especially for xLib! Thanks to tr1p1ea for his work on that.
Edit: and it's here!!!
Thanks, I do indeed have an insane schedule. Thanks for the support.

Please continue all discussion in the Doors CSE 8.0 Release Candidate 1 topic.
add a CAS program Smile
I doubt a CAS setup will ever make it into DCSE, you'll just have to make your own or convince an asm programmer to make one. And as complex as I've heard they are, that wouldn't be easy either.
Asian wrote:
add a CAS program Smile
Or to simplify what tifreak said: No.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours