Quote:
<BrandonW> "You don't even want to know what TI Connect does when it's just detecting your calculator...It ACTUALLY ERASES THE SWAP SECTOR on every communication attempt...EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT...Yes, TI Connect will kill your calculator..What do I have to do to get your attention?!....Such a bloated protocol."

What is this "SWAP SECTOR"?

Edit:

Where is the small list sign
Please refrain from double posting unless your prior post is older than 12 hours.

And to answer your question, you can access the small L by typing |L
" | " being the vertical bracket?
No, being what you just typed out. |L will be recognized and be converted into L.
Is the first character a vertical bracket?
I've never heard it called that, nor actually knew the name, but I suppose it is. I'm sorry Very Happy
willwac wrote:
Is the first character a vertical bracket?
The "|" symbol is called a pipe.
Ok, thanks. I have always called it a "vertical bracket". I'm sorry mis-communication Sad (P.S.: The pop-up for the smiles isn't the right size, could you fix that Chris?)
I got an idea today. So you added list, matrices and stuff support. Why don't you add Appvar support, too? It shouldn't be too hard seeing that an appvar is just an array of bytes Smile
aeTIos wrote:
I got an idea today. So you added list, matrices and stuff support. Why don't you add Appvar support, too? It shouldn't be too hard seeing that an appvar is just an array of bytes Smile
Actually, it already has appvar support, in that it will try to detokenize Appvars as if they were programs (since programmers often store tokenized data in Appvars).
It'd be nice to have the option/button that can create new appvars. Smile I'm sure others would like to be able to get at them if they can't install Tokens for whatever reason.
Feature ideas:

Drag and drop 8x's into the window to have them auto loaded and dropped into the active projects panel.

Properly importing the old source coder files

allowing the export .8xp to have a save as dialog in chrome
To summarize:

Known Bugs:
- Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. How to fix?
- Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. What to do?

Feature requests:
- Add/create AppVar
- Drag-n-drop all filetypes
- Import old SourceCoder files (might not be done if insufficient size)

For the Chrome suggestion, all of my research indicates that that you can't control the Save-As dialog at all. Sad
Think about it this way: Do you want any website to save all sorts of images, illegal things, malicious software, bunnies, and other random files on your computer? It just isn't a good idea.
KermMartian wrote:
What tokens does: A\<|LMINE(1).
Or change the <| token into [<|].
KermMartian wrote:
I'm not quite sure what this means, but my answer would be: Save them.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
What tokens does: A\<|LMINE(1).
Or change the <| token into [<|].
KermMartian wrote:
I'm not quite sure what this means, but my answer would be: Save them.
They don't get saved because to save database space (and ensure that people aren't abusing SourceCoder to store general-purpose Unicode files), I store programs/strings/appvars in tokenized format, which removes those features. The most obvious solution is to store them in untokenized raw text format, but I'm not thrilled about that. Another option would be to introduce some "invalid" tokens that may only be used for files being stored in the database, but that sounds super-clunky to me. Yet another option would be to leave files containing \ or comments untokenized, and tokenize everything else, but that seems quite awkward too. Any suggestions?

Shaun, may I request that the newest XML files include the newest DCSB Libs additions? I could of course simply add them to my own copy, but I want to keep yours as the authoritative version. And speaking of the <| issue, would you mind if we come to a common agreement on the best way to handle that?
KermMartian wrote:
They don't get saved because to save database space (and ensure that people aren't abusing SourceCoder to store general-purpose Unicode files), I store programs/strings/appvars in tokenized format, which removes those features. The most obvious solution is to store them in untokenized raw text format, but I'm not thrilled about that. Another option would be to introduce some "invalid" tokens that may only be used for files being stored in the database, but that sounds super-clunky to me. Yet another option would be to leave files containing \ or comments untokenized, and tokenize everything else, but that seems quite awkward too. Any suggestions?
Mm, I see. Can you have two styles of tokenization: one for saving the actual file to the user and one for storing it on the DB? The one that stores it on the DB will keep everything as it is (just tokenizing the '\' to the actual '\' character and tokenizing comments), the other will do the "right thing" for its case.

KermMartian wrote:
Shaun, may I request that the newest XML files include the newest DCSB Libs additions? I could of course simply add them to my own copy, but I want to keep yours as the authoritative version. And speaking of the <| issue, would you mind if we come to a common agreement on the best way to handle that?
Feel free to add them and send the xml file to me--I'd be happy to include them. As for <|, it's probably a good idea to wrap it in square-brackets, like [<|]. I can see A<|LBLAH being pretty common.
*bump* SourceCoder 3 can now spit out string data for palettized TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition sprites as used by Celtic 2's theta=9 function. I still need to add image exporting from SourceCoder 3 (among many other things).
Issues I have run into:
    ▪ Image dimensions don't seem to be displayed at all. I only get: "Dimensions: x px"
    ▪ Bitmaps don't seem to work at all. I get the following message:
Quote:
Error: Unable to load name.bmp. Are you sure it's a valid file type?
More Information: error

Feature requests:
    ▪ Automatic pausing of jstified when hidden; possibly optional. I don't think I would ever disable it, but perhaps someone might want their code to work on a large computation for a while as they continue to code more.
    ▪ A more Axe-friendly hexadecimal image output. The data spit out already is correct, but ideally (for small images, at least) it should be formatted just as one long string rather than split across multiple lines, and possibly enclosed in square brackets. The square brackets enclose hexadecimal data in Axe, but it's probably easy enough for a user to add the opening and closing brackets.
I was trying to use SC3 yesterday and whenever I clicked the thing on the side to add a command, it added the command three times instead of once. I'm using Google Chrome.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours