Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Less than a year ago, Cemetech (via member 0rac343) discovered the existence of the color-screen TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. In the intervening months, we learned more about the calculator, got an early version of our own for a hands-on review, and have been working hard to create tons of games and educational programs for the TI-84+CSE. Today, I am happy to add one more program to that list: Tetric A, a color-screen Tetris game for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.

Tetric A is based on my Tetrizm game for the Casio Prizm. It is a full-featured Tetris game, complete with spiffy graphics, five different game modes, classic Tetris mechanics, and a high score system. You can play in standard Marathon mode, where you survive through increasingly-fast levels. You can play High Speed mode, which ups the ante by starting you on level 15. Touchdown mode gives you a board full of garbage pieces, which you must carefully clear. In Cascade mode, erasing lines can cause other lines to be created and erased, potentially leading to huge bonuses. Sadistic mode gives you all the pieces you could possibly want - except line pieces. Written in z80 assembly, Tetric A is fast, colorful, and fun.

You can download Tetric A from the link below. You might need to archive some of your larger programs, as it requires 8KB of RAM to run. No shell (like Doors CS) is required, but keep your eye out for a version of Doors CS that may be coming soon for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. And as always, keep your eyes on Cemetech for the latest and greatest TI-84+CSE software.

Download
Tetric A: Color Tetris

Very nice. Gameplay looks very smooth too. I can see this becoming quite a popular download in the lead up to the new school year.
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
Very nice. Gameplay looks very smooth too. I can see this becoming quite a popular download in the lead up to the new school year.
Thanks, I hope so! Yes, gameplay feels very smooth indeed on real devices to me. The small amount of flicker in the screenshot is the fault of jsTIfied's screenshotting subsystem, not the calculator itself.
Looks sweet =] to reach that speed, I guess you only clear sprites area, not the whole screen right ?
matrefeytontias wrote:
Looks sweet =] to reach that speed, I guess you only clear sprites area, not the whole screen right ?
Indeed, I am very judicious about what areas I clear, and when. All such games will be relatively fast, as Patrick Davidson demonstrated with Calcuzap, while games (or non-game programs, of course) that need to update the entire screen will do very poorly.
Looks great! Have you emailed ticalc.org to suggest a feature?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks great! Have you emailed ticalc.org to suggest a feature?
Thanks! It was on my to-do list, and thanks to your reminder, I now followed through.
I wholeheartedly agree with your color theme for this game (though i noticed a lack of maroon Razz). I also thought that the non-classic additions were nice.

once again, Kerm has released a really great program. i need to stop sitting around and release some of my own.
LuxenD wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with your color theme for this game (though i noticed a lack of maroon Razz). I also thought that the non-classic additions were nice.
It seemed reasonable to model it after Tetrizm to me, since that program had been very well-received. Porting from C to z80 ASM was non-trivial, but an enjoyable challenge nonetheless.

Quote:
once again, Kerm has released a really great program. i need to stop sitting around and release some of my own.
Thanks, I appreciate it, and good luck.
Cool, following in the footsteps of the 83 staple game zTetris? Smile
The next step is an HP Prime port Very Happy (assuming you don't mind coding in BASIC)
NanoWar wrote:
Cool, following in the footsteps of the 83 staple game zTetris? Smile
I will be honored if TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition users will grant Tetric A a fraction of the success that ZTris has enjoyed. Smile DJ_O: It sounds like TI-BASIC won't be a step down there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0

This needs to be the lead in for Tetric A.
tifreak8x wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0

This needs to be the lead in for Tetric A.
Luckily (or unluckily), Tetric A's piece-bag scheme means that you can't get more than two line pieces in a row, or more than 12 pieces between successive line pieces. It's a mechanic I borrowed from the reference implementation, in which the next seven pieces are picked from the seven available tetrominos, one of each, then given in that order.
I think that there is no need for anyone to create another Tetris game for the 84C for a while, this is a great implementation Kerm and I see no reason why this wont be a staple program on anyone's calc.
tr1p1ea wrote:
I think that there is no need for anyone to create another Tetris game for the 84C for a while, this is a great implementation Kerm and I see no reason why this wont be a staple program on anyone's calc.
I'm hoping so as well. Smile I think if I can eventually get a shell going for the TI-84+CSE, though, I'll throw an icon into this and re-release it. Which reminds me, I need to work out that header format once and for all.
So I just bought a Ti 84+cse and found out there are no shells for it, and I want to put apps and programs on it so bad. Could you please work in a shell for the calculator or just release more of the basic programs like the periodic table for the ti 84+cse please?
To run this program you dont require a shell, you simply run it from the homescreen using the Asm( token. Asm( can be found in catalog (2nd+0).

tha being said, i believe that Kerm is working on a shell.
tr1p1ea wrote:
To run this program you dont require a shell, you simply run it from the homescreen using the Asm( token. Asm( can be found in catalog (2nd+0).[/quote ] I even included a program called ATETRIS that contains Asm(TETRICA). Just run ATETRIS normally from the homescreen.

[url]tha being said, i believe that Kerm is working on a shell.
That's the plan. Smile I just need time and motivation.
Cool! This particular calculat needs more basic programs. I hope that you will seriously consider it. Thx!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement