Hi,

I have wired up an Arduino display to the beaglebone (SSD1289 in LIDD mode).

I have also applied the patches to kernel 3.2.42 and managed to boot. I am using a filesystem from TI and have built the kernel using openembedded.

Everything seems fine. Kernel boots, I see a penquin on the splash screen, and an then greeted by the login screen on my TFT. Plugging a keyboard into beaglebone allows me to login and browse the filesystem etc. However, when I try and run a program which wants to draw to /dev/fb0 nothing happens

I see the following text, but no image on the screen.

"The framebuffer device was opened successfully.
240x320, 16bpp
The framebuffer device was mapped to memory successfully."

From what I understand the fact that I am seeing text on my TFT is no different than graphics i.e. my framebuffer must be working (assuming that this text mode is using the framebuffer).

Any ideas why writing to /dev/fb0 has no effect? Are there maybe missing ioctls in the patch which still need to be implmemented?

Thanks

Kind regards
Graeme

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours