I would like to be a beta tester. I have a ti-84+ cse that I got out of the box 2 minutes ago lol.
Roxas240 wrote:
I would like to be a beta tester. I have a ti-84+ cse that I got out of the box 2 minutes ago 0x5.
Thank you for offering! Can you wait until Monday, when I plan to release a public Release Candidate? Smile I need to write and test some sprite routines for ASM programmers.
One thing I found is that sometimes I run a program, and then I exit it. and then sometimes it will say there is an error in the code (not doors CS) but the program Im running, and then even if the programs are archived, it will say they are deleted, and even if i go out of DoorsCS, it still says the programs are gone

and one time it even changed all my progams to gibberish and there were like 75 programs, even though I only have 10 on my calc
Jordaneer wrote:
One thing I found is that sometimes I run a program, and then I exit it. and then sometimes it will say there is an error in the code (not doors CS) but the program Im running, and then even if the programs are archived, it will say they are deleted, and even if i go out of DoorsCS, it still says the programs are gone
Can you please try with the latest beta (check your PM inbox) and give me more precise steps to replicate this? In other words, what program causes the error? What current build number do you have (in the About screen)?
KermMartian wrote:
Jordaneer wrote:
Can you please try with the latest beta (check your PM inbox) and give me more precise steps to replicate this? In other words, what program causes the error? What current build number do you have (in the About screen)?

Im using Beta 4 build 974
I was running Quadform, link at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/84pluscse/basic/math/quadform.8xp.zip
and I put in an irrational one that didn't work for the program, then I said goto error, and then when I came back into doorsCS it had deleted some of my programs, I don't think it cleared the RAM and I know the programs were all archived.[/url]
Jordaneer wrote:
I was running Quadform, link at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/84pluscse/basic/math/quadform.8xp.zip
and I put in an irrational one that didn't work for the program, then I said goto error, and then when I came back into doorsCS it had deleted some of my programs, I don't think it cleared the RAM and I know the programs were all archived.[/url]
Excellent, thanks for those details. That sounds like VAT corruption to me; if you reset your RAM, your programs will return. Can you please download a new version from the same link (it should be about build 1060 or so) and try to replicate the bug? I just tried, and I didn't have any success. Everything seemed to work properly, whether QUADFORM was in RAM or Archive. I tried the following:
1) Ran Quadform.
2) Typed A=1, B=10, C=100
3) At the error, chose 2:Goto, then pressed [2nd][QUIT]
KermMartian wrote:
Jordaneer wrote:
Excellent, thanks for those details. That sounds like VAT corruption to me; if you reset your RAM, your programs will return. Can you please download a new version from the same link (it should be about build 1060 or so) and try to replicate the bug? I just tried, and I didn't have any success. Everything seemed to work properly, whether QUADFORM was in RAM or Archive. I tried the following:
1) Ran Quadform.
2) Typed A=1, B=10, C=100
3) At the error, chose 2:Goto, then pressed [2nd][QUIT]

Okay, Kerm I actually said the wrong program becuase this happened a few hours ago, I didn't realize it, but it happened again just now, I actually used APOLYFAC at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/84pluscse/basic/math/polyfactor.zip and then I put in x=1, constant equals 1
then I tried to quit the program, it didn't, said error 512, and then it goes torwards the end and it says on the line
:Pause
then i go back to DoorsCS and its not there
it doesn't even show up in TI Connect or the Program on the ti-84 cse list and I know it was archived
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I named two folders "UTIL" and "GAMES" and I put some programs in each. After quitting DoorsCSE, and going back into it, the folders now have a little symbol as their name. It's this but thicker: -
Jordaneer wrote:
Okay, Kerm I actually said the wrong program becuase this happened a few hours ago, I didn't realize it, but it happened again just now, I actually used APOLYFAC at http://www.ticalc.org/pub/84pluscse/basic/math/polyfactor.zip and then I put in x=1, constant equals 1
then I tried to quit the program, it didn't, said error 512, and then it goes torwards the end and it says on the line
it doesn't even show up in TI Connect or the Program on the ti-84 cse list and I know it was archived
Interesting, thanks for bringing this up. I actually get the program to immediately crash when I type 1 for D, to my great surprise. I'll try to track this down. Your report led me to two bugs that I will definitely have to fix. Thanks for this!

Chaldron wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I named two folders "UTIL" and "GAMES" and I put some programs in each. After quitting DoorsCSE, and going back into it, the folders now have a little symbol as their name. It's this but thicker: -
I haven't seen this bug either. Could you please test with the latest beta (see your PM inbox) and give me precise steps to replicate this?

Confirmed Bugs:
- BASIC programs that switch into CLASSIC mode have malfunctioning Prompt and Input commands and subsequently crash.
- APOLYFAC program disappears when edited after an ON-Break.
When I press [CLEAR] in ADEMO (xLIB demo) I get Error # 514 (Syntax) at real(0,1, as it seems to've put a "^" at the end of it. It doesn't appear to be in the program otherwise.
I would REALLY like to beta test doors and i wouldnt give it to friends cause only one of my friends has a color calc.
i to would like to beta test asap please
A release candidate will be available sometime Monday, if things go well. You'll be able to get a copy then.
merthsoft wrote:
When I press [CLEAR] in ADEMO (xLIB demo) I get Error # 514 (Syntax) at real(0,1, as it seems to've put a "^" at the end of it. It doesn't appear to be in the program otherwise.
So far I haven't been able to replicate this, but I'll keep working on it.

AshBob5000 wrote:
I would REALLY like to beta test doors and i wouldnt give it to friends cause only one of my friends has a color calc.
mrslenderman wrote:
i to would like to beta test asap please
As tifreak8x wisely said, the next available version will be a Release Candidate on Monday. Check back then!

Confirmed Facets of Classic/MathPrint Bug:
- BASIC programs that switch into CLASSIC mode have malfunctioning Prompt and Input commands and subsequently crash.
- Related: 'CLASSIC \ Input "HELLO"' crashes after 2:Goto editing when run from the Homescreen
- VAT corruption after editing ADEMO from OS program menu -> To replicate: create program that sets CLASSIC mode, and run it from DCSE desktop. -> VAT gets corrupted in general with BASIC programs that set CLASSIC mode run from the DCSE desktop

Confirmed Bugs:
- InfoPop freezes on certain DCS ASM programs when displaying description
- Find where the real/complex mode gets sent to something weird (specifically, R0x8B30 = 0x00)

Unconfirmed Bugs:
- BASIC editor doesn't work properly in CLASSIC mode (with or without DCSE hooks?)
- Copy length error when creating temporary BASIC programs, a la Merthsoft's report with ADEMO

Repaired
- Half of Type 0 DCS ASM program icons are missing. -> Force 32x32 for all icons

Edit: Sprite routines:
- 1-Bit: 32x32 drawn 288 times in 2.7 seconds. 0.009 sec per sprite, or (on average) 9μs per pixel. Full-screen tile of 32x32 1-bit sprites in 0.7 seconds. ~135 clocks per pixel.
- 2-Bit: 72x72 drawn 248 times in 12.3 seconds. 0.05 sec per sprite, or (on average) 9.57μs per pixel. Full-screen tile of 72x72 2-bit sprites in 0.73 seconds. ~144 clocks per pixel.
- 4-Bit: 30x64 drawn 290 times in 5.6 seconds. 0.019 sec per sprite, or (on average) 10.05μs per pixel. Full-screen tile of 30x64 4-bit sprites in 0.77 seconds. ~151 clocks per pixel.
- 4-Bit with 2x magnification: 30x64 (real size 60x128) drawn 260 times in 12.9 seconds. 0.050 sec per sprite, or (on average) 6.46μs per pixel. Full-screen tile of 30x64 4-bit sprites with 2x magnification in 0.50 seconds. ~97 clocks per pixel.

when on Monday? just wonderin what time range to check
Look in the evening, would be the best time to see if anything was posted.
As you can see, I am struggling with probably-interrelated TI-BASIC execution and editing bugs stemming from MathPrint and Classic mode.

Confirmed Facets of Classic/MathPrint Bug:
- VAT corruption after editing ADEMO from OS program menu -> To replicate: create program that sets CLASSIC mode, and run it from DCSE desktop. -> VAT gets corrupted in general with BASIC programs that set CLASSIC mode run from the DCSE desktop

Confirmed Bugs:
- Find where the real/complex mode gets sent to something weird (specifically, R0x8B30 = 0x00)

Unconfirmed Bugs:
- Copy length error when creating temporary BASIC programs, a la Merthsoft's report with ADEMO
- Random brightness changes, possibly part of RAM corruption due to Classic/MathPrint issues.

Repaired
- Half of Type 0 DCS ASM program icons are missing. -> Force 32x32 for all icons
- Related: 'CLASSIC \ Input "HELLO"' crashes after 2:Goto editing when run from the Homescreen -> Tentatively resolved, incorrectly assumed CmdShadow values would be intact after editing, definitely not the case in CLASSIC mode. Fun fact: it appears that MathPrint mode doesn't use the CmdShadow/TxtShadow buffers (?!).
- BASIC editor doesn't work properly in CLASSIC mode (with or without DCSE hooks?) -> The BASIC editor was glitchy in CLASSIC mode; see previous item for the reason why. Believed fixed.
- Running editor in CLASSIC mode from DCSE desktop drops you in invalid folder / leads to corrupted settings -> Fixed by changing where the system restarts after editing.
- InfoPop freezes on certain DCS ASM programs when displaying description if program is in Archive -> CurROMPage was getting trashed

To Do
- Turn Frogger v3.0 into a hybrid BASIC Frogger v4.0 using C2CSE sprites.
- Ask RC1 testers to test editing BASIC programs and running BASIC programs in Classic and MathPrint modes, and have them check programs that switch between CLASSIC and MATHPRINT mid-program
- Ask RC1 testers to thoroughly test all program editing of unarchived and archived programs, as well as any bugs and side effects of 2:Goto.
I would be cautious about calling the ADEMO issue a bug, i think my webhost might have corrupted some files in that archive so it might be a DCS problem after all.
tr1p1ea wrote:
I would be cautious about calling the ADEMO issue a bug, i think my webhost might have corrupted some files in that archive so it might be a DCS problem after all.
*Might not be a DCS problem, you mean? Hopefully Merthsoft can clarify what conditions it happens in, and if it still occurs with a newly un-corrupted version.
KermMartian wrote:
Jordaneer wrote:
Interesting, thanks for bringing this up. I actually get the program to immediately crash when I type 1 for D, to my great surprise. I'll try to track this down. Your report led me to two bugs that I will definitely have to fix. Thanks for this!

Chaldron wrote:
I haven't seen this bug either. Could you please test with the latest beta (see your PM inbox) and give me precise steps to replicate this?

Confirmed Bugs:

Yup, this was on the latest beta (4) that you sent me.

1. Make 2 folders. Name the first one "GAMES" and the second one "UTIL"

2. Put some programs in each. (If you can't replicate it, I'll send you the exact programs I am using)

3. Go into DCSE home and press clear, so it quits.

4. Go back into DoorsCSE, the folder names should now be changed.

-I tried a RAM Reset

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours