I just got a CC40! It's a neat little portable computer made by Texas Instruments in 1983. It runs TI Extended BASIC (but no drawing commands) (TI BASIC is a version of Microsoft BASIC, i think), and I've already written some programs for it! Very Happy It has a 2.5 MHz processor and 6k of static RAM.
Also i posted a picture of it on facebook (that's why it says Hello Facebook), here's the pic:
http://i.imgur.com/u6z88sS.jpg
That is epic! I have heard of that one before - it was advertized in the material that came with my TI-99/4A. A beautiful machine, for sure; I love vintage computers, and that there one is a good one. Did you get on eBay?
Yep, I got it from eBay; from mdude's store. It looked like I got his last one though. I think there are other stores that sell it, though.
Here are two programs I've made!
The first one is a simple counting program. You give it a number, it counts from 0 to the number and from that number to 0, then asks you if you want to run it again.

Code:

90 INPUT "Count to: ";M
100 FOR I=0 TO M
110 PRINT "Count:";I;"Remaining:";M-I
120 PAUSE 0.5
130 NEXT I
140 INPUT "Count again? (y/n)";C$
150 IF C$ = "y" OR C$ = "Y" THEN GOTO 90 ELSE STOP

This program is a stopwatch. Hold in the spacebar to count, release it to pause. Press X to clear the count.

Code:

100 T=0:S$="STOP"
110 PRINT T,S$
120 CALL KEY(K,R)
130 IF K=32 THEN PAUSE .1:T=T+.1:S$="RUN" ELSE S$="STOP"
140 IF K=120 THEN T=0
150 GOTO 110
I made another program! This one shows keycodes:

Code:

100 K=0:CALL KEY(K,R)
110 IF R=-1 THEN PRINT "KEY VALUE ASC:";K;"CHAR:";CHR$(K)
120 GOTO 100

it's simple, but really useful.
Keep up the good work! Do you have any plans to do anything with the hardware, or are you satisfied simply hacking on the software for now?
I did find the pinouts of the Hexbus port, and how to interface with it in BASIC, so I might do something hardware related soon!
Ah yes, the Hexbus port. I remember that because though the hexbus interface was designed for the CC40, it also works for the TI-99/4A, and, if you can get Hexbus peripherals (which isn't so easy) they work better for the ti-99 than the TI-99 peripherals Smile

And, great work on the exploring the built-in Basic! Looks like fun; almost makes me want to get me another vintage computer so I can do that again, as I did for all the ones I have.
Spyro543 wrote:
I did find the pinouts of the Hexbus port, and how to interface with it in BASIC, so I might do something hardware related soon!
That sounds great; keep us updated on what you end up doing with it. Something like a simple transistor + resistor + LED circuit would be a nice easy place to start, but I encourage you to consider eventually interfacing your calculator with the CC40.
Yeah. Right.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours