Bisquik is good to have for all around stuff, pancakes, biscuits, whatever.
Homemade apple pie made with hand-picked apples:
merthsoft wrote:
Homemade apple pie made with hand-picked apples

That looks soooo delicious!

I can cook, but nothing too special. My gift is eating. I once ate 3 chicken parmigianas (complete with sides of fries and salad) in one sitting. I'm not sure if that's something to be proud or ashamed of, but I felt it was worth mentioning seeing as we're on the topic of food Razz (Disclaimer: I didn't cook this)

Best scrambled eggs I have ever eaten are my moms. Here's how. It might sound sort of odd but trust me it is good.
Ingredients:
---------------
Eggs - however many you want. Three is a good breakfast portion.
Rice - cooked, every man himself. If you want hardy more rice.
Ketchup - that stuff over in your fridge
Cheese - I personally use Cheddar, but it is up to you.

How to:
----------
Whisk your eggs in a bowl, after cracking and discarding shells.
Add a little milk, this makes the eggs more fluffy.
Cook eggs like scrambled eggs.
Meanwhile "in a microwave safe" bowl. Okay I don't care what you use.
Warm the rice up, add ketchup and stir.
Make sure you don't use too much ketchup.
Just enough for rice to turn pink/red. But it is your call.
Dump that into your eggs.
Cook all together.
Add as much cheese as you want. Shredded melts it faster but who cares.

Eat.
Wow! Just checked on this thread. Loving the images of all the nice food Smile - nice work guys.

I made leek and potato soup on a gas stove outdoors with my friend. Extremely tasty, though it was more of a broth with chunky pieces of veg. Still very tasty and warming, nonetheless. Yummy.
[quote="merthsoft"]Homemade apple pie made with hand-picked apples

My dad made one, with apples from my tree!
It was amazing. Especially with some vanilia Ice cream.
for all who dont like the normal taste of milk, brighten things up by making it taste like a milkshake! just follow these simple steps:

1: pour yourself a glass of milk

2: drip in 3-5 drops of vanilla

3: add 1-2 small spoons of suger

4: Stir and Serve!
As far as beverages go, my apartmentmate and I decided to make our own hard cider.

Left over high-yeast stuff from the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully we can use it to start our next batch without having to buy more yeast!

Photo504 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Pictures of the actual resulting (3 gallons of) cider:

Photo505 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo506 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo507 by elfprince13, on Flickr
Made with an experiment of sorts tonight.

2 packs of Butter flavored noodles/sauce mix
1 can of mushrooms bits and pieces, drained
2 cans of tuna, drained

Just followed the instructions to make the noodles. Boiled the water, dumped in all the ingredients and boiled for a bit while stirring occasionally until the noodles were done. Tasted pretty good, for what it was. Cheap supper for a couple nights, anyways. Smile
I just finished off a huge pot of massaman curry. Cheap, easy, and easily 4 meals. 1 can of coconut milk ($2.50 at an ethnic market, $4.00 at an American grocer), some chicken, taters, onions, little water, and 4tbsps of Maesri's massaman curry paste ($2.50 for enough to make at least 5 pots worth at my local Thai market). Throw it all together and let cook for 30 - 35 minutes depending on how tender you like it. Sprinkle peanuts on top if that's your thing (or throw in carrot chunks with the taters and onions), and a make a little rice for the side.
Taters? What's a tater?
Potato. Po..Tay..Toe. You mash em, bake em, stick em in a stew.
Sorry. Had to get that out of me.
Curry sounds really good. I might try that variant out, I usually use a curry packet that has all the spices etc.
zeldaking wrote:
Taters? What's a tater?
Potato. Po..Tay..Toe. You mash em, bake em, stick em in a stew.
Sorry. Had to get that out of me.
Curry sounds really good. I might try that variant out, I usually use a curry packet that has all the spices etc.

Massaman curry is amazingly delicious. And the paste is the way to go unless you have your own pestle and a lot of free time Wink
I'm not one to post pictures, but here's the best chocolate cake recipe EVER!!! (It's a family recipe, and in case you can't tell, I love to cook/bake)

Recipe: "Killer Cake"

Cake:

Hardware:

2 8" circular baking pans (2" height), greased and floured or lined with wax paper
Stand mixer
Assorted bowls (microwave-safe when necessary)
Standard measuring stuff, and anything else that may be necessary.

Ingredients:

6 eggs
3 C sugar
1.5 C flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz unsweetened chocolate (Bakers is the stuff we normally get)
1.5 sticks butter
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
Beat eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla
Melt unsweetened chocolate (not the chocolate chips) with butter, add to flour mixture
Add chocolate chips
Pour into pans and bake for 45 mins or until done (google it if you don't know how to check)

Let cool and frost with this recipe:

Recipe: "Killer Cake Frosting"

Hardware:

Read the directions and figure it out Razz

Ingredients:

1 C whipping cream
1 C sugar
5 oz unsweetened chocolate
10 tbsp butter

Instructions:

Bring cream and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly
Cook about 3-5 minutes more (should be thick)
Add chocolate and butter
Make sure it's one homogeneous mixture Razz
Refrigerate until spreadable

That's it! If you make it, please tell me what you think! Very Happy
Potato, kale, and sausage soup.
lots of potatoes (like 7 or Cool, 1 pound of sausage, a quart light cream and a pint of skim milk (the recipe called for a quart half-and-half and a pint of whole, but I needed to use the skim, so I approximated), and a pint of garlic-chicken broth. Plus 2 heaping cups of chopped kale (with the little rib up the back removed, but you can keep it if you like). Also, an onion and some garlic. Season to taste, but I used oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Cook the sausage first, add the garlic and onions all chopped up to fry with it near the end, then drain the grease, and add everything else but the kale. Boil (but not too hard) for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Then add the kale and simmer for another 15.

Photo515 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo516 by elfprince13, on Flickr
For those that like Tuna Helper, I mixed a box each of Creamy Broccoli, Tetrazzini, and Creamy Pasta.

Tasty combination Smile
Homemade Chocolate Pudding (with a little condensation):

Photo518 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Homemade Chocolate Pudding (in a bowl):

Photo519 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Courtney made apple hand-pies:

Photo520 by elfprince13, on Flickr

home-made hard-smoked salmon, from my Alaska trip:

Photo517 by elfprince13, on Flickr

out of the vacuum packing:

Photo522 by elfprince13, on Flickr

fried kohlrabi discs (interesting, but not worth repeating, unless you have kohlrabi that needs to be dealt with):

Photo523 by elfprince13, on Flickr
That salmon looks delicious! And so do those pies yummy!
Both definitely were.
Butternut Squash/Apple/Carrot soup. Mostly butternut squash but we needed to get rid of other stuff too.

Photo529 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Tried to make squash beer-bread to deal with the excess squash. Something went wrong and we got squash flavored glue instead.

Photo530 by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo531 by elfprince13, on Flickr

We also roasted the seeds with chili powder + salt + pepper + olive oil:

Photo528 by elfprince13, on Flickr

What follows is the making of 2/3 of my favorite sandwich (bacon, radish, and maple cream, but I'm missing the maple cream).

This is a watermelon radish. I'll be having a lot of sandwiches this week (normally I use small radishes, but my CSA gave me a watermelon radish and daikon radish, both of which are huge, daikon will be used elsewhere):

Photo533a by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo534a by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo535a by elfprince13, on Flickr

Enter the bacon:

Photo536a by elfprince13, on Flickr

Photo537a by elfprince13, on Flickr

Also, leftover bacon grease means I made bacon-flavored biscuits for breakfast and ate them with honey and butter.

Photo538 by elfprince13, on Flickr
This all looks amazing, elfprince, thanks for sharing. As we were discussing on IRC, I'm just sad for your sake that you didn't have some maple syrup to add to those biscuits. For some reason I think maple-bacon things are particularly amazing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours