I made apple crisp today because we had a bunch of apples from friends' trees

Well, I haven't made this today, but I thought I would just share that with you:

A sort of very simple, fast and delicious Food (and probably not really healthy, but it is OK if you don't eat that every day).

- Some raw chicken meat (or in fact any other bird meat is fine)
- Some Rice
- Some vegetables that you feel might fit here
- And sweet & sour sauce (Something like this, although probably any will fit

Cut the meat into small pieces and fry it, boil the rice, mix it with the cut vegetables, serve and add the sauce. Then spread the fried meat pieces over it.

I don't have any pictures, as I mentioned above, I didn't do this right now. But it takes about 30 minutes all inclusive and is delicious afterwards, so give it a try Wink!
Made some honey/oat bread this weekend:

IMG_3516 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3521 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3522 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

And made a yummy dessert.
Took some plain greek yogurt, added cocoa powder + vanilla extract + sugar, then stirred in pomegranate:

Chocolate yogurt with pomegranate by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
Very nice! The bread and the desserts both look excellent. I did a bit of cooking in Vermont this past week, and although I don't have photos, here's what I made with my girlfriend:
  • Stuffed butternut squash, filled with Israeli couscous, raisins, toasted walnuts, shredded spicy Italian sausage, and assorted spices.
  • Traditional Greek pastitsio, a sort of baked casserole hybrid of lasagna and macaroni and cheese. Soooo much cheese. The recipe calls for almost 2 pounds of cheese, but we stuck with 1 pound, and it was excellent.
  • Bacon-scallion noodles. A Chinese-ish dish made with the scallions sauteed in the bacon fat.
  • Basil-spinach linguine with kale, Italian sausage, and vodka sauce.
  • Red cabbage with garlic and bratwurst.
I feel like I may have had the butternut squash dish before, it sounds familiar. You should ask the girlfriend to make her clove-y curry recipe next time you're in VT.

The bacon-scallion noodles remind me of a fateful dining excursion in NYC with you, haha.
elfprince13 wrote:
I feel like I may have had the butternut squash dish before, it sounds familiar. You should ask the girlfriend to make her clove-y curry recipe next time you're in VT.
That's a great idea! The stuffing for the squash included cinnamon, cloves, and allspice (three of the four apple cider spices!) so I can see that connection. I bet it's delicious. I was privileged to get to try her chocolate chili recipe a visit or two ago.

Quote:
The bacon-scallion noodles remind me of a fateful dining excursion in NYC with you, haha.
Haha, I made that same connection. I feel like I want to go have that dish myself at some point, in fact... Wink
Rocky Road. Took less than 10 minutes to make, not including the refrigeration time. It's just a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips and a stick of butter melted in the microwave for 4 minutes on 70% power, then mixed while folding in the marshmallows. Then spread into a pan and refrigerated. Really easy to make Smile

One of my most favorite things to cook is pepper stew.

You take some potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and some green beans, and throw them together in a slow cooker. After that, wait for a period of time (I never keep track, just use my gut feeling), and then serve it over rice.

Note: I don't cook a lot, so I don't know a lot. Which is why I did not give very detailed instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience made.
Yesterday we were baking cookies. I went for a new approach: can you guess what it is?

baking calculators! (this is not an actual baked calculator, just a cookie I shaped like a calc)

The resemblance is perfect, If I do say so myself.

(sorry about the large images. If it is a problem, i can shrink them...)
Very cool! If you're a twitter user, you should make sure TI sees that Smile

I've been doing some cooking too! For Thanksgiving, Courtney and I made a turkey!

IMG_3580 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

More recently, we made dumplings, and spring rolls and Vietnamese quick pickles.

IMG_3775 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3776 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3777 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3778 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3783 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3784 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3785 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
Made spicy dragon noodles tonight Smile I did add some turkey and broccoli, and I also had to multiply the recipe by 4 to feed enough people. It was amazing and had a very big and immediate kick, but the spice didn't last on my tongue for a while. Here's the recipe: http://www.foxvalleyfoodie.com/spicy-dragon-noodles/

sorry for potato quality image Razz
We made Crème brûlée

IMG_3823 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

and then because we had infinite leftover egg whites, we also made meringue cookies:

IMG_3832 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
Wow, creme brulee and meringue; very fancy indeed! I hope they were all very tasty.
First off, I made some homemade marshmallows!

And what are marshmallows without hot chocolate? (this is homemade mix, btw)

And tonight I made some pork fried rice because we had some leftover pork chops
Mmmm, molasses/gingerbread cake with cream-cheese/buttercream frosting.

IMG_3894 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3895 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3896 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3902 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

IMG_3904 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

Also, cranberry-orange-walnut muffins:

IMG_3918 by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr
Mmm, those look delicious! What was the occasion?
It was cold and baking warms up the house Wink
I think my sweet tooth just went into over drive looking at those photos - looks great, elfprince!

Here are some pizzas that my girlfriend and I made up the other night. I've made pizzas plenty of times before, but my presentation & imagination is always lacking. With Bec's help, these came out really nice Smile

Fun! Our usual pizzas to make at home are BBQ chicken (with BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce), regular old pesto, and sauceless pineapple + sausage (or sauceless pepperoni). I bring some amount of shame on my wife, because her family are Italian, and I can't eat tomato sauce.

Also, there's a delicious breakfast pizza I haven't made in a while, with creamcheese + apple sauce, and a walnut / brown sugar topping.
Tasty cake and ice cream (I made the cake with a mix):

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours