Check the height of the image - most BMP files are stored bottom-to-top (hence the "upwards loading" effect if someone uses a BMP on a website) but some can be stored top-to-bottom which is denoted with a negative height. You must check for a negative height and handle it appropriately.
benryves wrote:
Check the height of the image - most BMP files are stored bottom-to-top (hence the "upwards loading" effect if someone uses a BMP on a website) but some can be stored top-to-bottom which is denoted with a negative height. You must check for a negative height and handle it appropriately.

How will it help if I do(everything is loading fine, except that 24-bit is flipped vertically)?
You'll still need to flip images, but as your code doesn't appear to correctly handle negative heights at the moment it'll probably do strange things if you don't fix that. I'm not sure what the dancing image is about, but I'm not really familiar enough with your code or Prizm development to really comment other than that!
I'm thinking about releasing a demo soon. These will probably be the bugs and downsides:
- No loading images too big or re-sizing too big(173*173 is the biggest square you can make; has to equal to or less than 30000 in all because of memory reasons)
- No filling in too large areas(it resets the calc; if you're going to do it, make a few boxes or circles and then fill them one at a time)
- 24-bit pics load backwards(negative heights not handled either)
- The "Save" function doesn't work right(just use "Save As")
- Scaling doesn't let you make it too big(Once the scaled image is over around 112 width or height, it gets glitchy)

New things since I last posted:
- Two colors(you can use the second one by using ALPHA instead of SHIFT; also when picking the color picker too)

BTW, the 24-bit loading works because it converts it to R5G6B5 and it might reduce the quality of the pic depending on what pic you use. It saves as 24-bit, and you don't have to type the file extension in the box. Also, you can't type lowercase, bu this might be fixed in a later version. If you type in the same name as another file, it will replace it.

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything(I probably am Razz)...
any updates? download link?
Here is a link to the archives for the beta. Give input when you can!
Looks great, having fun with it.

Suggestions:
1. Maybe make EXE exit menu mode. Shift seemed a little counter-intuitive to me, since you are selecting a tool. Wink
2. Have [EXIT] exit menus.

Besides that, looks great! It's probably not too big a deal if it can't handle large images since it will probably be used mainly for making sprites or having fun, and a small canvas seems fine.

Oh, one more suggestion: Foreground select, like GIMP. Smile

*flyingfisch runs
A few suggestions/bugs:
-The cursor in the inner circle erases pixels right next to the very center. Meaning you can't see if you are next to the point you want.
-I was using the line tool, and switched over to the paint bucket, the paint bucket works, however there is a line from the point that I switched over to the paint bucket. (this happens with all three tools; line, circle and rect) (it actually happens when changes tools!)
-In conjunction with the last bug, I pressed new and that line is still connected to me while the rest of the canvas is blank.
-Using the circle tool, the cursor will stop on the edges, but allows for a circle drawn outside the bounds.
-Sometimes the pencil tool does not draw correctly, mainly when drawing in a steep diagonal.

Great job!
Quote:

-Using the circle tool, the cursor will stop on the edges, but allows for a circle drawn outside the bounds.

Hmm.. cant seem to replicate this one. Do you mean that the circle preview goes out of bounds?
Yeah, does it not actually draw it? Just the preview?
yeah, its seems that only the gray preview is drawn out of bounds. If you press [shift], it will commit and the end product will not be draw out of bounds.
Ahh that's neat. Are you getting the switching tools gives a gray preview of the last tool with the current tool preview?
yeah.... switching tools while one is in preview mode seems really glitchy...

EDIT:

Actually, there seems to be no way to exit the preview if you decide you dont want to draw there.

P.S.
My 13 yr old bro has totally fallen in love with this addin. Very Happy
Actually there is, pressing [alpha] will cancel the preview.
nope, alpha just draws it in the secondary color. Wink
Ahh, so if your secondary color is white.... That's why I thought it just went away. Haha
Yup, i thought the same thing Wink
zeldaking wrote:
A few suggestions/bugs:
-The cursor in the inner circle erases pixels right next to the very center. Meaning you can't see if you are next to the point you want.
-I was using the line tool, and switched over to the paint bucket, the paint bucket works, however there is a line from the point that I switched over to the paint bucket. (this happens with all three tools; line, circle and rect) (it actually happens when changes tools!)
-In conjunction with the last bug, I pressed new and that line is still connected to me while the rest of the canvas is blank.
-Sometimes the pencil tool does not draw correctly, mainly when drawing in a steep diagonal.

Great job!

First one: Yes, that's how the cursor sprite is designed. Would you like me to change it (you too flyingfisch)?

Second: Yeah, I have't gotten around to fixing that problem. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Third: See second.

Forth: Yeah, that happens, but it usually still draws correctly.

Fifth: I knew about that too, but all these bugs are hard to keep up with. Razz

Thanks for complements. Very Happy

flyingfisch wrote:
P.S.
My 13 yr old bro has totally fallen in love with this addin. Very Happy

Sounds great. Very Happy

I'll take suggestions into consideration if more than one person suggests it. Wink
I would like the cursor redesigned as well. This may be hard to implement, but a 2x zoom mode would be nice as well. Wink
flyingfisch wrote:
I would like the cursor redesigned as well. This may be hard to implement, but a 2x zoom mode would be nice as well. Wink

Press the plus button (if the image you're editing isn't too big). Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours