While perhaps not generally news-worthy, I'm excited, so here's this week in TiCalc.org downloads!

This week we have three of our admins in the top downloads for the past seven days on ticalc.org:

Four programs from us made it to the list today:
Connect 4 by tifreak (forum post)
Doors CS (forum link) and Frogger (cemetech download) by KermM, and
Snake by yours truly (forum post)

Also featured are some programs by cemetech members such as DJ_O, Deep Thought, Lionel Debroux, and calc84maniac. Congrats to all! This is the first time I'm aware of that I made it to the top downloads list, so I'm pretty excited Smile

It's very exciting to see the 84+CSE pick up in popularity. With more games and programs being released and being developed (highlights include tifreak's Presidential Database, Kerm's Celtic 2 CSE, ohernandez's Resistor Color Code, and of course the Phoenix-like Calcuzap by patrickdavidson), it's an exciting time to be a calc owner Smile

Be sure to keep us up-to-date on any programs you're currently working on, and to comment on any projects you think look good!
Can anyone explain why the pokemon red and blue ripoffs are also included?
Because "Pokemon"
yeah, but I think that there are better clones to use instead of these. *cough* purple *cough*
Would be, if I ever got anything done with it :p

Speaking of, I might take a look at that here afterwhile, see what I can figure out. I remember ready to test pokeball capturing.. Anyways, that's off topic!

I'm happy to see people are liking the Connect 4 game Smile
People only go for the name. There's a very poor Tetris game in there that bafflingly is on the toplist for all time, just based on the name. Speaking of Tetris, I have a project I've been working on for the past two weeks that I'm hoping to show off today. Smile

Edit: Lest I forget, a beautifully-written article, and great initiative, shaun. And congratulations to tifreak8x, merthsoft, and all of our members who are raking in the downloads from the Back-to-School calculator rush.
This is most encouraging. We need to work to make cemetech the flagship website for all 84+CSE application and game production!
ElectronicsGeek wrote:
This is most encouraging. We need to work to make cemetech the flagship website for all 84+CSE application and game production!
Indeed. I think between SourceCoder, jsTIfied, and all the great programs and games that our members and staff are making, we're well on the way to that. Not to mention our documentation in the form of http://84color.com and "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", which has a whole chapter on using the calculator properly.
tifreak8x wrote:
Because "Pokemon"

I am shocked, however, at how this

Got 158 downloads in 1 week, while this

got 6.

Unless the fact the 1st game was intentionally made as bad as possible while not resorting to menus attracts some curiosity?

Or maybe I was right and 98% of the population thinks Legend is spelled Legand, so when they search for a Zelda game they find this one first? Shock

It is also possible that people download it just to get LCDTOOL, since calc84maniac never released it anywhere.
Maybe everyone suddenly bought 84+CSEs and are downloading the CSE programs?
Travis wrote:
Maybe everyone suddenly bought 84+CSEs and are downloading the CSE programs?
That seems to be the case, and that makes me very happy. I was holding off from writing too many TI-84+CSE programs while waiting to see whether it was going to be a success during Back to School, and based on these download statistics, it looks like it is.
I am now the last one of the 25 entries but I am in too.
Great job, Hayleia! It must be as frustrating to you that Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Red are on there ahead of you as it is to me that MirageOS always blows away Doors CS, though. Sad
Indeed. It sucks how some great programs are overshadowed by outdated ones or ones that are overrated like Pokémon or Tetris. I bet that people avoid ZTris and ZTetris only because they think they are totally different games or it won't show up in the search due to the Z part of the title.

That said, at least the two old Pokémon games only have like 40+ more downloads than Topaze, so that's good and maybe Topaze will eventually climb higher.
KermMartian wrote:
Great job, Hayleia! It must be as frustrating to you that Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Red are on there ahead of you as it is to me that MirageOS always blows away Doors CS, though. Sad

Thanks. And for Pokemon Red/Blue, I guess that they were here for longer and that people assume they are easier to install due to being in Basic so I won't get higher than them anytime soon.

DJ_O wrote:
That said, at least the two old Pokémon games only have like 40+ more downloads than Topaze, so that's good and maybe Topaze will eventually climb higher.
I am not sure of that. See in the screenshot, I am the last one in the list, and I am quite far from the penultimate And for a proof that I won't get high soon, I am out of the list today Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours