I made a list like this in "Statistics":
And get Med = 3.8
If I calculate the Med in Run-Matrix I get ~4.35
I put these values in List 1 in the statistics menu. Then pressed F2 (CALC) -> F1 (1-VAR) and it displayed ~4.353 for the mean (the overlined x).
Note that one needs to set the list for which one wants to do the calculations for, in the SET menu (Shift+Exit, F2 then F6). In this case you'd set the first value to List1.

Then I went to Run-Mat and inserted the following:
Mean(List1) (OPTN,F1,F6,F3 then Shift+1 and 1)
...and it returned ~4.353.

So what's your issue?
Using fx-CG 20 OS 1.04.0200.
gbl08ma wrote:
I put these values in List 1 in the statistics menu. Then pressed F2 (CALC) -> F1 (1-VAR) and it displayed ~4.353 for the mean (the overlined x).
Note that one needs to set the list for which one wants to do the calculations for, in the SET menu (Shift+Exit, F2 then F6). In this case you'd set the first value to List1.

Then I went to Run-Mat and inserted the following:
Mean(List1) (OPTN,F1,F6,F3 then Shift+1 and 1)
...and it returned ~4.353.

So what's your issue?
Using fx-CG 20 OS 1.04.0200.

My issue is that I seemed to be to tired and looked at the wrong thing. It returned 4.353, don't know why I thought the Med was the mean value sense I have used "Statistics" dozens of times before...

Thanks for your help Razz
Now you know the difference between the median and the arithmetic mean (average), I guess!
KermMartian wrote:
Now you know the difference between the median and the arithmetic mean (average), I guess!

I did before to. Avrage is "Medelvärde" in swedish there for I was a bit slow today and thougt Med was short for medelvärde (avrage). Smile
In Portuguese the word average/mean is "média" and I used to get confused too but since the median is often off from the mean, I notice the value I got wasn't the one I expected and corrected it...
lirkaren wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I did before to. Avrage is "Medelvärde" in swedish there for I was a bit slow today and thougt Med was short for medelvärde (avrage). Smile
That makes perfect sense. Smile Thanks for clarifying!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours