BZC
Has anyone else checked this out? The Basic Asm thing? They said they made up this new language that is an Asm/Basic/C (ABC) hybrid. Why didn't they just name it ABC... anyways it seems like a very interesting project. It is very similiar to C. Worth checking out.
link?
Here it is
pretty pathetic when a sample compiles to a .8xp that TI Connect promptly rejects as "Incompatible Type"
That's strange. It went to the calc and worked just fine with me.
Eh, looks in the same league as that ASM compiler thing.
Sad I installed it. didn't even have the compiler binaries with it.
elfprince13 wrote:

the windows one does - that tripped me up for a second there too, but it automatically installs the .exe (and lord knows what else) into a system directory that is in the %PATH%, therefore you can just open a CMD and type BZC
:rolleyes: How wonderfully efficient and intuitive. Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

the windows one does - that tripped me up for a second there too, but it automatically installs the .exe (and lord knows what else) into a system directory that is in the %PATH%, therefore you can just open a CMD and type BZC

mine didn't install binaries....on windows. the installer is screwed up
Lame lame lame. These people should actually test their programs before releasing them. :/
I don't get why it won't work on your comps. It is working just fine on my comp. I just ran the installer, and the tutorials/test programs/source were installed. Then all I needed to do was right click a .bzc program and click on compile, and it worked without any problems. Just keep this in mind people, it is a beta release, so maybe with continued support they will make this better, like add the capability for sprites and user input. Give them a chance and suggest improvements instead of just ranting off against them.
Smile Good point. I think we should get them to come over here so we can discuss it with them.
as with the TASM on calc guy.
elfprince13 wrote:
mine didn't install binaries....on windows. the installer is screwed up

what version of windows? I did it on XP w/ no probs (the one from ticalc) - although i never did find where it actually stuck the exe
the one from TiCalc.org on XP Pro. the exe seems to be gone. I google desktopped it, and couldn't find it.
elfprince13 wrote:
the one from TiCalc.org on XP Pro. the exe seems to be gone. I google desktopped it, and couldn't find it.

just open a command prompt and type bzc

google desktop prolly didn't find it cause it wasn't yet added to the DB
Ah, good call. Hence the global variable.
well looky there....Google Desktop still hasn't found it though.
Weird. So since TI-Freak was the one contacting the oncalc TASM guy, I'll get in touch with these people.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
BZC
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours