My predilection for writing 3D graphing utilities is well-documented, from Graph 3D v2.0 for the TI-73 and TI-83 written in 2003, to Graph 3D v4.0 for the TI-83 and TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus in 2004. Most recently, I wrote a colorful 3D graphing Add-In for the Casio Prizm called Graph3DP 1.0. Lest I leave the new color-screen TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculator out of the fun, I am happy to introduce a color TI-BASIC 3D grapher called Graph3D v4.1.

Graph3D v4.1 is a re-written version of my decade-old TI-BASIC 3D graphing application for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, taking full advantage of the new colorful LCD. It is a fully-integrated 3D graphing utility that can graph up to 6 simultaneous 3D equations of the form Z=f(X,Y). You can edit the window settings, zoom settings, and format from within the program. You can trace over any graph, and rotate and zoom graphs from the graphscreen. Among many other tweaks, this version overhauls the rotation code to be faster and more accurate compared with its monochrome ancestor. I hope that you'll give it a try and tell me if you have any suggestions, comments, or bug reports.

Download
Graph3D v4.1 Color 3D Grapher

I was going to complain about the color scheme, but then I saw it was in Basic, and was very impressed instead! Smile Great work Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
I was going to complain about the color scheme, but then I saw it was in Basic, and was very impressed instead! Smile Great work Smile
Thanks. Smile I did my best to create a sane 8-color palette out of the 15 colors the OS offers. For the curious, it's this:

{16,11,15,19,14,18,10,17
Great news! Smile Now every color screen calc has its 3D grapher and this one seems to do the job pretty well too!
Great job ! This is going on my 84+CSE as soon as I get back home Smile
Hayleia wrote:
Great job ! This is going on my 84+CSE as soon as I get back home Smile
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it! As stated in the article, please let me know if you think of any comments, compliments, criticisms, or suggestions you want to throw my way.
Looks awesome! Glad to see more programs for the CSE pop up by you. Smile

Are there going to be updates to the code for the previous versions? Mainly for the faster rotation stuff, I mean.
Id kill to see this on the CE. It'd be so much faster!
when running on the ce it says invalid dimension, even though its the top rated for the ce.
It's an error while tracing yes?

Open the program in TI-Connect CE (or SourceCoder 3)
At the very bottom of the source (line 461) there's the line A+|LG3D(2->A, this needs to be changed to A+1->A. Export the program and resend it to your calculator.

Also, please don't post on threads that were last active prior to about two to three years ago (this one is from 2013).
Please make a new topic if you continue to have issues. Thanks! :)
Can you add a table with the 2nd+Graph and the graph-table mode?
IvanTheCOol132 wrote:
Thanks for posting this suggestion, as I requested. As I mentioned, I don't immediately have time for this, but I might add it if I find an hour somewhere to spiff up this program slightly.
KermMartian wrote:
IvanTheCOol132 wrote:
Thanks for posting this suggestion, as I requested. As I mentioned, I don't immediately have time for this, but I might add it if I find an hour somewhere to spiff up this program slightly.

Alright, thank you for letting me know

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours