Patrick Davidson has been a member of the calculator-programming community for a long, long time, and has dabbled in TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+/84+, TI-85, TI-86, and TI-89/TI-92 programs. His 242-file ticalc.org profile is a tribute to how many programs he has written (and how many people have released modded versions of his games). Among Patrick's most famous products is Phoenix, a top-scrolling space shooter. You battle waves of enemy ships, collecting money for shield and weapons upgrades along the way. The entire collection of Phoenix games has been downloaded close to a million times, a tribute to the popularity of Patrick's work.

We're happy to report that Patrick has graced us with a new Phoenix-type game, called Calcuzap. Aimed at the color-screen TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculator, this early release of Calcuzap features familiar enemies and gameplay from Phoenix, now in vivid color. Despite the technical challenges that the TI-84+CSE presents to game writers, PatrickD has written a fast-paced, fun game, and we look forward to his work in expanding this game as his time permits. He had already showed himself to be an early master of the TI-84+CSE with his CMonster breakout-type game for the calculator, and we look forward to many more years of great projects from him. On a final note, we want to particularly tip our hats to Patrick for mentioning the #cemetech IRC channel on his title screen and for including his source code for new TI-84+CSE ASM coders to learn from.

Download
Calcuzap for TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition

In true hacker spirit the source code is available to the community !
Many thanks for this..
As a proud Phoenix modder, I applaud this release! Let there soon be Star Wars graphics for all!
I spent 10-15 mins playing this the other night, and was very impressed - nice work (as usual) Patrick!
JamesV wrote:
I spent 10-15 mins playing this the other night, and was very impressed - nice work (as usual) Patrick!
Likewise; I suspect this will find a permanent home on my calculator. Patrick actually emailed me a new version, but I'm hoping he'll get to a computer and be able to upload it himself some day soon. If not I'll get around to it myself.
This got me hooked to my calc for quite a while the other day. Nice job and it's great to see those classics on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Smile
Thanks again for posting the source, PatrickD! Your sprite routines are particularly clever, and understanding them has helped me make a few conceptual leaps on how TI-84+CSE display-writing code can be made faster and more compact.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours