Decided to go ahead and make general tso's chicken and fried rice today. Took a long time but came out wonderful (sure did get the chicken to be soft). Must have been 1-1.5 hours for that.

(Sorry for the potato quality of the image)

Overcooked the rice a bit, but no harm done there. Threw in water chestnuts after thickening up the sauce, well worth it.

Side effects include lots of dishes, great smells, and leftovers.
That looks very scrumptious indeed!
Nice stuff.
Oh man, can I get your recipe? I love that stuff Very Happy
Decided to combine a couple of items for a quick supper tonight
1 package of cheddar and broccoli rice packet
1 10 ounce can of chicken breast, drained

Just added the chicken breast in while cooking the rice, and added a couple of slices of cheese in at the last 2 minutes of simmering. Turned out pretty darned good Smile
Decided to do something that wasn't boring this weekend, so I made an imitation of bonefish grill's bang-bang shrimp tacos, with radishes and eggdrop soup on the side:

Deep-fried shrimp coated in a mayo, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce mix (used Sriracha mayo instead, a bit more spicy, but had everything ready to go), served as a taco with lettuce, quite crunchy. Made eggdrop soup, although I'd like to find a way to make it better. Radishes included for scale as I lacked bananas.

Fortunately I have leftovers from this, will probably make fried rice to go with it. Maybe a cake afterwards...
I decided to make some falafel burgers yesterday and I must say, they turned out very well.

I think they may have needed a bit more salt, but that was kinda counteracted by a drizzling of sweet chilli sauce.

Recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5605/falafel-burgers
AHelper wrote:
Decided to do something that wasn't boring this weekend, so I made an imitation of bonefish grill's bang-bang shrimp tacos, with radishes and eggdrop soup on the side:

Deep-fried shrimp coated in a mayo, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce mix (used Sriracha mayo instead, a bit more spicy, but had everything ready to go), served as a taco with lettuce, quite crunchy. Made eggdrop soup, although I'd like to find a way to make it better. Radishes included for scale as I lacked bananas.

Fortunately I have leftovers from this, will probably make fried rice to go with it. Maybe a cake afterwards...

That looks delicious Smile
Very Happy They were pretty good, although I would have liked the sauce sweeter. I just made the shrimp again, but with angel hair pasta instead of as tacos. I now have a quite large pile of deep-fried shrimp that I'll have to finish off later in the week.
Homemade icecream (green tea + rocky road):

Untitled by elfprince13, on Flickr

sous-vide BBQ brisket tacos with radish/cabbage/carrot-slaw, and homemade tortillas:

fried potatoes, bourbon/hard-cider cocktail, and pork chop with maple/apple-butter sauce (with stir-fried onions, cinnamon, and a hint of mustard):

A notipizza!
I made some chili/cocoa bread:

It's a proper yeast bread, and savory, not sweet. Delicious for toast, sandwiches, or just eating plain with a glass of milk.

A fine example of notipizza.

And its younger brother, notipizza jr. Banana for scale.

One of my favorite things to cook are burgers. Here is a method that I used once and provided good results.

Take some bacon and fry it in a pan. Smash up the bacon and get a fairly large lump of ground beef. Next, chop up onions, you can either fry them in the bacon grease or put them with the ground beef raw. Add in salt, pepper, garlic, and whatever else. Knead all the ingrediants together. Fry in the bacon grease. Put on (toasted?) bun, add cheese and whatever else. Possibly more bacon. It may be tricky to cook the burger without burning the ingredient s inside, but I was able to do it.

This probably isn't healthy Smile eat responsibly.
Frozen raspberries + Chocolate shell =

intriguing.
Today we decided to make piggies! (Stuffed cabbage)

Here they are rolled and ready to get put in the pot!

And here they are in the delicious sauce getting ready to simmer for 2 hours to cook! Can't wait till they are finished.

Edit: Also not being mean or anything but until i read the caption i could have sworn those raspberries were like raw chop meat or something first >.>
I decided to make some cornbread and corn muffins today:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours