I have to agree on that, unless you are asking a question or making a comment with actual content, do not post.
Hey dudes, it's a bot. Duh.
Why would a bot post something like that? It isnt advertising anything by doing it o.O'
wow, look at what the link in its profile leads to - advertising! No way! How crazy.

Also, a common bot symptom is the "[name] is here" signature.
Harq wrote:
Why would a bot post something like that? It isnt advertising anything by doing it o.O'

also check out that the " Smile " is a link Wink
Harq wrote:
Do NOT necropost (post in a long dead topic), unless you want to be a target for Kllrnoj, 0x5
Actually, Kllrnohj should love necroposting, since he's the advocate of not locking long-dead topics.
If I remember correctly, he only likes necroposting if the person has something genuine to add to the discussion.
That rule should apply for all posts in all threads, dead or not. Laughing
Umm, it already does. Pointless posts that don't add anything to the discussion are expressly forbidden.
sure they are, right Laughing Rolling Eyes
And now you can see why I disagree with Kllrnohj on the locking issue... Rolling Eyes
Yup, I do indeed. Oh well, I guess it's not the end of the world for the wordcount to go up.
MUST INCREASE WORD COUNT WITH A STRING OF USELESS COMMENTS! 5.
I do see where he is coming from though, but yeah, a lot of topics could be locked after they have lived their usefulness.
Such as this one, for example? Very Happy Just Joking It might be interesting, but I think minimal locking is probably the better extreme to go to.
KermMartian wrote:
Such as this one, for example? Very Happy Just Joking It might be interesting, but I think minimal locking is probably the better extreme to go to.

My problem is not with locking, per se, but with both the extreme HASTE to lock a thread (eg, <1hr after the thread "appears" finished), and of the admins blatant disregard to locking (eg, Kerm, et al still posting in supposedly "locked" topics), which kept "locked" threads at the top of the "new posts" pile. There were several occasions where a thread was created, and locked, all within a couple of hours. Obviously this prevents those of us who DON'T spend every waking hour on cemetech.net from ever posting in that thread, and perhaps adding something of genuine USE.

Therefore, my task was to completely reverse this, and the easiest way was to put pressure to stop locking at all, as anything short of that would be "shrugged off". I had to stage a "revolution", if you will, and the opposite extreme is often the best course of action, as then even a compromise still gets you what you want. Get it?

Necroposting is only valid if there is something genuine to add, and it is different from a non-old thread in that the majority of people have lost interest in it. Therefore, it must be a worthy post for the thread to be "brought back", as it were, whereas in current threads, worthless (or just near-worthless) posts can create fun, humor, or lead to other interesting avenues of discussion.

As for Harq's pathetic attempt to up the wordcount, he failed to consider that the word count is often divided by the posts for the much more boastful stat of "average words per post", so all you did, Harq, was lower your own stats Wink
Quote:
As for Harq's pathetic attempt to up the wordcount, he failed to consider that the word count is often divided by the posts for the much more boastful stat of "average words per post", so all you did, Harq, was lower your own stats

I am really and truly hoping that you realized that i was being sarcastic, 5.

P.S. OMG Kerm has gotten me to the '5' point! NOOoOoOoO!!!
Harq wrote:

Ah, tis sad that the irony of my jab at you was lost upon thee. I did know that you were being sarcastic, and by pointing that out, I was, in fact, helping not only my own wordcount, but also my average words per post. Did you fail to notice that I am needless expanding my thoughts? Did you fail to realize that you were bested at your own game? This, THIS, is how you blatantly and obviously bloat one's statistics. This is how the game is played.
/me is giggling helplessly whilst reading this thread.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

Ah, tis sad that the irony of my jab at you was lost upon thee. I did know that you were being sarcastic, and by pointing that out, I was, in fact, helping not only my own wordcount, but also my average words per post. Did you fail to notice that I am needless expanding my thoughts? Did you fail to realize that you were bested at your own game? This, THIS, is how you blatantly and obviously bloat one's statistics. This is how the game is played.
How right you are, Kllrnohj. In order to needlessly boost your wordcount, but more importantly your words per post average, you must expand and elaborate your thoughts as much as possible. In fact, to be the best of the best, you must take it to extreme levels, trying such tactics as obfuscating your point behind multiple sentences of meaningless jargon and keywords. For example:

"User, it appears that you have a synergistic dysfunction within your heretofore unrealized potential for globalized increases in your arithmetic mean of contentual posts to the total cardinality of your full chronology of trans-user messaging entries"

versus

"User, please make your posts contain more content"

Oh, and by the way, 5.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours