I need help making a java program that will allow me to input 10 test grades into an array using a dialog box in one method. Then in a different method it needs to display the grades and calculate the average, highest, and lowest grade. I have no idea where to start and need a lot of help please.
Sounds like a class assignment - and if that is, we aren't going to do it for you Smile
Here are several questions:
* what is the mathematical definition of the average, min and max functions ?
* in Java, do you know what data types you can use ?
* have you looked around for the ways to read input and print output (hint, the canonical Java Hello World example shows how to print output) ?
Ok I have made a method for you that takes in 10 grades and stores it into an array. You should use the console class for basic input and system.out for output. I will leave it up to you to implement the methods to return average, high, and low. If you have any questions feel free to post here. Good luck!

Code:
import java.io.Console;

public class testGradesCemetech
{
   private int[] gradeArray=new int[10];

public testGradesCemetech()
   {
      System.out.println("Please enter 10 grades");
      for (int i=0 ; i<10 ; i++)
      {
         Console console = System.console();
         String grade = console.readLine("Enter grade:");
         gradeArray[i]=Integer.parseInt(grade);
      }
   }

public void dispGrades()
   {
      for (int i:gradeArray)
      {
         System.out.print(i+" ");
      }
   }

public static void main (String args[])
   {
      testGradesCemetech a=new testGradesCemetech();
      a.dispGrades();
   }
}
[/code]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours