A contact at TI has kindly shared with me a promotion that they're doing on their Facebook, "Win a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition". If you're a US resident age 13 or older with a Facebook account, you simply tell them what you love most about the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus series of graphing calculators before April 21, 2013. If you're not a US resident or are under the age of 13, I'm afraid you're out of luck, but as we have discovered, there are distributors who are starting to carry and sell the new calculator. Good luck if you enter!

Done! I'll find out if I win or lose the last day of my vacation Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
Done! I'll find out if I win or lose the last day of my vacation Very Happy
If you win, will you port Alex Glanville's Money Manager to the new calculator? Also, I'm curious what you (and everyone else) put for what you/they love about the TI-83+/84+ family.
I will! I'll mention what I put after the contest closes and enters the judging phase to prevent any duplicate or "revised" submissions.

I also got an e-mail saying my entry was accepted by a moderator about 8 hours later from the time of my post. Which, I'm not sure if this is something new or something public companies do with huge amounts of publicity/press.
Smile I entered.
I entered, guess I'll post what I said later. I did say I loved DCS7. XD
Entered the other day. Got my acceptance email yesterday.
I entered! I basically wrote about how my TI 84+SE got me interested in computer science to the point of wanting to earn a degree in it. It's going to be forever before we find out who wins Razz
Naw, we'll find out on April 26th; the day I return from the wonderful state of New York!
_player1537 wrote:
I entered! I basically wrote about how my TI 84+SE got me interested in computer science to the point of wanting to earn a degree in it. It's going to be forever before we find out who wins Razz
Good choice. I entered for kicks and talked about the strengths of calculators as introductory programming devices.
I went to the site, and it said "no winners found"? XD
CalebHansberry wrote:
I went to the site, and it said "no winners found"? XD

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Razz
Aww, US-only promotions are so sad. I know it's not exactly feasible to run a global contest, due to shipping costs and whatnot, but they could at least try to promote their stuff outside the US :/
turiq, I know that TI France does some promotions, but I think the US and France are the two markets that they focus primarily (or exclusively) on. Regarding that Facebook page, I just get a blank page when I click the Winners tab.
I currently see a "No winners found." in the traditional yellow facebook note/info message markup.
Bummer. They did say "up to 12 calculators"... maybe nobody won, or they decided not to give any away at all...

Later: It now says the contest is gone... does not exist. Like I said, I suspect foul play.
As for why the contest mysteriously disappeared from Facebook, I have no idea. I can, however, verify that the contest was legitimate! Proof below. Smile

Congratulations on winning, Runer! I think that the screenshot they picked for that cardboard overlay is not the best one, but oh well.
Dang. You're so lucky. Congrats to the people who did win. Smile
Runer112 wrote:
As for why the contest mysteriously disappeared from Facebook, I have no idea. I can, however, verify that the contest was legitimate! Proof below. Smile

Congrats, but does this calc still work? Shock (seeing how the package is in rather terrible condition)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours