Ok, then I have no serious problems with the game. It certainly isn't an instant classic but it's pretty good.
alright i came up with a new game idea. it is going to be a mud where you type the commands in in order to travel around and do things. if you do not know what a mud is you can find out by typing telnet:dragonstone.org:1234 in your address bar. and i was wondering if anyone wanted to test it once i start passing certain points in the program.
Meh, hasn't that already been done to death? It seems to me that a lot of such games have been already made.
i havent seen any others. i think i will do it anyway because i would like the challenge of typing n to go north and stuff like that even though it would not be to hard seeing as i already know how i would do it.
oh yes i got it so you can now move between all the rooms. now i have to come up with room descriptions. and run it through sc to see if it can come up with any optimizations that i missed.
lafferjm wrote:
oh yes i got it so you can now move between all the rooms. now i have to come up with room descriptions. and run it through sc to see if it can come up with any optimizations that i missed.
Glad to hear it. Remember to double-check the optimizations that SC2 comes up with, though; they're not flawless yet.
i saw. when i ran it through it told me how to make program bigger.
lafferjm wrote:
i saw. when i ran it through it told me how to make program bigger.
Laughing That number is not actually accurate for some reason. It told you to make it smaller; it just didn't realize it.
check it out this is a new game i created. the idea was starcom's since i was having trouble thinking of ideas. The whole program is under 800 bytes and only uses two labels and that is for the menu. Right now it does not have a readme but the controls are: left moves left, right moves right, and second shoots. The program can be downloaded here. below is the source code and screenshots if anyone is interested in looking at them.

Code:

:ClrHome
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:PlotsOff
:FnOff
:0→Xmin
:1→ΔX
:0→Ymin
:1→ΔY
:Menu("ATTACK OF THE 3","START",S,"QUIT",Q
:Lbl S
:Text(0,0,"IN A WORLD WHERE 3'S THINK
:Text(6,0,"THEY ARE PI THERE WAS
:Text(12,0,"GREAT CONFLICT.THE PI'S
:Text(18,0,"THOUGHT DIFFERENTLY.THEN
:Text(24,0,"IT BEGAN...
:Text(30,0,"THE ATTACK OF THE 3'S.
:Pause
:For(A,Xmin,Xmax
:Line(A,Ymin,A,YMax,0
:End
:Horizontal(0
:Horizontal(62
:Vertical 0
:Vertical 94
:55→A
:45→B
:10→H
:0→S
:randInt(3,87→C
:5→D
:1→Z
:Repeat H=0 or K=45
:Text(A,B,"π
:Text(D,C,"   
:Text(D,C,"3
:getKey→K
:If max(K=24,26
:Then
:Text(A,B,"     
:B-2(K=24)(B>3)+2(K=26)(B<87→B
:If K=21
:A-1→E
:B+2→F
:Pxl-On(E,F
:pxl-Test(E+1,F)→θ
:While θ≠1
:E-1→E
:pxl-Test(E-1,F)→θ
:Pxl-Off(E+1,F
:If E=1
:Pxl-Off(E,F
:If E>1
:S+1→S
:randInt(2,87→C
:D+Z(D<55→D
:If D>53
:H-1→H
:randInt(3,87→C
:If S>10
:2→Z
:If S>20
:3→Z
:If S>30
:4→Z
:If H=0
:Disp "YOU DIED!
:Disp "SCORE:
:Output(2,7,S
:Lbl Q
:ZStandard
:AxesOn
:DelVar ADelVar BDelVar CDelVar DDelVar EDelVar FDelVar θDelVar HDelVar SDelVar KDelVar YDelVar ZOutput(1,1,"

it seems a bit hard to see on my emulated 83, also could you post it to somewhere that isn't a public file host? they are quite irritating.
i uploaded it to this site. will provide the link as soon as it is approved. and the being able to see thing is one problem i had with the code because i think it is moving a to fast
there's too long a delay between when a char is overwritten and when it is redrawn to the screen
You forgot:

Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
i have just found a bug that was created by fixing the problem elfprince was having. But it should not be to hard to fix since i know what is causing it. i will have it fixed before the week is out though.
foamy3 wrote:
You forgot:

Very Happy Thank you Foamy, I do indeed like when the TOS line is kept intact. Good call.
well the bug got fixed and i redid some of the code to make it a little more effient. here is the new source code:

Code:

:AxesOff
:PlotsOff
:FnOff
:0→Xmin
:1→ΔX
:0→Ymin
:1→ΔY
:Menu("ATTACK OF THE 3","START",S,"QUIT",Q
:Lbl S
:Text(0,0,"IN A WORLD WHERE 3'S THINK
:Text(6,0,"THEY ARE PI THERE WAS
:Text(12,0,"GREAT CONFLICT.THE PI'S
:Text(18,0,"THOUGHT DIFFERENTLY.THEN
:Text(24,0,"IT BEGAN...
:Text(30,0,"THE ATTACK OF THE 3'S.
:For(A,Xmin,Xmax
:Line(A,Ymin,A,YMax,0
:55→A
:45→B
:10→H
:0→S
:1→Z
:10→O
:randInt(4,87→C
:Horizontal(0
:Horizontal(62
:Vertical 0
:Vertical 94
:Repeat H=0 or K=45
:Text(A,B,"π
:Text(D-Z,C,"   
:Text(D,C,"3
:D+Z(D<55→D
:getKey→K
:If max(K=24,26
:Text(A,B,"     
:B-2(K=24)(B>3)+2(K=26)(B<87→B
:If K=21
:A-1→E
:B+2→F
:pxl-Test(E+1,F)→θ
:While θ≠1
:E-1→E
:pxl-Test(E-1,F)→θ
:Pxl-Off(E+1,F
:If E=1
:If E>1
:S+1→S
:If D>53
:H-1→H
:If S>O
:O+10→O
:Z+1→Z
:If H=0
:Disp "YOU DIED!
:Disp "SCORE:
:Output(2,7,S
:Lbl Q
:ZStandard
:AxesOn
:DelVar ADelVar BDelVar CDelVar DDelVar EDelVar FDelVar θDelVar HDelVar SDelVar KDelVar YDelVar ZDelVar OOutput(1,1,"

and it now comes in at 767 bytes and the problem elfprince had is fixed.
nice size Wink my only complaint is you could just make it a public project and link to the source, then sourcecoder would post updated links whenever you updated the project Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours