Ever since v1.15, TiLP would just sit at a black screen with the cursor blinking upon startup. v1.14 works fine. I have the latest GTK+ installed. My computer is a Windows 7 32-bit on a 32-bit computer, 3GB of RAM. I have TI-Graph Link and TI-Connect installed also. Compatibility mode wouldn't solve the problem. Is there any way I can fix this?
CVSoft, you need the libusb thing to create a compatability fix for Ti Connect and TiLP
I'm not using USB, I'm using serial. libusb is completely unnecessary.

Edit: It's a Gray-link with a TI-83 classic.

Here's what it looks like (my Print Screen key doesn't work):
Um, is the calc plugged in and on?

Have you tried waiting for 10 minutes? If nothing happens in 10 minutes I'd reinstall TiLP
While you're at it, make sure the program has adminstrator access.
TiLP doesn't need adminstrator access. But I thought you had gotten this figured out on IRC. Is that not the case?
Really, it depends on the system and how automatic TILP is. For example, my TILP DOES need admin/root access to run, as I don't have it set up to do it otherwise. You can set it up to run with normal user though. I run TILP through Linux, to it could certainly be different on Windows. Smile
On Windows, installing drivers requires elevated privileges.
Aha, that is true Smile
I've tried everything above to make it work, and it still doesn't. On my Win7 desktop it works fine, so it's probably my computer's fault.
Try running it out of the command-line. While it might not fix your problem, it might key us in to what the problem is. To get a command line, go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and find the program called cmd or cmd.exe. Run it, and a window similar to the screen that keeps popping up for you when trying to run TiLP should appear. Navigate to the folder where TiLP is located using the "cd" command. For example:
cd "C:\Program Files\TiLP"
You can also use the "dir" command to list all of the files in your current directory. Once you get to TiLP's directory, run the .exe file in it to attempt to start TiLP. If it starts, great! It it doesn't, copy and paste your error here, and we'll see if anyone can make sense of it Smile

Also, these instructions were written to make sure my grandma could do it if she wanted to, I just don't have any idea how much experience you have with the commandline that's all. Smile
The program can't start because libticables2-6.dll is missing...

Edit: this is my 50th post Very Happy
Quote from http://sourceforge.net/projects/tilp/forums/forum/58171/topic/3289009:

"After having installed TiLP 1.13 on several computers using several Windows OS, I've just come to the conclusion that there's a bug in the installer, the DLL is not included. To fix that, just download http://rapidshare.com/files/272662929/ticables2.zip, then extract it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\LPG Shared\libs and voilĂ ."
All of the files are there... libcables2-2 though 11
Are they inC:\Program Files\Common Files\LPG Shared\libs"?
Yup
Oh, wait, libcables, you have? Or libticables you have? You say the error message says that libticables is missing, but you say you have libcables!
I can't read or type. libticables2-2 thru 2-6 are present.
Aaaaw Sad Uuh, try sticking the dlls in the same folder the exe is in. That tends to work for a lot of programs for me.

EDIT: After getting your message
Try putting all of the dlls in the directory. It may be possible that it's passing by its original error except now it's not finding another, different dll and the same symptom is occurring. If that doesn't work, I recommend reinstalling Tilp. Maybe get an earlier version of it that did work.
It seems 1.17 fixed my problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours