Hi Cemetech people,

I am trying to set up a new computer for some TI assembly programming. I've done this before, but I'm a little rusty, and I'm running into a similar issue to one that I had the first time: namely, I can't get TI Connect to connect to my device. I installed the software before plugging in the calculator (TI-84 Plus), yet still when I plug it in, an error message pops up saying: "Device driver software was not successfully installed." Does anyone know how I might resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!
It would be helpful to know what OS computer you are running to try to install this on. I'm guessing you are using the direct USB connection?
Yes, I am using direct connect. This is on a 64-bit computer running Windows Vista
Cemetech, what's up? Y u no answer my posts lately?
shundra9 wrote:
Y u no

Largely because of this
Haha k. Well I've actually figured out how to install this now; I was just gettin miffed cause no one had replied in a couple days, whereas I used to get replies in like 10 minutes on this forum! But whatever
Vista was kind of horrible with.. Well, everything.

You can try installing TILP2 with the filter driver, see if that helps.

I'd highly recommend getting a silver usb connectivity link, as that is the best way to connect a computer to your calculator.
Oh sorry I misspoke. This is actually a Windows 7 machine, and while I didn't know the difference between direct connect and silver link, because my connectivity device has a silver cable...I'm assuming that it's the latter Razz I think all I was really missing was restarting the computer after installation (which wasn't explained in the on-CD directions, which pisses me off).
You shouldn't need to restart to install new device drivers or recognize devices, as of Windows 7 (and Vista, I Think). That's annoying that you did indeed have to. :/
You shouldn't need to restart for USB drivers in 2000 or XP, either, but sometimes there's a driver installation issue that prevents it from working properly, and you have to reboot.

(For instance, I had the USB driver for a floppy drive, something built into Windows, crash on my work PC running Win7. Had to reboot to get the floppy back, because the driver was still resident in memory and it couldn't unload it.)
Hello all, once again I am trying to install TI Connect on a new computer, and once again I am having issues connecting to the device. I am using a TI-84 Plus calculator with a 64-bit Windows 8 laptop. Currently, when I plug in the calculator, the Device Manager shows a "TI-GRAPH LINK USB" under "Other devices", but its icon has a little exclamation mark. When I right-click it and go to properties, it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28 ) To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." However, trying to update the driver has gotten me nowhere, uninstalling the driver then scanning for hardware changes has done no good, and uninstalling/reinstalling TI Connect without the device connected, then restarting the computer, and then connecting the device while it is turned on has ALSO done no good. So I'm at a loss; does anybody know what I'm missing?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours