For contest # 10 I am working on a particle simulator where you can test out a variety of different elements and see how they react(ex: acid dissolves stone, sand falls, water erodes metal etc.) As of now I am planning on adding just a few elements, ranging from intricate ones such as bombs, and some basic ones such as sand. Here is a list of each planned element and what it does:
-stone: Can be placed in any shape or form and is not effected by gravity
-metal: same as stone exept can be used to conduct electricity and can be eroded by water
-water: a special substance that flows(may not be added in this version), and can erode metal
-bomb: when placed falls until it hits another element, then explodes destroying all nearby elements
-acid: when placed falls until it comes in contact with another element, then burns through that element, cannot destroy glass
-glass: not affected by gravity, and can hold acid
-void: when placed any nearby elements will be sucked into it and never come back...
-sand: falls when placed, I may eventually make it so that when it comes in contact with lava it turns into glass
That is all for now and it's likely that some of these such as water may not be added, so don't expect all of them in the initial release. There will also most likely be a player you can interact with and control. If you have any questions or comments I'd love to here them, wish me luck-Piguy.

Update*
I forgot to mention that this is the first day I've actually began to code the game, before I just thought it out and outlined some basic ideas and how to accomplish them. That's really all I have to say as of now... Oh and the focus for education is mainly science, but there is some physics in it such as gravity, explosions, and wind physics(this may not be added in the initial release though).
This sounds like quite an ambitious contest entry, pimath! Keep in mind that inter-particle forces are key for particle simulation; a simple water/sand/etc particle game won't be enough to fulfill the requirements of the contest. Best of luck!
What do you mean by inter particle forces Kerm? I'm not dxactly sure what you are referring to... And why would this not be enough, just curious.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours