OK, so after reading this thread several times through, its apparent to me that we can not yet dump the CSE/CE ROM image. Everything here talks about using the Sliver/Black/GreyLink cables. The CSE/CE ONLY have USB. And, as stated in the OP, the USB port cant be used.

So, unless someone is hiding a USB-based dumper in their basement, dumping of the CSE/CE ROM image is not possible right now. The older, models are, that have the link port, but not if they ONLY have USB.
The CSE does have an I/O port. It's the CE that only has the USB port.
Ah yes, my bad. Havent used the CSE in a while. Forgot what all it had.

So its just the CE we cant dump. I stand corrected. Razz

Which would mean that on this page:
Get Started with the TI-84 Plus CE

It shouldnt mention being able to dump the CE ROM image, seeing as its not possible yet. A bit misleading.
Rom8x uses the USB port to dump, so I imagine it would be possible to dump the CE.
the 84CSE programs run a syntax error when trying to execute them on the CE. Has it been updated for the CE yet?
The calculator-side portions of rom8x will basically need to be rewritten from scratch to support the CE, since the memory layout is completely different (never mind that it'll be running in eZ80 mode).
Thats kind of what I figured.

I was hoping to test out some apps I made, and I type much faster on the computer then I could on the calc, so the emulator made more sense for me.

So, with all that being said, the page with specs and all for the CE, should have the line about ROM dumping the "CE" removed, as its not possible yet. Just saying. Very Happy
It's been removed. Nice catch, thanks!
No problem. Of course, when it comes time to test for dumps or any other apps for the CE, Im here and ready to test out!

I run my own website and forum (forum is new as of a week ago), so making sure everything is correct and up-to-date is what I do. I didnt mean to make this sound picky, just happened to catch my attention.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours