0%  [ 0 ]
This could be done easier if it were in C
 25%  [ 1 ]
This could be done easier if it were in Other
 50%  [ 2 ]
Im not sure about how this should work
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Yo guys... me again... in the process of building my GBA games n all, iv decided to start another project... This onell help quite a few out if i can get it to work right.... so cmon everyone that knows compiling languages(mainly Visual Basic (6.0 or .NET) but other versions MAY work)

now.... my project as u can see, is a compile Housing program that will allow the user to actively write multiple files at a time while autocompleting(ex is Visual Basics autocomplete on missed caps) and it should all be programming in C++....

My issue is that i really dont know how to execute DevKit's Make.bat files and i need it to run it... the file so far looks pretty gud... and i got it to save all files that one has... but my main issue like i said, is that i need Visual Basic to Execute a BAT file durring runtime...

Anyone who knows VB or a better language for this, please, help me out...
visual basic sucks - i hate it

but if you need to execute a bat file in C++, this should work perfectly...

Code:
System("batfilenamehere.bat")

System() is a built in function, nothing (if i remember right) needs to be included to use it
I think you need windows.h to use system();, but it does work the best for that kind of thing.

Visual Basic isn't all that horrible (personally, I HATE it), but it is a lot slower than C++. I'd just stick with C or C++.
JincS wrote:
I think you need windows.h to use system();, but it does work the best for that kind of thing.

no, it definitely doesn't require windows.h, i know that much
Really? I've never gotten it to work without windows.h. Must just be MinGW-specific then (for me).
well uc, i dont know of much on the lines of C/C++ in order to make windows and text boxes and what not, but if anyones willing to help, itd b very appreciated ^.^
Komak57 wrote:
well uc, I dont know of much on the lines of C/C++ in order to make windows and text boxes and what not, but if anyones willing to help, itd b very appreciated ^.^

If you were planning on doing it in VB, i'm going to assume you have visual studio

just use VS to make the GUI the same way you would w/ VB (only make it a C/C++ project instead of a visual basic project) - the form designer is the same for VB and VC++, so you should be right at home with that. The event handlers are somewhat different, but msdn.net should be able to help you with that.

Alternatively, if you really want to actually LEARN something, i'd suggest looking into a cross-platform GUI toolkit such as my personal favorite, wxWidgets - it also goes beyond just GUI's and has classes for threads, networking, zip support, file streams, etc...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours