What can I type in an asm program (oncalc) that will clear the RAM, and what Hex code will clear Everything (RAM & ARHIVE, NOT DESTROY)
Why would you want to do this? This isn't typically something we will help with since it can be used maliciously.
arc clear:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Why would you want to do this? This isn't typically something we will help with since it can be used maliciously.

i agree comicidiot

ram clear:asm or hex code???(you are asking for both!)
hex code: just input something...
asm:i dont know
Clearing RAM:

(non-84+CSE):
AsmPrgm
C7

(84+CSE):
Asm84CPrgm
C7

Clearing the entire archive is more complicated. There are two options, install a temporary GetCSC hook that presses the keys to get to the Memory menu and confirm you want to erase everything, or unlock flash and erase every sector from 08h to 15h/29h/69h/0E3h (depending on model -- 83+, 84+, 83+SE/84+SE, 84+CSE, respectively).

Both require more code than you can just type in, so it would be best to write a program and assemble it, then open it up in a hex editor and rip the opcodes out of it for typing in by hand.

It's up to you to do the reading and find out how to actually code it.
instead of unlocking flash couldn't you just iterate through all archived variables and use DelVarArc?

and C7 == rst 00h, right?
Im a BASIc programmer, so I don't know what a GetCSC hook is.
Thanks for the C7, I'm going to try that. Smile
How would I do the GetCSC hook for 2ND,+,7,<-,1,2
On the calc itself?
For some reason, I can't delete this post
willwac wrote:
How would I do the GetCSC hook for 2ND,+,7,<-,1,2
On the calc itself?

Like Brandon already said, that's pretty much impossible by hand. Writing hooks isn't that difficult if you have a good grasp of Z80 asm and the inner workings of the TIOS, but trying to install a hook by writing a program manually in hex codes is wasted effort.

So you'll have to read up on hooks and asm. Start here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/268/26877.html
Ok, like I've said before, I program in BASIC, and my very first Asm program was the C7 one that I made last night. (I did that like ten times for fun! Smile )
parrotgeek1 wrote:
instead of unlocking flash couldn't you just iterate through all archived variables and use DelVarArc?

and C7 == rst 00h, right?

Yes, and yes.

The fact that I didn't consider that makes me more worried than normal for my sanity. Neutral All I do anymore is think of flash unlocking.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours